You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW Golfers

Mathewbet1

I've never played Frodsham Vlad, is it as hilly as I imagine? I usually play Runcorn GC as its literally just outside my back garden, but have played Sutton hall quite a bit when it first opened.

Its a tough course mate.(Well,they are all tough for me!) But yes its a bit hilly and pretty long for a par 70 so hitting decently off the tee helps a lot.

I used to play Sutton Hall as my sons were members there but have been told its gone down the nick. Frodsham is well worth a round. I get a round for £20 for going with a member,one of my lads,and think thats a very good price in my view. Give it a go mate.

Been invited to play at Woodland Country Club on Sunday afternoon. Can't wait. It's a Pete Dye course - famous golf course architect who designed Crooked Stick, another local Indiana course, where the PGA tour played recently. I played Woodland earlier in the summer in a charity event and shot 77. It is a great course - pristine, very fast and true greens, lots of water everywhere. I haven't played for a few weeks. Ended the season on a 3.8 handicap playing at another course mostly, so I was made up with that as it's a shot better than last year. Usually in your mid 40s you get a bit worse, but for some reason I've been chipping and putting a bit better than normal, with the other parts of the game about the same.

Describe a spiral staircase without using your hands; that is a golf swing.

At lease it is according to Michael Hebron in his best selling golf book:

See And Feel The Inside Move The Outside.

The book is full of mind-blowing quips such as:

A good swing is produced by psychophysical unison.

A good golfer will consider the psychobiological implications of bilateral asymmetry whereby the left hemisphere of the brain analyzes data over time, as the right hemisphere synthesises feeling through space.

A sound golf swing possesses inertia, angular momentum and rotational forces that conflict and create centrifugal power.

Needless to say my swing collapsed after reading this masterpiece. However the book did contain one tip that dramatically improved my game: Have a lesson.

I had three lessons over a two month period from golf pro with a good reputation. At £22.50 for half an hour it’s not cheap but well worth the money. The lessons transformed my game. My grip, stance, shoulder turn and swing of the hips are now nothing like the way I used to wield a club.

The lessons put 30 yards on my drive and allowed me to use a 6 iron where I previously used a 3 wood.

I have spent a small fortune over the years on clubs, gadgets, books and videos but three lessons off a good instructor was the best golf investment I ever made.

Wish I’d done it years ago.

I came across a deal on Groupon for an hours trackman golf lesson with video analysis

In playing of 18 but am hoping to sort out my fade (G's to our lowering the hands slightly has helped) and get a bit more height on my iron shots. I currently have a low trajectory and the ball skips through the greens when I do eventually land on them.

Been invited to play at Woodland Country Club on Sunday afternoon. Can't wait. It's a Pete Dye course - famous golf course architect who designed Crooked Stick, another local Indiana course, where the PGA tour played recently. I played Woodland earlier in the summer in a charity event and shot 77. It is a great course - pristine, very fast and true greens, lots of water everywhere. I haven't played for a few weeks. Ended the season on a 3.8 handicap playing at another course mostly, so I was made up with that as it's a shot better than last year. Usually in your mid 40s you get a bit worse, but for some reason I've been chipping and putting a bit better than normal, with the other parts of the game about the same.

You must be good to shoot those scores at those courses mate.

Ive had the odd golf lesson in the past and they did absolutely nothing for me. I think the key is to take lessons regularly and keep playing so you can put them into practice.

Its a tough course mate.(Well,they are all tough for me!) But yes its a bit hilly and pretty long for a par 70 so hitting decently off the tee helps a lot.

I used to play Sutton Hall as my sons were members there but have been told its gone down the nick. Frodsham is well worth a round. I get a round for £20 for going with a member,one of my lads,and think thats a very good price in my view. Give it a go mate.

£20 is a bargain mate, I'll just have to kidnap a member first and get him to sign me in.