You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sunderland vs Liverpool 29/09/13

Ezekiel 25:17

All our rivals (hopefully including arsenal) drop points.

Will it be same old liverpool tomorrow failing to capitalise or will we finally start to see a new liverpool emerge.

This league is wide open but we have to win tomorrow or the confidence will be drained.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

If Moses starts as the number 10 I'll be writing a stern letter to someone at the club.

'We the undersigned', yeah? We can get a little petition going.

All our rivals (hopefully including arsenal) drop points.

Will it be same old liverpool tomorrow failing to capitalise or will we finally start to see a new liverpool emerge.

This league is wide open but we have to win tomorrow or the confidence will be drained.

You know the answer to that already.

If allen is fit he should play and let stevie play in the hole but I dont think we ll ever see him in that off the striker (s) role under brendan.

The other thing with Allen is he keeps the ball well which is something we seem to have forgotten how to do.

Love to see mclaughlin get a go but thought Henderson did well there the other night.

What does 352 mean for sterling and ibe? Will they be brought on as forwards? Suppose we can go 343 with them wide in front 3

I'd go:

-------------------------------------Mignolet---------------------------------------------

---------------Toure----------------Skrtel----------------Sakho-----------------------

Henderson--------------Lucas--------------Gerrard-----------------------Enrique

---------------------------------------Alberto---------------------------------------------

------------------------Suarez---------------------Sturridge----------------------------

I find it fucking amazing that people keep putting stevie and Lucas together in midfield in the line ups they pick.

How many times, how many weeks, how many months, how many disappointments? Till you realise, it just does not fucking work.

I would play Gerrard behind Sturridge and Suarez, but without Allen I don't see who can partner Lucas.  Henderson clearly can, but with no Johnson and Kelly not looking close to being at his best, I think he's needed at right wing back.

Also Lucas and Gerrard worked well mid week vs United, we had much more control of that game than they did.

If we're going to be contending this season, this is must win. I'll approach with hope more than expectation.

I don't like 3-5-2 as a long term plan, so i'd go with....

Miignolet

Wisdom

Toure

Sakho

Enrique

Gerrard

Lucas

Moses

Henderson

Suarez

Sturridge

As an aside, we finished the season like a train with Henderson and Lucas as our middle 2. Strong argument for having fresh legs in the middle.

I am all for that to happen, but don't think the above is quite true - we were finishing the season like a train when Gerrard and Lucas were the midfield two as well.  Gerrard was really good in the second half of last season, although I think he'd benefit us more higher up the field and having Henderson in the engine room - as he has more of an engine.

First of all I would bench Sturridge from the start. Let Aspas have a go with Moses and Suarez. 

Can see the logic to rest Sturridge and have him as a boost off the bench (although I'd start him as we need all the goal threats we have).

However I think Aspas has been poor, I think Moses was poor vs United as well, certainly in that free central attacking midfield role, one which I don't think he is suited to play.   Think Alberto deserves a chance, as he got a hat trick for the under 21s, keeps the ball and he has been bought as a player who can spot that final pass and without Coutinho, we need that type of player andI don't think Aspas or Moses provide that.