You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Henderson V Allen: THE ULTIMATE POLL

Here we go...  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Here we go...

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Allen has shown little this season.

I don't agree with that, mate. At all. I think there have been plenty of occasions where he has shown real quality.

It has to be Henderson but I imagine he will be sold in the summer.

Allen really hasnt shown anything of note and deserved to dropped a lot earlier than he has been at times. Must say I have been totally underwhelmed by him.

I guess thats every manager though.

Guest LFD
I don't agree with that, mate. At all. I think there have been plenty of occasions where he has shown real quality.

He's got a very good first touch, he can make simple passes (so keeps the ball), he can press well.

Otherwise I think he has shown little. Two of those three attributes are what I'd call basics, in pressing and simple passes.

Guest ShoePiss

Based on the season as a whole you'd have to pick Henderson over Allen.

I saw a very good player in Allen early on though, he could easily turn his career here around next season. I won't write Allen off, unlike Borini for example. Easy to write him off because he's shown nothing, zero.

I see both players as more attacking mids, and based on desired skill sets, Henderson, for me, is stronger, quicker on the ball, and more flexible, in that he can play wide and in the centre. For me, Allen always needs a bit more time to decide what he'll do with the ball, whereas Henderson is naturally quicker thinking, and his execution is improving dramatically, which, of course, Kenny could have readily been expected to recognise, being one of the worlds best footballers, and did.

Says a lot of crap, that's what!

Sahin showed nothing. It obviously didn't help he was played out of position, but still...

Henderson: 42 (27+15) games, 6 goals, 6 assists

Sahin: 12 (12+0) games, 3 goals, 2 assists

Allen: 37 (29+8 ) games, 2 goals, 0 assists

If this was asked 10 games into this season, the response would have been entirely different. Goes to show quite a few things, like bad memory, lack of patience and that people dont seem to learn. Henderson had a pretty horrid first season at LFC. He showed a fantastic attitude to work himself back into contention and is now seen as a pretty good player for the future. Why couldnt Allen, who came here after a year where he was one of the best young central midfielders in the league, do the same? He started off the season well and then played carrying a quite serious injury for the most part.

If this was asked 10 games into this season, the response would have been entirely different. Goes to show quite a few things, like bad memory, lack of patience and that people dont seem to learn. Henderson had a pretty horrid first season at LFC. He showed a fantastic attitude to work himself back into contention and is now seen as a pretty good player for the future. Why couldnt Allen, who came here after a year where he was one of the best young central midfielders in the league, do the same? He started off the season well and then played carrying a quite serious injury for the most part.

He was put back in the starting eleven straight after he recovered from injury and even when off form. The only attitude shown with his constant selection was Rodgers wanted to play his signing despite said signing playing utter gash and constantly being blown off the ball if the wind picked up slightly.

He was put back in the starting eleven straight after he recovered from injury and even when off form. The only attitude shown with his constant selection was Rodgers wanted to play his signing despite said signing playing utter gash and constantly being blown off the ball if the wind picked up slightly.

I was talking about Hendersons attitude, not Allens or Rodgers. Anyway, is it not tiring to get in digs towards Rodgers within every other post?

Allen will be miles better next season. I like them both.

This. I voted Henderson though, as he's shown a lot more this season than Allen. I think we'll see a much better player in Allen next season though. It's not easy being played as a holding mid when thats not your natural game, as well as carrying a serious injury. That would be the managers fault for selecting him (not a dig at Rodgers, just an observation).

Nah Henderson showed loads of potential last season. Allen has shown little this season.

Did he fuck.

I know you fantasise about him sitting on your face and crapping in your mouth but 'loads of potential last season', haha.

Back into reality, Coutinho this season is what you would class as showing loads of potential.