You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alberto Moreno

WhiskeyJar

Not being sarcastic there or anything.  Not many of the good attacking full backs are great defenders.  All of the top sides get away with them cause they've two good centre backs and a goalie, I don't remember the last time I can say that at all about Liverpool.

The fucking jury is still out on Matip and that's the only question mark, the rest smell bad.

Not being sarcastic there or anything. Not many of the good attacking full backs are great defenders. All of the top sides get away with them cause they've two good centre backs and a goalie, I don't remember the last time I can say that at all about Liverpool.

The fucking jury is still out on Matip and that's the only question mark, the rest smell bad.

If the jury is still out after almost two years then it’s fair to conclude that he isn’t very good. We need two new centre halfs.

It's fair to conclude Lovren and Mignolet are clowns, every centre back in the world would fail beside those two.

With all due respect, blaming other players for a players performance is a real fan boy behaviour I’m afraid. Also I could spot that Maguire was a good centre half in a woeful Hull team last season for example... Hyypia still looked good alongside Igor fucking Biscan.

It's obvious that Matip can play, but he has been poor this season; the jury is certainly out.

He looks a decent footballer but his ability to defend has been found wanting time and again I think. Even against Maribor the other night, League 1 equivalents perhaps? A couple of times their players glided past Matip like he wasn’t even there. Neither Lovren nor Karius was playing either.

He looks a decent footballer but his ability to defend has been found wanting time and again I think. Even against Maribor the other night, League 1 equivalents perhaps? A couple of times their players glided past Matip like he wasn’t even there. Neither Lovren nor Karius was playing either.

Matip's poor performance the other night was down to complacency and I also believe he's played every game this season,is that true? If so fatigue could be a factor especially as yoi don't get much of a break in our back line.

Not being sarcastic there or anything. Not many of the good attacking full backs are great defenders. All of the top sides get away with them cause they've two good centre backs and a goalie, I don't remember the last time I can say that at all about Liverpool.

Neither was I actually. If you have a good keeper, solid centrebacks and at least one midfielder that is competent defensively, then you can have attacking full backs that possible aren't great positionally, have the odd lapse of concentration, etc. We don't have any of those things though, sadly.

He has played pretty well this season though, and I don't mind what I've seen on Robertson. Moreno would have to sustain this sort of form for the whole season though to eradicate the impression he gave for the previous few years. He was fucking atrocious.

• Upvote 1

Moreno has played well as a winger this season but right now a solid left back seems a more of a priority,  He is still a million miles away from fitting that bill and I would like to see more of Robertson until we get central defenders that aren't clueless fuckwits. 

With all due respect, blaming other players for a players performance is a real fan boy behaviour I’m afraid. Also I could spot that Maguire was a good centre half in a woeful Hull team last season for example... Hyypia still looked good alongside Igor fucking Biscan.

Yes, you are well know for your keen eye for a player.