You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

It's obvious that he works as hard as Milner to keep in top shape, he wants to play every minute of every match, and presumably he wants to win every piece of silverware available.

Why would he go to SA next summer and play the rest of his career at half speed with nothing meaningful to compete for?

Is money enough?

43 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

Why would he go to SA next summer and play the rest of his career at half speed with nothing meaningful to compete for?

Is money enough?

No. Money is not enough. He wouldn’t go to China (as an example) if offered the same money.

So what does Saudi offer that China doesn’t?

1. The arabic culture that his family would feel more at home in.

2. Mecca. By the way his daughter is called Mecca, after the city.

3. A football league on its way to becoming one of the top 10 in the world if not higher.

4. Great career opportunities post-retirement.

• Downvote 3

13 minutes ago, Jurgen Knows said:

No. Money is not enough. He wouldn’t go to China (as an example) if offered the same money.

3. A football league on its way to becoming one of the top 10 in the world if not higher.

Nurse, the screens.

Sportswashing dildo.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

#1: Who knows? I suppose you'd have to ask them.

I do. But I’ll ask them when I see them.

#2: He can fly to Mecca at any time from anywhere in the world.

But he can’t do Omra there in between training sessions.

#3: Still a nothing league with nothing to play for relative to the Prem/CL.

We’re comparing to China, remember?

#4: They will be there whether he plays in SA or not.

Not at the same scale no.

#1: If you know, congratulations. You should set up a psychic hotline.

#2: Could be.

#3: I'm not comaring anything to China. I'm asking why Salah would go to SA next summer rather than staying in the Prem, or elsewhere in Europe, to compete in a top league and the CL, given he's one of the best players in the world.

#4: Could be. But he'll be minted in either case.

27 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

#1: If you know, congratulations. You should set up a psychic hotline.

I know. We read from the same book.

#2: Could be.

#3: I'm not comaring anything to China. I'm asking why Salah would go to SA next summer rather than staying in the Prem, or elsewhere in Europe, to compete in a top league and the CL, given he's one of the best players in the world.

You asked if money was enough of a reason to move to Saudi Arabia. I responded that I think he wouldn’t move just for the money, gave China as an example of a destination I think he’d refuse if offered the same money, then listed other factors that would make him consider Saudi but not China. 

#4: Could be. But he'll be minted in either case.

He’s minted already.

5 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

League One, La Segunda, Serie B... 

Good shouts there, I had the Championship too low so have bumped that up:

Premier League

La Liga

Bundesliga

Serie A

Ligue 1

Primeira Liga

The Championship

Eredivisie

Argentine Primera

SPL

Russian Premier

Liga MX

MLS

Austrian Bundesliga

Super Lig

Brasiliero Serie A

J1

League One

La Segunda

Serie B

2 hours ago, Jurgen Knows said:

IMG_3636.jpeg

35 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

IMG_3636.jpeg

Lots of Muslims buy Xmas trees and decorations. It is a commercial practice.

But not many Muslims would feel comfortable with their children being taught at school that they can identify as a tree if they want to … this is where Saudi becomes more of a natural home to us.

4 hours ago, Jurgen Knows said:

https://www.globalfootballrankings.com/

Not even top 30, behind the likes of England's third division and is almost universally regarded as a gilded retirement home for has-beens... but yes, it's well on its way to being top 10 hahaha 

17 minutes ago, Em City said:

Not even top 30, behind the likes of England's third division and is almost universally regarded as a gilded retirement home for has-beens... but yes, it's well on its way to being top 10 hahaha 

Ooof, the USL, forgot about them. Gotta update my list.

Blanked all the Scando leagues too.

5 hours ago, Em City said:

No data available for Saudi on that website.

Let’s talk when your source catches up and updates its data.

6 hours ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Players like him, Ronaldo, Messi are different breed. Not just due to the sheer skill but the fitness level that allows them to be available for every game. It's priceless and that is why we will be mad to sell him regardless of the price. He can easily play for us for another 3 years atleast. 

Well he can only play for us for another 3 years if we offer him a contract to do so. I don't think anyone disputes he's still got it in him physically. It's a question of if both he has the desire to stay here after having his head turned and if FSG fancy offering him another contract on the types of salary he's on now. My guess is the latter won't be on the table any time soon. And that leaves the door open to other suitors this summer. 

11 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

It's obvious that he works as hard as Milner to keep in top shape, he wants to play every minute of every match, and presumably he wants to win every piece of silverware available.

Is money enough?

The thing is, aside from this season's uefa cup, he has won every piece of silverware on offer to him here. Saudi only offers money to the likes of Henderson, but there is more to it for Salah..aside from he'd be the highest earning footballer in the world, he would be worshipped I think in a way it would be difficult for the rest of us to understand, with of course a chance.to live and raise a family in the muslim world..so the question is if he wants that (which by the way he might not!). I just don't think this is just a simple money play, but it'll undoubtedly play a part. I think it's always important to remember these lads are just young men with young families. All kinds of stuff comes into it. 

I would love for him to stay beyond his current contract. Sadly I just don't see a situation where it'll happen. But then I never thought we'd pay him £350k per week