You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

If Liverpool hadn't performed so well over the past few years in the league City would have won the league by the following margins

2020/21 - 18 points and counting

2019/20 - 15 points

2018/19 - 26 points

2017/18 - 19 points

This while hoovering up 5 of the 8 other domestic trophies. Fuck me, how has it come to this and we are seen as the baddies? 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Razoray said:

If Liverpool hadn't performed so well over the past few years in the league City would have won the league by the following margins

2020/21 - 18 points and counting

2019/20 - 15 points

2018/19 - 26 points

2017/18 - 19 points

This while hoovering up 5 of the 8 other domestic trophies. Fuck me, how has it come to this and we are seen as the baddies? 

Bizarre isnt it. The coach incidents havent helped and we're everyone's favourite pantomime villan.

Fans of other clubs hope one day some mega rich ownership comes along and buys them. Look at the shite the toon fans have come out with over this supposed Saudi buyout which isnt really a buyout, it's just staverley fronting a club with a couple of other dodgey buyers. everton are the same, desparately hoping Usman comes out of the shadow and pours his laundered money into them so they can finally better 'the rs.'

Then you have fans of arsenal, spurs, clubs either fallen from grace or never quite got there not wanting to see us winning titles. It goes without saying fans of united and chelsea just dont want us winning anything but there again, the feeling is mutual.

Don't want to start a thread about the cunt so I'll leave this here. 

Pep Guardiola: Manchester City boss named manager of the year - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57235823

Plucky underdog Pep voted LMA manager of the year for scraping the league on a shoestring budget. Bielsa or Moyes should have won this. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Pep Guardiola: Manchester City boss named manager of the year - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57235823

Plucky underdog Pep voted LMA manager of the year for scraping the league on a shoestring budget. Bielsa or Moyes should have won this. 

It still pisses me off when Houllier won the Treble and Champions League qualification but George Burley was voted manager of the year for finishing 6th with Ipswich. 

1 hour ago, Redder Lurtz said:

I'd have liked Moyes to win it just for the blue fume. Bielsa is a good shout though.

2 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

City had 3 outfield players play more than 2500 minutes in the PL. We had 7, Utd had 6, doesn't look like a huge difference but it's massive, they just change 7 players from Wednesday to Saturday and move on the next game. We and plucky little Utd had to flog the same players to death all season, the numbers below show most City players only started around 23 games. I wouldn't like to hear people talking about their lack of injuries and the suspicious cancellation at Everton just because of Pep's previous misdemeanours, that would be as unfair as labelling him a money manager.

SmartSelect_20210525-122258_Chrome.jpgSmartSelect_20210525-122211_Chrome.jpgSmartSelect_20210525-121926_Chrome.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

UEFA are all about the good of the game and the well-being of the players, didn't you know. They are threatening to fine players and coaches who remove those Coke bottles and beer bottles at press conferences. I'd just pile all the bottles in front of the mic and fuck off out of the press conference.

Somewhere down the line has to come a question (not just in football but in TV and film too, among others) about why costs are so high that organisations are kowtowing to sponsors' demands.

18 hours ago, Trumo said:

Somewhere down the line has to come a question (not just in football but in TV and film too, among others) about why costs are so high that organisations are kowtowing to sponsors' demands.

Corruption, jobs for the boys, unlimited perks etc. The usual story.

Costs are driven by at least 2 things: The large amounts of money sports stars or other 'celebrities' demand for the endorsement and, the amount of money organisations wants to align certain products exclusively within their event.

They may both converge at one event or, only one of them be the driver. There may be other factors at play such as ultimate prize money paid to participants which has to come from somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...