You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

Poor mobile internet speeds and slow take up of useful technology.

When we were in the middle of Lapland over new year, there was ubiquitous 4G coverage and the smallest village shop or local taxi had contactless payment. Step outside a major UK city, often not even as far as that, and it's abysmal.

Can only Echo the earlier sentiments regarding any absolute cunt who uses the term man Flu, spawned by women who somehow in the most ironic turn of events ever have managed to create a completely preposterous image of men being more dramatic than women, yeah ok.

It's the accusations of manflu I hate.  Heaven forbid a man sneeze, or complain about feeling unwell in front of women "Oo man flu he's got manflu Sharon" "manflu is it? Oh they always think they have it worse" "oo Karen Paulie has manflu, I'd just call it a cold" "man flu man flu man flu man flu"

FUCK OFF 

• Upvote 3

Can only Echo the earlier sentiments regarding any absolute cunt who uses the term man Flu, spawned by women who somehow in the most ironic turn of events ever have managed to create a completely preposterous image of men being more dramatic than women, yeah ok.

If a woman has a cold she spends days in bed and can't do anything with her kids, using the blag excuse of being scared of passing germs onto them. Yet men just get on with it.

• Upvote 1

It's the accusations of manflu I hate.  Heaven forbid a man sneeze, or complain about feeling unwell in front of women "Oo man flu he's got manflu Sharon" "manflu is it? Oh they always think they have it worse" "oo Karen Paulie has manflu, I'd just call it a cold" "man flu man flu man flu man flu"

FUCK OFF 

I hope Sharon and Karen are seated next to an open window they can't reach in the office.

You can't beat a catholic club for the entertainment some shite on them but always worth a laugh,they used to be this arl fella get up every week and sung the theme from Rawhide as he sung it he'd twat himself on the head with a beer tray,it was quality.

I used to work behind the bar at the club for Sacred Heart when I was a student about 20+ years ago.

This was before ‘stock taking’ and we were given 4 pints on top of our hourly rate - before minimum wage.

On more than one occasion I locked up on a Saturday night, after a lock in for the parish priest to keep him happy, then went clubbing and brought a few mates back after as I kept the keys and did the Sunday evening shift too.

I used to work behind the bar at the club for Sacred Heart when I was a student about 20+ years ago.

This was before ‘stock taking’ and we were given 4 pints on top of our hourly rate - before minimum wage.

On more than one occasion I locked up on a Saturday night, after a lock in for the parish priest to keep him happy, then went clubbing and brought a few mates back after as I kept the keys and did the Sunday evening shift too.

They where really popular years ago mate dying off now,my Mam and Dad drank in them and when your young it was sound to go and get bevvy when you where 16 and no one would ask your age,some of the characters still come to mind now,as for the priest he loved a pint and a game of cards in the one we went too.

• Upvote 1

They where really popular years ago mate dying off now,my Mam and Dad drank in them and when your young it was sound to go and get bevvy when you where 16 and no one would ask your age,some of the characters still come to mind now,as for the priest he loved a pint and a game of cards in the one we went too.

https://www.newmanhall-bristol.co.uk

I used to love working there, Tuesday evening shift was the Catholic Players.

Open at 7, pour about 2 sherry’s, 6 G&T’s and sit on my arse drinking watching telly when they went upstairs until 10 when you’d do the same again.

Occasionally we’d get some small weddings have their do there, they were fucking awesome. Better than tinder!

Was at a Christening about 20 years ago in St Cecilias Club in Tuebrook and this old fella kept getting up Billy or Jimmy " Sinatra " pinky ring, initialled go,d chain over the tie, you get the scene. He was fucking awful but obviously thought he was great, all the old dolls loving it, " Oh my god that was fantastic, should have been a professional "

I had to go outside I was laughing so much.

Brother in Law used to sing in the clubs & I used to go with him occasionally & saw some of the funniest things and people ever , Phoenix Nights actually played things down from what I could see.

Once got followed into the toilets by 2 brawny St Helens lads with gay-bashing on their mind after he had mentioned me as his 'friend' from the stage rather than brother in law. Luckily managed to quick talk them out of giving me a kicking and they actually sent me a pint over !!

I made the mistake of telling him that 'Simply the Best' was the song I hated most in the world & he insisted on singing it & dedicating it to me every time I went to see him.

Good beer prices though & the people were all out for a good time, even the ones wanting to batter me.

Open at 7, pour about 2 sherry’s, 6 G&T’s and sit on my arse drinking watching telly when they went upstairs until 10 when you’d do the same again.

Occasionally we’d get some small weddings have their do there, they were fucking awesome. Better than tinder!

That sounds like my sort of job,also mate the ale was cheap in the clubs as well.

Only pint over £1.80 was Guinness and we had to charge the parish priest £1.80 for Guinness.

2 lagers £9 in the ale house Saturday,£9 I could have had a load of ale a steak pie in the club at the time,what makes me laugh it's the same shite were drinking but it just gets more expensive,they've got us by the bollocks mate.

The term "hipster" and the fact that it's considered to be a contemporary subculture. Anyone would think these dicks were the first people to have beards, drink real ale and gin and wear ripped jeans. They're not doing anything new, they're reinventing the wheel.

Aye, boring cunts have been around for decades.

My mother in law always starts dancing when I put music on in the house, she's sober as well.

Does my fucking head in.

I'm going to start putting prog rock on with really weird time signatures. Let's see you dancing to that.

• Upvote 1

If a woman has a cold she spends days in bed and can't do anything with her kids, using the blag excuse of being scared of passing germs onto them. Yet men just get on with it.

To be fair, my Mrs has had a grim chest infection for the last four weeks and she still runs around like a maniac after me and the kids.  I was sick on Saturday night after watching the boxing and drinking vodka and i have been an absolute write off ever since.  

• Upvote 1

People that eat stinking food on the train. Fella opposite on the table seat had a burrito, and even though it’s been long finished the empty wrapper in tye brown paper bag fucking reeks.

Nothing I love more than kicking fuck out a whopper with cheese meal on the train on the way back from dat der London. I see the icy glares. I can sense the vitriol towards me. I can tell people are disgusted. But i don't care. I sit with a big smile on my face and eat my burger and chips and wash it down with an icy coke and inside I laugh, like a crazy man who cares not for what people think.

• Upvote 1

The disgusting twat then proceeded to swill his water around in his mouth in a way I’ve never imagined a human might in public, and is now asleep with his gob open.

He eventually threw the burrito packaging away when he went for a piss and I can still smell it lingering in the air

• Upvote 1

Nothing I love more than kicking fuck out a whopper with cheese meal on the train on the way back from dat der London. I see the icy glares. I can sense the vitriol towards me. I can tell people are disgusted. But i don't care. I sit with a big smile on my face and eat my burger and chips and wash it down with an icy coke and inside I laugh, like a crazy man who cares not for what people think.

Battered haggis covered in salt and vinegar from the Lobster Pot, eaten on the bus home gets you plenty of dirty looks. It does fucking stink to be fair but...

78291_67387.jpg

... it just tastes so good.

• Upvote 1

The disgusting twat then proceeded to swill his water around in his mouth in a way I’ve never imagined a human might in public, and is now asleep with his gob open.

He eventually threw the burrito packaging away when he went for a piss and I can still smell it lingering in the air

That was the fart he left trailing in his wake for your delectation when he went to expunge himself fully of the refried beans.