You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Aubameyang from St Etienne to Dortmund is a done deal, for only 15 M Euros.

-----------Sturridge

Suarez-----------------Aubameyang

Could have been a deadly front three and taken Downing's spot, which for some reason we aren't really trying to upgrade with proven talent.

On another note, this might well take them out of the "race" for Mkhitaryan, having seen them linked with him previously.

Being Peterborough born I saw a lot of him last season and he gave every defence in the league all sorts of problems. It's a shrewd bit of business by Palace or whoever else comes in for him; I've heard Newcastle offered more but he wants to move back to London.

Typical premiership supporter attitude you have. If its a Spanish player who's only played in Spain's second tier (which isn't as competitive as the championship) then 6 million plus is a fair price.

You do realise England is a shit league with shit players and shit defenders?

This thread has gone a bit mental. Well, a bit more mental.

I've read that Swansea want Shelvey but don't want to pay £6 million for him. If that's the case then they can fuck off because he's easily worth that, if not more. If some no mark from the Championship is going for £6 million and Tom Ince is going for £8 million then we are getting bummed if we let him go for less than that. Same goes for these Dutch clubs who want Assaidi on loan. Show us the fucking money you bunch of minge bags.

This thread has gone a bit mental. Well, a bit more mental.

I've read that Swansea want Shelvey but don't want to pay £6 million for him. If that's the case then they can fuck off because he's easily worth that, if not more. If some no mark from the Championship is going for £6 million and Tom Ince is going for £8 million then we are getting bummed if we let him go for less than that. Same goes for these Dutch clubs who want Assaidi on loan. Show us the fucking money you bunch of minge bags.

Spot on, Holloway is a known fan of shelvey and with the Swansea chairmans comments we should now see what other clubs are interested as they will need to get involved.Hes a young English player who has showed a good level already so if say around 7/8 is fair especially considering the price for that peterbourgh guy.

Absolutely no point loaning assaidi, move him on permanent deal.

There is some merit in your last point there.

However, up to £8.5m for a player who is 23 and has played most of his career for Bishop Stortford (what division are they actually in?!) is a bucketload of money and in no way represents shrewd business. It may come off but, as the other poster just said, it's quite a big gamble.

2-3M for him is about right, that said someone paid £18m for Connor Wickham and there was plenty of cunts disappointed we didnt on here.

£18m When you factor in wages, loss of earnings, image rights, the cost of petrol incurred by Connor during his time at Sunderland, protection money, his subscription to Sky with BT internet home hub package deal on quidco, interest on the loan to buy him, sacking and paying off Roy Keane to get a manager in to get the best out of him and then sacking Connor for letting slip that he is shit, plus, agents fees, the signing on fee and match tickets for his family.

I can assure you it all added up nicely to £18m exact.

Stoke have signed Marc Muniesa from Barcelona on a free on a wet Tuesday night. Here is a bit from his wiki, maybe it was this that attracted them.

Muniesa made his debut for Barça's first team aged 17 years and 57 days on 23 May 2009, as a substitute in a 1–0 La Liga home loss against CA Osasuna for the already crowned league champions. This appearance made him the second youngest player ever to feature for Barcelona, but he only played a few minutes, being sent off after a challenge on an opponent;

Stoke have signed Marc Muniesa from Barcelona on a free on a wet Tuesday night. Here is a bit from his wiki, maybe it was this that attracted them.

Muniesa made his debut for Barça's first team aged 17 years and 57 days on 23 May 2009, as a substitute in a 1–0 La Liga home loss against CA Osasuna for the already crowned league champions. This appearance made him the second youngest player ever to feature for Barcelona, but he only played a few minutes, being sent off after a challenge on an opponent;

I saw this breaking news on SSN & had this image of a 6ft 6ins Gulliver-type character in Barca's ressies kicking all the little bastards out of the way & insisting on taking long throws & taking his Andy Wilkinson shirt to training to wipe the ball.

You're not comparing like with like. Paisley was moving up within an organisation and keeping the people he'd known, trusted and worked with for decades with him. Moyes is moving to an entirely different club and is bringing the people he's known, trusted and worked with for years with him. They are two very situations and as such it is entirely reasonable the changes Moyes is making.

I think the people writing off Moyes as a guaranteed failure need to be careful what they wish for. He's been a regular top 7 finisher with Everton with a few recent 5ths and one year qualified them for the Champions League (yes yes yes, he never got into the 'league' part, blah blah blah..) by finishing 4h. He wasn't on the shoe-string budget some like to claim, but he did a good job. There is no guarantee he'll fall on his face at Man Utd.

You're forgetting something, what Bob Paisley did was keep a winning formula. He kept his staff because they were ingrained into the club, just like the Man U staff were.

Moyes staff have been with Moyes at Everton not Manchester United. They know as much about Manchester United as they do about hairdressing. It may be just my opinion and I'm entitled to it. There is more chance of Wayne Rooney going on a diet than there is of David Moyes winning the title ever.

You're forgetting something, what Bob Paisley did was keep a winning formula. He kept his staff because they were ingrained into the club, just like the Man U staff were.

Moyes staff have been with Moyes at Everton not Manchester United. They know as much about Manchester United as they do about hairdressing. It may be just my opinion and I'm entitled to it. There is more chance of Wayne Rooney going on a diet than there is of David Moyes winning the title ever.

I agree but then what difference does it make if he changes the backroom staff or not?

I agree but then what difference does it make if he changes the backroom staff or not?

It does mean something, it increases their chances of winning sweet fuck all. How? Confusion. Istability comes from things that are too unfamiliar. It's human nature. If you change things around too quickly, people( the players get confused). This is the sole reason why David Moyes is going to fall flat on his face.

He's going to go up with his victory over the mighty Wigan. However his downfall will be when he loses their first home game of the season to Chelsea, and then when United are destroyed at Anfield.

Mark my words, we're not going to beat them, we're going to destroy them.

I'm really going to be scratching my head if we start the season with two good goalkeepers and one defensive midfielder. Lucas hasn't even performed consistently well for nearly two years. I know this is down to injury but we've gambled on him being fit two seasons now and it's backfired. Surely Brendan won't try it again?

I'm hoping on Reina going and a defensive midfielder coming in tbh. One that's better then anything we've seen from Lucas since his injury's.

It does mean something, it increases their chances of winning sweet fuck all. How? Confusion. Istability comes from things that are too unfamiliar. It's human nature. If you change things around too quickly, people( the players get confused). This is the sole reason why David Moyes is going to fall flat on his face.

He's going to go up with his victory over the mighty Wigan. However his downfall will be when he loses their first home game of the season to Chelsea, and then when United are destroyed at Anfield.

Mark my words, we're not going to beat them, we're going to destroy them.

So, Im confused, are you now saying he should take his staff with him?

So, Im confused, are you now saying he should take his staff with him?

What I said earlier was, keeping the existing staff is what Moyes should have done. However Moyes being so predictable and stupid has made his first big mistake. He's done exactly what most of us were hoping he would do.

A true Liverpool fan would want David Moyes to not only fuck up, but to fuck up in style.

What I said earlier was, keeping the existing staff is what Moyes should have done. However Moyes being so predictable and stupid has made his first big mistake. He's done exactly what most of us were hoping he would do.

A true Liverpool fan would want David Moyes to not only fuck up, but to fuck up in style.

But you said hes getting rid of whats familiar?

No you don't. But you can start off by not leaving a space between the end of your word and the question - or exclamation - mark. That would be a good start, CD. We don't live in France, yo. Well, I don't anyway. And we live by my rules.

Avoir dupois mate, avoir dupois.

But you said hes getting rid of whats familiar?

Jesus, how can one person be so fucking stupid. I never said the coaching staff was unfamiliar to Moyes, it unfamiliar to the United players. They haven't got the coaching staff they've previously worked with. That's a major disruption, that is change and change being the key word.

Moyes has changed too much. To sustain success, you change nothing.