You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alberto Moreno

WhiskeyJar

Jurgen Klopp says he has never witnessed a turnaround in form as impressive as Alberto Moreno.

The Liverpool defender has regained his spot as Klopp's first-choice left-back this season, having made only two Premier League starts last term.

The 25-year-old Spaniard, who became a father for the second time in the early hours of last Saturday morning, continued his good form as Klopp's side beat Southampton 3-0 at Anfield later that afternoon

And Klopp told the club's website: "I never had something like this. I never had it to be honest.

"This season is not a surprise, the surprise is how (he) dealt with last season. There was not one bad word in the whole season.

"Yes, he was in my office. Yes, he asked what he could do better, and we spoke about the things he had to do better.

"On the other hand, Milly (James Milner) played really well and he's a machine. He could play every two days, so there was not a lot of reasons to make the change then - he had no rhythm

"I felt that it was unfair after the season. I thought 'damn, we didn't use him often enough'.

"Before the season, he came to my office and asked again, and I told him we (would) get another full-back, but it was not the plan for Milly to be in the full-back race again, so you decide what happens - and he decided it.

"How he reacted on last year is really, really good. He's now a much better defender. That's how it is; he's a brilliant footballer.

"When you see him shooting here, you think he cannot shoot - he shoots like crazy. It's unbelievable how good he is. In the games so far, obviously, it didn't settle

Hindsight but I wouldn’t have picked him. He was shite against Sevilla last time out and he still talks about them in emotional terms. He’s a blood pressure fucker when there’s no emotion, so tonight was a daft game to play him in...

Jurgen Klopp says he has never witnessed a turnaround in form as impressive as Alberto Moreno.

The Liverpool defender has regained his spot as Klopp's first-choice left-back this season, having made only two Premier League starts last term.

The 25-year-old Spaniard, who became a father for the second time in the early hours of last Saturday morning, continued his good form as Klopp's side beat Southampton 3-0 at Anfield later that afternoon

And Klopp told the club's website: "I never had something like this. I never had it to be honest.

"This season is not a surprise, the surprise is how (he) dealt with last season. There was not one bad word in the whole season.

"Yes, he was in my office. Yes, he asked what he could do better, and we spoke about the things he had to do better.

"On the other hand, Milly (James Milner) played really well and he's a machine. He could play every two days, so there was not a lot of reasons to make the change then - he had no rhythm

"I felt that it was unfair after the season. I thought 'damn, we didn't use him often enough'.

"Before the season, he came to my office and asked again, and I told him we (would) get another full-back, but it was not the plan for Milly to be in the full-back race again, so you decide what happens - and he decided it.

"How he reacted on last year is really, really good. He's now a much better defender. That's how it is; he's a brilliant footballer.

"When you see him shooting here, you think he cannot shoot - he shoots like crazy. It's unbelievable how good he is. In the games so far, obviously, it didn't settle

giphy.gif

• Upvote 5

He'll still be first choice cause he's proved to be the best left back at the club, after Robertson, Milner, Gomez and Flanagan.

Yea that's just nonsense. Flanegan doesnt even resemble a professional footballer these days for a start. Milner was atroicious most of last season and Moreno has had a better season than Gomez so far.

Lets be honest here, this reaction isnt based on anything we've seen this season.

Yea that's just nonsense. Flanegan doesnt even resemble a professional footballer these days for a start. Milner was atroicious most of last season and Moreno has had a better season than Gomez so far.

Lets be honest here, this reaction isnt based on anything we've seen this season.

Tonight is part of this season.

Let's not pretend that Moreno has been above the level of "mostly competent" this season. Robertson has been better than Moreno each time he started.

Milner was far from "atrocious" last season and fully deserved to start. Gomez was far better than Moreno in the few games he played at left back before his injury.

Flanagan, I'll admit, is a mystery. When he used to play at left back, he was better than Moreno has been this season.

Moreno is not the best left back we have.

• Upvote 5

Tonight is part of this season.

Let's not pretend that Moreno has been above the level of "mostly competent" this season. Robertson has been better than Moreno each time he started.

Milner was far from "atrocious" last season and fully deserved to start. Gomez was far better than Moreno in the few games he played at left back before his injury.

Flanagan, I'll admit, is a mystery. When he used to play at left back, he was better than Moreno has been this season.

Moreno is not the best left back we have.

You were asleep from December on if you thought Milner was acceptable at left back.

Too late to bother adding more to it tbh. It's clear most made their minds up on Moreno and are ignoring how he's played this season. I fucking hated the sight of him prior to it so it's sort of understandable.