You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you be happy with 4th place? (as of January 2014)

WhiskeyJar

Final League position  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy with 4th?

• Yes, we should be higher but I would be happy with that.
    • No, anything less than first and I am disappointed.

Would take 4th in a second especially if Suarez stays with Champs League, but can see the worst case scenario pan out. United, knowing they can't win the PL and probably won't finish top 4 throw everything they have in the Champions League and actually win. I'd be crushed

I'd take 4th but, I don't see why we cant aim higher. If we can stay there or there abouts by time by time the CL starts up again and maybe bring in one or two quality additions in January I don't see why we can't finish 3rd at the very least. We wont have the added distraction of CL games like our rivals and Arsenal have got an absolutely horrendous set of fixtures in February and March starting with a trip to Anfield. So it can be done.

Tough one. 2 months ago it would have been a swift yes thanks but we have the easiest run-in and are better than i thought we were. We have a genuine chance at the title I reckon. The flip-side is, not finishing in the top 4 widens the gab between us and those that do 

Yes. 

I'd love to win the league, but I think City are likely to get further away from us then us reeling them in.

I think anyone who wouldn't be happy at the end of the season with 4th is living in a fantasy world. I'd be very surprised if Utd won the CL and they're the only ones of the English clubs who could finish outside the top 4, so I think 4th should be fine for CL football the following year. (Yes, we'd have to qualify, blah blah). With the squad we have, and the defensive issues, I think finishing where we are now would be brilliant.

In the last 10 years of the Premier League the title has only been won once by a team losing 6 games. It's not been won by a team losing more than 6 games.

So based historically you'd think we would have to go unbeaten till the end of the season to win the league.

If you look at the teams that have less than 5 losses they are City (4) Chelsea (3) Arsenal (3) and Everton (2). The winner of the league will come from that lot and it won't be the shite!

Top 4 is the best we can hope for imo, looking at our team depth compared to the other top teams. I'd love it if we were on top come May of course, but when looking at the competition, clubs spending much more money than us, having the double amount of 1st team players than we got, it's really hard to see us on top at the end of the season.

Top 4 enables us to rank in the £, and equally important, yet again make us interesting for the top top players out there that needs to play in CL.