You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ched Evans

Bjornebye

Do people love Mike Tyson? I think he's an animal, also, boxers aren't generally idolised by kids. Wouldn't want my kid wearing a Ched Evans shirt, even though that's unlikely anyway with him being shit.

Anyway, Sean Bean should have the final say.

When Saturday comes.....you don't m'lad.

Do the Sheffield Utd players want to play with him?

I know I wouldn't want to work alongside someone like that.

And that's before you even get to the part where he fucks it up for you and your mates of pulling at the works Christmas party if he's stood next to you......

Oh dear.

Consent underpins rape. The absence of it makes the offence. If she's smashed, out of it and not capable of giving true and full consent to him doing her, it's a clear cut lack of consent and therefore rape.

Devils advocate here NT.....(hypothetically speaking)...If both parties have partaken in the same amount of booze, gone half's on the same pill/roofie/whatever, partied, altered their state, danced themselves dizzy, been equally loved up and partaken in the merriment that ensues, Philosophically speaking, is one or the other more capable of consenting more so than the other?

*I'm after putting on my tin hat and getting my coat, and so is my wife*

There will 100% be blokes on here who have shagged a bird more intoxicated than them. Not me, you understand. Other blokes. No, not me. Never me. Using this fact as an advantage to get their end away. Are they rapists?

Just a thought.

Thing is, he should be allowed, and like lots have said, he'll be the target of dogs abuse, every away fan will revel in it.

Our law is simple, commit the crime serve the time, and rehabilitate offenders, stop them doing what they are good at, and you'll likely create a bigger criminal.

As greavsie said on many occassion, "it's a funny old game" we get all hyperbole about things because they're footballers and paid fortunes, we need to get out of the mindset that they are roll models, they're not, they're professional footballers who play in an age where millions is sloshing round and they take a fair whack of it

No matter what has happen fans will forgive if they do it on the park, if Suarez had been convicted of rape, and then returned to perform like he did last season, the majority of our fan base would've forgiven him, we can argue all we like, but that's how it would've been.

Fuck them as roles models, they're footballers, it's a job at the end of the day, and he has every right to earn a living, it's just he earns it in public and will get paid significantly more than most of us for doing it.

Except our away end if we ever played against him

We aren't cunts. Well… By and large. 

There's a difference between being drunker than someone and unable to give full consent. I'd hope that most people on here wouldn't throw one up a dribbling barely conscious person under the proviso that you've had a drink as well.

Well he was just there and he hadn't had a shag in years. 

He was not sentenced to never work again, so should be allowed to work.

Footballers earn big money because they are entertainers. Any club will have to think about what recruiting him says to their audience. On the whole, the more talented the footballer, the more people are willing to forget.

Any abuse he gets from the stands is fair comment and no different to what a convicted criminal may face from the wider world upon their release.

We will all have our own scale of moral outrage. I would never have paid to see a game in which Lee Hughes was playing in for instance.

He was not sentenced to never work again, so should be allowed to work.

Footballers earn big money because they are entertainers. Any club will have to think about what recruiting him says to their audience. On the whole, the more talented the footballer, the more people are willing to forget.

Any abuse he gets from the stands is fair comment and no different to what a convicted criminal may face from the wider world upon their release.

We will all have our own scale of moral outrage. I would never have paid to see a game in which Lee Hughes was playing in for instance.

What about Kolo Toure causing ebola? You pay to see him play. He has 4000+ on his black list. Hypocritical mate.

(Thats how a blue would respond)

• Upvote 1

Not in any way condoning his crime and as I wasnt on the jury, dont know if I'd have found him guilty or not.

He got sent down and he's served his time. I dont go with this hysteria that he shouldnt be allowed to play professional football ever again and must lead the life of some sort of hermit.

There will 100% be blokes on here who have shagged a bird more intoxicated than them. Using this fact as an advantage to get their end away. Are they rapists?

Just a thought.

It depends if they have they let themselves into the hotel room where another one of their mates is shagging her and decided to have a go themselves. With some other mates trying to film it.

There are plenty of Brits abroad that don't stand out. The few that get drunk and do stupid things do, though. And the media coverage follows them. By making TV programs out of it and such lark.

No, Tom, it's every single British person that has ever left the country. That's what I meant. Fuck sake.

Come on, MT, it's not some media led conspiracy (although it is quite funny that you're insinuating as much), demonising Brits. More than any other nationality, bar possibly the Americans, many Brits do the absolute least to try and learn the language (even if it's just a few words), adapt to cultural differences, etc, when abroad.

No, Tom, it's every single British person that has ever left the country. That's what I meant. Fuck sake.

Come on, MT, it's not some media led conspiracy (although it is quite funny that you're insinuating as much), demonising Brits. More than any other nationality, bar possibly the Americans, many Brits do the absolute least to try and learn the language (even if it's just a few words), adapt to cultural differences, etc, when abroad.

What are you basing your assertions on if you are not going from what you have learned through the media? Personal experience? If so, where?

As far as insularity is concerned, I don't think the English even register on a worldwide insularity scale. Spanish are by far the worst in my experience. Aside from very few seem to travel, they stick to each other like glue when they do. NZers, Aussies and Saffers all have their own little enclaves in London also. I could go on, of course. The English are everywhere. A lot of friends have married English folk and moved back to NZ where they live far from an insular existence, as an example.

Ultimately this is all subjective, of course, and I can't argue with your experience. But I am interested to hear of it, though.

And I don't think the media are demonising Brits at all. They are merely not portraying the whole picture. I mean what's interesting about my mate's wife going about her daily life in NZ, when you have some girl willing to bare her tits to all and sundry on TV from some bar in Magaluf.