You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Just watched episode 4 of Slow Horses (Apple TV), really impressed. Sticks very closely to the Mick Herron novel. When they first started filming an eon ago I wasn't sure I could see Gary Oldman as Jackson Lamb but he, and the rest of the cast, are excellent. My only complaint is having to wait a week between episodes. Lots of tension but most of Herrons humour shines through.

9/10.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Just watched episode 4 of Slow Horses (Apple TV), really impressed. Sticks very closely to the Mick Herron novel. When they first started filming an eon ago I wasn't sure I could see Gary Oldman as Jackson Lamb but he, and the rest of the cast, are excellent. My only complaint is having to wait a week between episodes. Lots of tension but most of Herrons humour shines through.

9/10.

I've never heard of the books but that looks quite interesting. Almost like a bit of a Peculiar Crimes Unit vibe, but without the more supernatural/weirdness and old world feel of the Bryant and May books?

Started watching Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Thought the first season was very hit and miss and didn’t really understand all the fuss about it. Then Danny DeVito joined the cast and it went up 100%.   Up to season 6, episode 7.

26 minutes ago, Pete said:

Started watching Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Thought the first season was very hit and miss and didn’t really understand all the fuss about it. Then Danny DeVito joined the cast and it went up 100%.   Up to season 6, episode 7.

I struggled with the first season when I attempted it originally, then eventually watched it from season 2 onwards. 

I found that going back for a rewatch after getting used to the characters that season 1 wasn't all that bad. But on it's own as a first taste it's pretty poor.

Overall I think it's past it's peak but it still has it moments

It got better season by season from season 2 on and off the top of my head I think around season 8 to season 11 it really peaked.

Yep, I thought that @Sugar Ape had finally made a mistake recommending me Sunny. I hated the first season, I just didn't get it. But nope, he was annoyingly right, season 2 kicked in and from there I just thought it was amazing. Some stuff is so laugh out loud hilarious that I end up getting lost in youtube clips of it sometimes. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 13/04/2022 at 12:42, Barrington Womble said:

I kind of like it in a "what the fuck is going on here" way, but I'm 5 episodes along and I haven't managed to complete one without falling asleep. It is very slow and 5 episodes in I'm thinking can we just get to the fucking point of it all. 

Yeah, I thought that too, although I fucked Westworld off at the end of season 1 - massive style over substance TV. 

It's funny how your mind plays tricks with you. In my head he died in the 90s and all this came out shortly after, I was shocked to see just how recent it all was.

The point you make about everyone must have known, Saville kind of makes himself when he says you get to a certain place in society and you get a freedom from the rules that doesn't apply to anyone else - this is the thing, he realised they're all at it, maybe not all kiddie fiddling, but up to no good and think they're above the law - while he was playing with under aged girls, SYP were helping cover up Hillsborough, just because they could.

We've seen it just in the government corruption and No. 10 parties through lockdown and with the whole prince Andrew thing. In all these cases it's not just they've done what they've done, but it's the "well I don't need to abide by the rules" attitude. The sad thing is we have a country full of modern day serfs who are just happy to doff their caps and let their betters do as they wish. The public is as much to blame here because they really don't want to have to hold these high profile people to account, so they continue to behave as they do as they believe they're completely unaccountable. 

I'm glad somebody understood the Westworld vibe that I think Severance has.

3 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

9/10.

I'm really enjoying this and going to watch the latest episode of this and Snowfall tonight

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Just finished Snowfall season 5 and it was fantastic, beginning to end.

Top notch acting and writing and a definite paradigm shift which should really freshen up future seasons.

Expecting a bloodbath next year and I can't wait.

9/10

Need to watch it myself. Class show 

Started to watch Alone, the reality show about 10 survival experts and who can last the longest. It's great, some of them don't last long but I'm not surprised considering there's bears and cougars circling their makeshift tents at night time.

I'm only on season 1 and there's 8 seasons. I assume all different environments. Proper easy viewing and entertaining.

12 hours ago, Pete said:

Yeah, I was late to this too but from Season 2, Episode 1 onwards it’s one of the few shows that have genuinely made me roll around on the couch laughing. 

From S1. 7/10. Horror/potential SciFi that’s a bit of a mash up of Lost, The Village, and the village of ghouls segment of 80s horror anthology film, The Monster Club. It’s been pretty decent but has left you with far more questions than answers. Hopefully it’ll be renewed for a second series, but I think it needs to start giving a bit more about the mythology.

• Upvote 2

Outer Range. (Amazon)

Been waiting for this to be released and then the twats are drip feeding the episodes by only releasing the first two yesterday.

This starts of slow but gets more interesting as it builds up and with a good cast and Josh Brolin looking more like his dad as he gets older. I'd say this is a cross between Yellowstone with a bit of Lost/Fringe chucked in.

8/10 - promising so far.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Outer Range. (Amazon)

Been waiting for this to be released and then the twats are drip feeding the episodes by only releasing the first two yesterday.

This starts of slow but gets more interesting as it builds up and with a good cast and Josh Brolin looking more like his dad as he gets older. I'd say this is a cross between Yellowstone with a bit of Lost/Fringe chucked in.

8/10 - promising so far.

Just watched the first 2 episodes, a reasonable start, intriguing but flawed.

The central mystery is very beguiling but the acting is pretty terrible.

6/10