You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I do believe I actually saw him successfully tackle somebody and provide an overlapping run.

Whatever next?

(Seriously, he is an internationally experienced full-back and a 19 year-old, 9-stone-wet winger is defending better than him.  He ought to take that as a challenge to his professional pride.)

He has played better the last few weeks.

Agreed he has been strong defensively and not as bad on the ball as made out.

People make out hes so poor but he has been involved in some of our best team performances in years.

Id take him in the summer for 4m even if we are getting another lb, Enrique cant be relied on due to injuries so hed be useful to have in the squad.

• Downvote 1

To be honest I'd rather see were Jack Robinson is at in the summer in terms of form/progression before committing £4 million (or whatever the fee is) for Cissokho. I think it's an area that'll be strengthened in the summer regardless.

Robinson will have no place in the squad next season imo, he is young and needs to keep playing week in week out to continue his development which isn't going to happen here, he'll go out on loan again or be sold.

Cissokho could be used for games against fast wingers or when we will not dominate possesion, get another attacking one and use him for games we will be on the attack, rotate them the same way city do with clichy and kolorov.

Thought he was good today, but we tore them a new arsehole for most of the game, so it's difficult to gauge..

did have a solid game defensively all the same though and put in a fair few decent tackles, he wasn't too bad in that sense at West Brom either but his passing was awful then as ever, today he didn't seem involved in our possession play too much

hope he carries on improving as he is the sort you want to like but as things stand I'd still have him out of the team the second one of Sakho/Agger/Enrique/Johnson return

You know what he gives a 100% if not more (whatever that means) and you can never ask for more than that.....

I've seen worse at our club and white far bigger reputations.

Thing is I never when he defends I think he's pretty solid its just when he receives a pass you panic, although I wish he'd have buried that one at the end it could have been the making of him.

I'm up for keeping him if only for the fact he gives everything and not every loan player does that .........

• Upvote 1

Think this needs to be said, We did not tare the appart all game they were all over us for most of it we defended brilliantly. Skrtel was out of this world and Cissokho did his job very very well and also could of had a goal fair play to the lad.

they had something like 5 or 6 attempts, 2 on target.

what were you watching?

You're either saying that for effect or seriously need a pair of glasses with actual prescription lenses in them.

Laughable.

im not talking about the goals Soon as we score the 4 goal they defended brilliantly and were unlucky to not score twice in the fist half, Then the second half started and for about 5 mins they were all over us then we scored then let our foot off the gas, and they were attacking us again. till about 10 mins from the end id say it was equal game overall minus the goals but they were the best for most of it. That dont mean were wern't brilliant because we was i think it says allot that you can beat a top of the table side by 4 goals and still see some negatives from the game. Shows what we know is possible.