You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Have you got a crystal ball, like?

It's impossible to tell what Shelvey, having played regular first team football, will be like in 2/3 years time.

It is obvious to tell because we have seen him play.

Murphy did ok for Liverpool, a top team. Shelvey has done shit for Liverpool, a top team.

Its quite simple.

Edited by jsims

It is obvious to tell because we have seen him play.

Murphy did ok for Liverpool, a top team. Shelvey has done shit for Liverpool, a top team.

Its quite simple.

At the age of 21, what had Murphy done for Liverpool? He had only played about 20 games! Most people wouldn't have been arsed had Murphy been sold in the summer of 1999.

Have you got a crystal ball' date=' like?

It's impossible to tell what Shelvey, having played regular first team football, will be like in 2/3 years time.[/quote']

Have you, he's been absolute dog shit this season, swans around like he's the love child of Zidane and Souness with fuck all talent to back it up, the fact Rodgers wants rid less than a year after giving him a new contract speaks volumes

At the age of 21, what had Murphy done for Liverpool? He had only played about 20 games! Most people wouldn't have been arsed had Murphy been sold in the summer of 1999.

Fuck

It's not all about stats, use your eyes to judge a player. He was always decent, never great but not bad.

I know who i'd rather have coming off the bench out of the two.

Plus murphy didn't suffer the "big club" syndrome that shelvey has. We arent a shelter, to house people until they find their feet.

Shelvey for £6m is brilliant really.

England Tax once again, no way he's worth £6m on form and what he's done so far.

I hope he goes on and improves, but he really needs to work out what he is first, and in my opinion he's a central midfielder who gets up and down and puts tackles in, but he needs to sort out (A) his tackling and (B) his workrate, otherwise he's just going to be a big fish in a small pond like he was at Blackpool.

I know they're separate deals and different circumstances, but Shelvey and £9m has essentially got us Joe Allen from Swansea should this deal go through. I don't think it's conclusive yet who will have come off better.

Will we be in profit for the summer after Shelvey and Ince move? And then we have the wage bill reduced, too. Plus Skrtel, Coates, Reina and Suarez to go.

Should mean we spend at least another 70m this summer if FSG put even minimal money in.

Will we be in profit for the summer after Shelvey and Ince move? And then we have the wage bill reduced' date=' too. Plus Skrtel, Coates, Reina and Suarez to go.

Should mean we spend at least another 70m this summer if FSG put even minimal money in.[/quote']

Once the Shelvey and Ince deals go through, we'll have broken even. Bear in mind that we're trying to sign Mkhitaryan and Ilori for around £30M.

Once the Shelvey and Ince deals go through, we'll have broken even. Bear in mind that we're trying to sign Mkhitaryan and Ilori for around £30M.

I reckon we should get at least 65m for Reina, Suarez, Skrtel and Coates.

So we should spend at least that plus FSG's 20m which should be the least they're putting in.

We get an extra 30m for TV money this summer, too.

I have a strong feeling we and in for wanyama but are waiting to get the mkh transfer and maybe a CB out of the way and then use funds from player sales to get him.

With pepe,coates,asdaidi,shelvey,skrtel and downing all looking available I am expecting at least another 4/5 signings and if Suarez goes a big name striker and and top winger.

Mkhitaryan seems to be the big summer signing - doesn't look like Skrtel will go, so probably just Ilori for Coates, and possibly a replacement for Shelvey - which may explain the Jorginho rumours.

Do younot think Reina and Suarez will leave?

Are you a jedi?

I meant to add we are the only club I have seen linked with him that is notably better then Southampton who he has turned down.His father has said he just got to wait and be patient which leads,me to believe a club has said they will come in for him later in the window.

Although I don't have great knowledge of all players in world he seems to fit the profile for a dm we would be after, a young aggressive athletic player is what I would think we would be looking for as this would offer us different qualities to Lucas.

Apparently it is all the talk in Scotland that we are after him, I could be wrong but I reckon we've looked at him but maybe the fee Southampton offered is more then we would be willing to pay.

I meant to add we are the only club I have seen linked with him that is notably better then Southampton who he has turned down.His father has said he just got to wait and be patient which leads,me to believe a club has said they will come in for him later in the window.

Although I don't have great knowledge of all players in world he seems to fit the profile for a dm we would be after, a young aggressive athletic player is what I would think we would be looking for as this would offer us different qualities to Lucas.

Apparently it is all the talk in Scotland that we are after him, I could be wrong but I reckon we've looked at him but maybe the fee Southampton offered is more then we would be willing to pay.

Pfft. I preferred you when I thought you were a jedi.

Do younot think Reina and Suarez will leave?

Nope, Suarez I can't see anyone coming in for him at our price - Reina possibly, but I think that Valdes staying has fucked that one up.

A month ago - I was convinced Reina, Skrtel and Suarez where going - now I think they will all stay.

Nope, Suarez I can't see anyone coming in for him at our price - Reina possibly, but I think that Valdes staying has fucked that one up.

A month ago - I was convinced Reina, Skrtel and Suarez where going - now I think they will all stay.

I reckon Skrtel would be daft to stay. Rodgers clearly doesn't rate him. Weird after he didn't sell him to Man City for over 20m.

Pfft. I preferred you when I thought you were a jedi.

Its quite simple to work out our transfer targets and at the end of the season we could probably make a thread with a list of players that would probably be 80-90% similar to the list of options given to Rodgers by the scouts, certainly from the main divisions.

If you consider we are looking for a dm in a certain age bracket if possible who can play at a certain level and finally is an achieveable transfer target then I'm 100% sure we have looked at wanyama.He also has the attributes that we are looking for from someone in that role and we have been linked, the fee seems excessive though and I don't know if wed be willing to pay that much for a backup (currently) dm who is coming from the spl.