You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

2 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Did anybody ever finish season 3 of Westworld? I soldiered through 2 episodes before I punted my telly through the window.

I got a bit bored and could see the way it was going towards the end of season 1. Watched the first episode or two of the second season and binned it.

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

I got a bit bored and could see the way it was going towards the end of season 1. Watched the first episode or two of the second season and binned it.

Yeah, I was already bored by the end of S1, though it was okay; I watched it for completion and binned it by the end of E2. 

7 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, I was already bored by the end of S1, though it was okay; I watched it for completion and binned it by the end of E2. 

It already looked like it was just going the 'Lost' route- piling mysteries on to keep the conspiracy nuts in the fanbase occupied at the expense of the show itself.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

We restarted 24 last night. Not as slick as I remember. 

I'd never seen it so my kids got me the box set one Christmas years back.

Tried watching it, that clock thing did my fucking head in, put it way in a cupboard and still haven't seen it.

2 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

I'd never seen it so my kids for me the box set one Christmas years back.

Tried watching it, that clock thing did my fucking head in, put it way in a cupboard and still haven't seen it.

It's still boss mate. 

24 was pretty fun when it came out, but there's just too much of it and the seasons are needlessly long. It's probably not aged that well either. There's only so much they could do to one-up themselves. There's definitely good times to be had watching it though. I liked the second season. 

6 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The ending produces a similar result that the end of the first series of Westworld did,without going into more detail as I dont know how to use spoiler tags.

It's got more of a Black Mirror vibe for me. The only comparison I can make with Westworld is the consciousness aspect.

Just now, Elite said:

It's got more of a Black Mirror vibe for me. The only comparison I can make with Westworld is the consciousness aspect.

'Lunatics taking over the asylum' possibly,is how I saw it. Gives many options to expand the plot lines. There is another possibility that I can think of,similar to Westworld,which I don't want to reveal just yet as it could be considered a spoiler. Not about the plot now,but a possible development.

5 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

'Lunatics taking over the asylum' possibly,is how I saw it. Gives many options to expand the plot lines. There is another possibility that I can think of,similar to Westworld,which I don't want to reveal just yet as it could be considered a spoiler. Not about the plot now,but a possible development.

I'm just hoping it doesn't end up a complicated mess after such a strong first season. Hopefully the whole arc is already written and they don't deviate from it to pad it out.

Raised By Wolves.

Only managed to get through the first three episodes, but fucking hell it was crap. Just lazy, uninspiring, trope-laden sci-fi from a washed up Ridley Scott who looks like he doesn't give a shit anymore. One of the worst HBO shows ever.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Chris said:

Raised By Wolves.

Only managed to get through the first three episodes, but fucking hell it was crap. Just lazy, uninspiring, trope-laden sci-fi from a washed up Ridley Scott who looks like he doesn't give a shit anymore. One of the worst HBO shows ever.

You say Ridley Scott is washed up and I agree, he hasn't made anything of note since Alien and I'd include Bladerunner in that.

• Downvote 1