You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Wanyama probably isnt good enough.

Sure, great season. In the SPL. Without Rangers even.

He's been tested in the Championship, that's about as much as you can read into his 'success' at Celtic so far.

I reckon we're going to nab Alderweireld this week.

The interest cooling in Poppadopalos and Williams and Sakho indicates to me that we're already some way towards bringing in another centre back, and this lad fits the bill. Good value, young, hungry to succeed at Liverpool specifically. He can do a job at centre back OR right back, which is another great benefit of signing him. He's ours I reckon.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/toby-alderweireld-admits-would-jump-3320262

I also think that this could signal the end of defensive purchases, perhaps a young left back might be looked at, but I think this will be us done, with the exception of 20 year old Ilori.

I think the attitude of Skrtel might change and he'll see the competition for places as a real benefit to draw him out of this rediculous slump.

But a defensive 'roster' of Johnson, Enrique, Toure, Alderweireld, Agger, Skrtel, Ilori, Kelly is more than ample, both in numbers and in quality. But in addition to this, there is McLaughlin, Brad Smith, and Andre Wisdom all looking to get a chance, and Coates probably on his way out.

We're also close to signing more Spanish kids, with Valencia's Pedro Chiravella (16) likely, and Barcelona's Sergi Canos even more likely.

It would seem that Rodgers and his team have their eyes set on a certain style of play, and they already know that it's very, very unlikely that the key positions can be filled by British players, so we're fishing with dynamite for the next generation of midfielders.

Swansea chairman in talks with us over Shelvey.

wheres that from?

personally think he'll go somewhere he will play every week and I see his role as an attacking midfielder and with Swansea looking like signing Bony surely Michu will play there?

wheres that from?

personally think he'll go somewhere he will play every week and I see his role as an attacking midfielder and with Swansea looking like signing Bony surely Michu will play there?

BBC Sport - Football transfers, Rooney/Moyes talks, Wimbledon & Lions

Swansea City chairman Huw Jenkins confirms the club are in talks to sign Liverpool midfielder Jonjo Shelvey, 21.

The England Under-21 international has made only 17 league starts for Liverpool since moving from Charlton Athletic in May 2010.

"There is an interest there and we are talking to Liverpool," Jenkins told the South Wales Evening Post.

Crystal Palace are in talks with Peterborough about striker Dwight Gayle over a transfer which could be worth up to £8.5m including add-ons, reports the London Evening Standard.

It is reported Palace will pay an initial instalment of £6m for the 22-year-old.

Now THAT is silly money, fucking hell.

Crystal Palace are in talks with Peterborough about striker Dwight Gayle over a transfer which could be worth up to £8.5m including add-ons, reports the London Evening Standard.

It is reported Palace will pay an initial instalment of £6m for the 22-year-old.

Now THAT is silly money, fucking hell.

The lad's quality and will go on to play international football. He was awesome in the championship last season so 6 million rising to 8.5 million with add ons for a 22 year old who scores goals is about right.

Been nosing around some Celtic forums and a few posters reckon we are making a move for Wanyama. His odds have been cut to 2/1 to join us.

Fuckin hope thats true. Impressed the hell outta me in the CL. Even when Celtic got fucked against Juve i thought he looked very good. People can say what they want about the SPL but im convinced he'd be a hit in the PL and hes just the sort of player we are crying out for in midfield too.

The lad's quality and will go on to play international football. He was awesome in the championship last season so 6 million rising to 8.5 million with add ons for a 22 year old who scores goals is about right.

Yeah, looking at his record, he was awesome for Bishop Stortford.

something seems missing this pre-season

isn't it usually this point in the year where Aquilani turns up for pre-season training and both he and the manager tell the website that he'll be with us the following season

Downing's taking that role this year. At least I pray he is.

Yeah, looking at his record, he was awesome for Bishop Stortford.

Being Peterborough born I saw a lot of him last season and he gave every defence in the league all sorts of problems. It's a shrewd bit of business by Palace or whoever else comes in for him; I've heard Newcastle offered more but he wants to move back to London.

Typical premiership supporter attitude you have. If its a Spanish player who's only played in Spain's second tier (which isn't as competitive as the championship) then 6 million plus is a fair price.

What international sides does he qualify for?

I saw him a couple of times last season and whilst he did stand out for an ultimately relegated side there is no way you can argue that 6m is 'about right' for a player with one years championship experience, one year in League 2 and one in the Conference North.

It's a shrewd bit of business by Palace

SHREWD????? It's a massive gamble actually.

Are you Joe Kinnear?

Being Peterborough born I saw a lot of him last season and he gave every defence in the league all sorts of problems. It's a shrewd bit of business by Palace or whoever else comes in for him; I've heard Newcastle offered more but he wants to move back to London.

Typical premiership supporter attitude you have. If its a Spanish player who's only played in Spain's second tier (which isn't as competitive as the championship) then 6 million plus is a fair price.

There is some merit in your last point there.

However, up to £8.5m for a player who is 23 and has played most of his career for Bishop Stortford (what division are they actually in?!) is a bucketload of money and in no way represents shrewd business. It may come off but, as the other poster just said, it's quite a big gamble.

I'm not sure there is a point with regards to Spanish second division players costing a fair amount being seen as a fair deal, I was certainly a bit taken aback when I heard the fee we were paying for Alberto (hopefully it'll be a bargain mind) but would be less so for someone like Ince as I've actually seen him play full matches and not just youtube highlights etc which is the case with Alberto

for what its worth whilst 6.5million for Gayle is a lot its just what happens with young english players, I think them signing him for that and selling Zaha for 15million is better than keeping Zaha and not signing Gayle