You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Shelvey is 21, pissed it in championship, has played for England, is one of best under 21 players and has looked to have good potential when played in the first team at lfc.If some sort of sell on fee has not been added its a bad deal, I'm going to trust that the club must have done this though especially considering how quickly a deal has been agreed.

You didn't watch the u21's then?

He was shit, does 2 good things and 10 bad things every game. People are always worried that we have let a really good player go once we sell them. Well shelvey is just ok. He is not a top player.

I really wanted Shelvey to succeed. When he arrived it looked like he had all the attributes to make it here. Sadly it hasn't worked out. I think his decision making is the number one reason, sometimes I wonder what goes through his head. I remember him coming on away to Wigan once and some fella was slagging him off something rotten as he was having a 'mare, nothing working out for him. I told the fella to shut up and get behind him as he was in red just as we got a free kick about 50 yards out and he took it in front of Gerrard trying to catch the keeper off guard and it sailed about 20 yards wide. That sums him up for me, that and lunging into dangerous tackles.

This post sums him up

He tries things way out of his remit. He takes shots from crazy places when he should have passed. Decisions are poor and thats the difference between top players and decent players.

I am not normally a net spend enthusiast but I hope FSG put some money in over and above sales.

We're trying to buy Mkhitaryan for about £25M and this Ilori kid for about £6M. So if nobody else leaves it's a net spend of £30M but if Reina and Spearing leave then it's more like £20M which I think is perfectly acceptable.

Obviously if Suarez leaves the we'll have another £40M to play with.

Shelvey's been average for us, but he needs to play consistently to learn and grow as a player. Smart business by Swansea, by his mid to late twenty's he'll probably be worth much more than the 6 million were getting for him now.

In my Fifa 13 career, in 2018 I have sold a rated 82 Shelvey for 19million to Barcelona.

When a club sells a player on there's always a chance he might do well and they'll regret it. But I think Shelvey had his chances. With him it was one step forward, and the next a yellow card.

When we got him, I heard Alan Curbishley say a few things about him. none of which were gushing or even remotely enthusiastic -he had him at Charlton.

Good luck to him. Hope he plays blinders against our competition and shite against us.

When a club sells a player on there's always a chance he might do well and they'll regret it. But I think Shelvey had his chances. With him it was one step forward, and the next a yellow card.

When we got him, I heard Alan Curbishley say a few things about him. none of which were gushing or even remotely enthusiastic -he had him at Charlton.

Good luck to him. Hope he plays blinders against our competition and shite against us.

When Curbishley left Charlton Jonjo was 15........

he is alright, start of last season and towards end of Kenny's reign he looked like he might push on but he isn't consistent enough to ever properly break through at a club like us, may become a decent player with more games and is worth a sell on and maybe a buy back clause just in case but I don't see it being one we regret

If Gerrard, Henderson, or even Allen had as many nailed on chances as Shelvey had last season they would have scored. He lost concentration at the wrong times every time. Not good enough but will have a decent career, Danny Murphy style.

Murphy is and always will be a much better player than Shelvey. We fucked up by letting him go.

If Gerrard, Henderson, or even Allen had as many nailed on chances as Shelvey had last season they would have scored. He lost concentration at the wrong times every time. Not good enough but will have a decent career, Danny Murphy style.

I think he has enough to become a good player for a mid to low table side , but I would be surprised if we regretted selling him. I like him and you see flashes of talent, but I would far rather have Henderson than him.

Murphy would have been a decent squad player to have around.He was a good solid pro but not much else.Its funny how often you hear that this Manc is shite and so is that one,when they are around the team year in,year out.Murphy could have been one of them players,comes in for 15/20 apperances each year and does a job in a good side.

Murphy was pooh, if you think he was class or anything other than average, you never saw him play

He was not shit

I'm not saying he was great but he is way better than shelvey. We seemed to struggle for ages after we let him go and i thought at the time we should have kept him. He was decent and worthy of keeping in the squad.

Since him we have had players like spearing, biscan, shelvey etc as squad players. Murphy would have been a much better option.

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 1 t

According to my (poor) maths, if #LFC make £9m from Shelvey & Ince their net spend so far this summer will be zero. Wheeling & dealing.

An art form perfected by Mr. Redknap, nothing unique to LFC that. But if we could get in three, at least two, we would've done just as well, if not beaten the masestro.