You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Bit of a mad confession this, but i finally decided to start watching Fawlty Towers last night. 

I've only ever watched the odd episode as a kid and wasn't fussed. My auld fella used to get absolutely hysterical over it, i found it all a bit much, so i've kind of avoided it ever since. It always just seemed like Cleese just shouting and doing silly walks.

Given it's critical lauding and the fact that i watched the documentary on it the other night, i felt the time was ripe for a re-appraisal. Watched the first episode last night, the one with the fake Lord in it.  I have to say it was very, very good. The timing is impeccable, Cleese on the verge of a breakdown every time and his interactions with the main cast are excellent. I'll report back when i've watched the lot. So far, so good.

• Upvote 1

Last night's People Just Do Nothing was amongst  the best episodes yet. 

"What is your Nan called Steve?

"Nan"

"No, i mean what's her name, what does everybody else call her?"

"Steve's Nan"

9c811a8a-9134-42b1-a907-9fedf626e63f-206

I can feeling my curiosity about to get the better of me with this one

What would you say your favourite UK comedy shows are?

Now, you're asking. To be honest I'm not that great at tv comedies. I don't really have that kind of sense of humour but maybe that's your answer. The Royle Family, Gavin and Stacey, Raised by Wolves

Now, you're asking. To be honest I'm not that great at tv comedies. I don't really have that kind of sense of humour but maybe that's your answer. The Royle Family, Gavin and Stacey, Raised by Wolves

Ive never heard of the last one, never fancied watching the first one. Quite like The Royle Family but PJDN isn't like that at all. The best comparison i can make is if The Office had been set in a pirate radio station in Brentford, then it would be like this.

• Upvote 1

In the middle of Narcos Series 2 - just had episode 4 with Limon the driver - fucking brilliant episode.

Narcos is right up there

What an episode that was. 

Finished episode 5 last night too and that was fantastic. Absolutely made up that the quality from the first season hasn't dipped, if anything it's gone shooting up. Brilliant show.

What an episode that was.

Finished episode 5 last night too and that was fantastic. Absolutely made up that the quality from the first season hasn't dipped, if anything it's gone shooting up. Brilliant show.

Im quite surprised people are finding it so good tbh. Escobar's reign should have been covered in one series and season 2 should be post Escobar. Instead this is set for Series 3 and 4.

Im quite surprised people are finding it so good tbh. Escobar's reign should have been covered in one series and season 2 should be post Escobar. Instead this is set for Series 3 and 4.

Have you seen season 2? In all honesty after watching it, I wish they'd made season 1 less than the 20 years or whatever it was, so the story could have lasted longer. Season two was brilliant I thought and better than season 1. I'm just gutted the escobar story is over.

Just watched the first two episodes of the jinx. Dead good, this.

Dramatised documentary about Robert Durst, and it's a bit like the early making a murderers where you keep changing your mind about did he / didn't he but knowing there's something massively not right about him.

About to watch episode 3 of 6.

• Upvote 1