You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

You wanted him out the other week!

Totally, we just lost 6-1 to Stoke.

Two things you should never do:

-Never go shopping on an empty stomach

-Never make managerial decisions following a 6-1 defeat to Stoke.

As the week went on, I listened to more and more things and weighed it all up. I think Rodgers HAS earned another go at it, but his credit in the bank is now at zero and so he leaves himself very, very little wriggle-room, we're talking about a £10 overdraft here.

I just want to see how these players, and the manager, reacts to a Gerrard-less environment. It could be like when you were at school at playtime and the sixth formers were in the playground and then they left. All of a sudden new hierarchies appear, new chains of command form, boisterous cunts come out of their shell, fat kids start rapping, anything is possible.

I'm excited about this coming season, especially if we land Milner, Benteke and Clyne. Of course I think we're still a couple of players short, but I'm also excited about what might happen with Rossiter, Yesil, Dunn, Sinclair, Williams, Jones, Ojo, Wilson, Canos, Chirivella, Madger Gomes all of which are now at the age (18+) when they might add something to the first team squad.

Interesting from an LFC scout on the latter three. ( http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-scout-tips-pedro-chirivella-5666855 )

PLus... http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/liverpools-pedro-chirivella-arsenals-hector-bellerin-among-spains-top-10-young-players-1486636

It's not a time to be swapping managers, Rodgers knows these players, they know him, and we need some stability for the next 12 months to see how this big group of talented youth players develop.

• Upvote 1

Call me crazy, but I'm not quite sure you understand the intricacies of Baseball.

Are there intricacies?

As chance would have it, I actually spent five minutes watching some baseball a couple of days ago. Curiosity, dunno. They didn't hit the ball once. Not. Fucking. Once.

I won't be making that mistake again.

Are there intricacies?

As chance would have it, I actually spent five minutes watching some baseball a couple of days ago. They didn't hit the ball once. Not. Fucking. Once.

Rounders basically, with hot dogs and a Wurlitzer to make it more interesting. 

Rounders basically, with hot dogs and a Wurlitzer to make it more interesting. 

Feel a bit sorry for American kids. Unless you're 8 foot 7, or built like a Hummer, presumably Baseball is the only option. Mind you, Basketball and American Football are shite as well.

• Upvote 1

Only to those who don't understand them.

Football is shite really in a lot of ways.

No, I think plenty of people understand the sports and still think they're shite. 

I used to play a bit of basketball, it's not exactly the most complex sport in the world. I don't understand American Football though. It looks fucking boring, so I've not bothered.

He's very close to brolly wally/turnip head territory isn't he. One more, "the defensive coach", "I am my own mentor", "defending is easy" and he'll be a figure of ridicule. If results and performances don't get him first.

Think we're already at the ridicule stage.

Does Rodgers deserve another season? What a ridiculous fucking question!!! Coutinho, Sturrridge, Can, Sahko and Mignolet is a fantastic spine. Lallana and Markovic will be much better. Add Ings, Milner and Clyne to the equation, maybe Walcott and a couple of top class young attackers like vietto or whatever his fucking name is and we have a squad on par with anyone.

And who better to lead a team of youngsters than the best young manager in world football? I can't fucking wait for next season.

In Brendan we trust

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I just want to see how these players, and the manager, reacts to a Gerrard-less environment. It could be like when you were at school at playtime and the sixth formers were in the playground and then they left. All of a sudden new hierarchies appear, new chains of command form, boisterous cunts come out of their shell, fat kids start rapping, anything is possible.

Thanks, made me laugh and somehow managed to give me a bit of hope at the same time with that.

American Football though. It looks fucking boring, so I've not bothered.

When it first came on our screens back in the eighties I made the effort to get up to speed on the rules and some of the background to the sport and really got quite into it along with a few mates. I guess up until about 10 years ago I still took a big interest and watched the games religiously .Now I just can't be arsed and unless its a really close game and there's nothing else on I won't bother. Haven't even stayed up for the superbowl for years.

Whether that's me getting older or just the fact that the game isn't that good I'm not sure. A bit of both probably. I certainly don't have the patience for the incessant ad breaks and stoppages and my tolerance of commentators and pundits is paper thin.  No other sport on tv do you have the amount of wall to wall gobshitery that's to be found in American Football. Hour upon hour of knobhead after knobhead incessantly crapping on about irrelevant minutiae . Beneath the multiple layers of hype and bullshit there is to be found quite a decent exciting sport but I for one can't be arsed looking for it any more.

Hour upon hour of knobhead after knobhead incessantly crapping on about irrelevant minutiae . Beneath the multiple layers of hype and bullshit there is to be found quite a decent exciting sport but I for one can't be arsed looking for it any more.

What are we talking about?

It will be time to hope again, and time to get behind the manager and his team.

Most Reds will be behind the manager for the new season.

I think he should have gone, and that he will not survive another year, but we will all have to make the best of a bad job.

LFC under FSG has evolved as a work experience opportunity, a club where owners, CEO's, transfer committees and managers learn football in "on the job placements".

I wish Brendan well. He didn't pretend he had experience in the transfer market , building a side, or Europe- he can hardly be blamed for failing in those very areas.

I do understand the argument of the Brendanistas that he should stay because the alternatives offer no greater chance of success, Dyche, Monk,Howe, Sherwood et al.

It was no surprise that two manager who could have made a difference, Klopp and Ancelotti were passed by, as LVG was before.

FSG don't want to know to win football trophies, they want to manage a profitable asset. The two are different. Paradoxically laying out another £300m to win titles and a chance of Euro glory is anathema to them, the club has done ok financially in the past few years, value up, it's just swell.

Does Rodgers deserve another season? What a ridiculous fucking question!!! Coutinho, Sturrridge, Can, Sahko and Mignolet is a fantastic spine. Lallana and Markovic will be much better. Add Ings, Milner and Clyne to the equation, maybe Walcott and a couple of top class young attackers like vietto or whatever his fucking name is and we have a squad on par with anyone.

And who better to lead a team of youngsters than the best young manager in world football? I can't fucking wait for next season.

In Brendan we trust

I smell Manc.

• Upvote 1

In Brendan we trust

Rodgers is staying mate, all over the papers.

• Upvote 2

Fantastic news. Binning off one of the brightest young managers in the game after one poor season would be madness. Bin off Sterling, bring in some motivated players like milner, clyne and ings and let's have another crack at shocking the world and bringing home number 19.

In Brendan we trust

But you're quite happy to bin Sterling off after one poor season?

Ok.

But you're quite happy to bin Sterling off after one poor season?

Ok.

He was taking the piss wasn't he? I presumed he was. 

The only way Liverpool FC will shock the world next season is if Daniel Sturridge plays more than five games. 

• Upvote 1

In Brendan we trust

Sweltering cock.