You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (H) Match Thread

Red Banjo

(a) allowing the team to sit back

(b ) replacing one target man with a slower, worse target man, thus exacerbating (a)

© possibly selecting Markovic instead of Coutinho (debatable)

The rest of it is on the players.

Like I said he's not perfect, and there's always things that could've been done better, just think that was a badly unlucky goal to concede.

That's a real kick in the teeth, but i'm not going to start slagging off the players, we deserved to win today, they all put in a shift, even Balotelli. There's something wrong with the luck of this club, we're cursed or something, Jagielka scoring a worldie two minutes into injury time, i wouldn't believe it, only against us. Either way it's pissed me right off, thanks Phil.

Would have taken him instead of Lambert - again,what was his purpose if we were going to concede 2/3 of the pitch and not try to win the fucking ball in our own end.

Another failure to close out a game, a derby match - the biggest game of the year to me, at least. I think Rodgers is a poor game coach, really. Another defender would not have hurt, even Lucas was preferable to Lambert in that situation.

prob would have lost with toure on

That's a real kick in the teeth, but i'm not going to start slagging off the players, we deserved to win today, they all put in a shift, even Balotelli. There's something wrong with the luck of this club, we're cursed or something, Jagielka scoring a worldie two minutes into injury time, only against us...either way it's pissed me right off, thanks Phil.

He will have never or ever will again hit a ball like that, even in training.

I said to my mate just seems like we're cursed. Something needs to go for us and soon.

That's a real kick in the teeth, but i'm not going to start slagging off the players, we deserved to win today, they all put in a shift, even Balotelli. There's something wrong with the luck of this club, we're cursed or something, Jagielka scoring a worldie two minutes into injury time, only against us...either way it's pissed me right off, thanks Phil.

He will have never or ever will again hit a ball like that, even in training.

I said to my mate just seems like we're cursed. Something needs to go for us and soon.

It was unlucky AND stupid.

Maybe, just think the stick Rodgers is getting is over the top. Am just going to leave it anyway, it's starting to sink in a bit more how much of a gutter this is and can't be doing with arguments, etc. Was just in shock for about 10 mins after the goal, it didn't really register for a while.

It was fair to give Rodgers a lot of leeway last season, not just because of our performances towards the end of the season, but because he'd not really been in the position to build his own side from the ground up, but it has to be said he really hasn't impressed with signings so far. If they were all £3 shoestring budget buys who may or may not come good then fair enough, but we've spent huge amounts of money and we should be playing and doing better than last season, not worse. I hope this isn't gonna be Kenny Dalglish transfer window MK II, I really do.

Markovic does not.

Balotelli does not.

Lallana does not.

You fucking tit.

Look at 42 seconds here for Markovic, he can be amazingly fast. (or at least he was amazingly fast, not sure what's happened.) For some reason we've not seen it, maybe we will as time passes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LbutoeEghI

Of course you can highlight Rodgers we effectively played with 10 men until Lazar went off. We weren't wrecked either (apart from Raheem) we just do as we normally do and sit back and wait for the inevitable. Mario should have stayed on as well.

Who knew Markovic would play so poorly in this game? He probably thought his pace would terrorise whoever that was at RB.

Only thing was why Lambert came on for Balo at the 87th minute.

It was a good strike, and I don't think there was anything inevitable about us conceding there. 

But until we have a starting eleven that picks itself we'll look disjointed and be perched precariously on 1-0 leads. The ideal scenario is to be spoiled with choice, well right now we're just gambling and hoping players find form. Ideally we'd have slotted one in here and there and acclimatise them to the league. Instead we're having to throw players in at the deep end, and with Rodgers struggling to work out how to evolve the side it's starting to show.

My worry is that we'll go into the kind of tailspin like we did in Kenny's last months. Where confidence was shot, a good half where we didn't score was always followed by a poor one where we conceded, and ultimately the players started looking lost.

• Upvote 2

Who knew Markovic would play so poorly in this game? He probably thought his pace would terrorise whoever that was at RB.

Only thing was why Lambert came on for Balo at the 87th minute.

Everyone that watched the midweek game.  He clearly needs more work behind the scenes especially before being thrown in at the deep end with a derby game.  It's not as if we don't have other players.