You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Phone App Ideas

Bjornebye

I've signed up to a free 3 month course with Reading University to learn how to build phone apps. Not that i'm thinking of a career change or anything, it's just something free to do and learn something new

Been wondering what apps haven't been done yet. For some unknown reason I keep going down the 'Pub Guide' route in that you have an app that will let you know say the 10 nearest ale-houses, if they have sky, maybe even a 'fit barmaid' rating just to make it a bit more slapstick..... Probably been done but I can't find anything 

Anyone else ever thought of any or going to come up with some? If I finish the course and use one and it ends up being a success , i'll cut you in any profits.... 

EDIT: Not that it ever will 

iPaedo - Let's users tag nonces anywhere in the country. Dodgy looking bloke just moved in down the road? Tag him on iPedo so others are aware of his noncey presence. Thinking of moving to another city? Best jump on iPedo first and check just how many are living in your area. 

• Upvote 2

I'm sure there'll already something like this, but say you meet some lass and she says she's into Abraham Polonsky films and you've know clue who the fucker is, you just type his name into this app and it's gives you a bit of info about what he did. 

So you're like.. 'Abraham Polonsky hmm wait a minute *quick glance at phone* didn't he do Body and Soul?' She's obviously well impressed now and you're probably gonna get yourself sucked off later. All thanks to the app. Basically a bit like wikipedia without the walls of text. 

If there's already something like this (Which I'm sure there is) please let me know. 

I'm sure there'll already something like this, but say you meet some lass and she says she's into Abraham Polonsky films and you've know clue who the fucker is, you just type his name into this app and it's gives you a bit of info about what he did. 

So you're like.. 'Abraham Polonsky hmm wait a minute *quick glance at phone* didn't he do Body and Soul?' She's obviously well impressed now and you're probably gonna get yourself sucked off later. All thanks to the app. Basically a bit like wikipedia without the walls of text. 

If there's already something like this (Which I'm sure there is) please let me know. 

Google

I mean daft little facts you can read in a glance. Call it 'Let me wiki that for ya' plus it's an app, fools will buy anything.

Get Danny Dyer to market it for you. 'No self respecting geezer 'as time fer this google palaver so get on the app and get it done faster than the slags down Kings cross' 

• Upvote 2

I've signed up to a free 3 month course with Reading University to learn how to build phone apps. Not that i'm thinking of a career change or anything, it's just something free to do and learn something new

Been wondering what apps haven't been done yet. For some unknown reason I keep going down the 'Pub Guide' route in that you have an app that will let you know say the 10 nearest ale-houses, if they have sky, maybe even a 'fit barmaid' rating just to make it a bit more slapstick..... Probably been done but I can't find anything 

Anyone else ever thought of any or going to come up with some? If I finish the course and use one and it ends up being a success , i'll cut you in any profits.... 

EDIT: Not that it ever will

The pub guide thing has been done. They failed but wrote a really good case study on everything they did wrong.

I can't remember the details, but if you decide to pursue, let me know and I'll see if I can dig it out.

gizoogle.net