You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Press coverage and how the mancs are twats

RedinSweden

‘We’ll tell him to run on his hands and knees from now on,’ joked Rodgers, before making one  mischievous dig in retaliation.

So, Rodgers was asked, is he eight players short of having a title  winning team here on Merseyside?

‘That’s probably two short of what they need,’ he replied, and given that United approved the book before publication they probably deserved it.

BOOOOOM

BRENDAN-RODGERS_1573341a.jpg

I think this could do wonders for Henderson.

For the people who don't like him it will be hard not to warm to him after he's riled that fucking cunt.  He has to start on the weekend for me.  It's the perfect opportunity to ram it down that cunts throat.

I'd love him to score then as celebration crouch over and hold his back, don't think he is the sort though, Jonjo would've done it!

I appreciate the sentiment but if any of our players need motivation based on Ferguson's words, we've got big problems.

Henderson should be staying on the training pitch late to practice his shooting. I've lost count of how many shots he's air-mailed over the bar. Between him, Gerrard and Lucas we don't have one goal from open play this season. That should be motivation enough to come out strong.

• Downvote 1

Not as if he's got a vested interest, so definitely the right person to be taking up the cudgels for Taggart on this one.

Not as if he's got a vested interest, so definitely the right person to be taking up the cudgels for Taggart on this one.

The article was probably ghost written by slur, whilst Hayward had one hand on his keyboard and one hand on Fergies crusty old cock.

If people are going to read that abysmal article I urge you to at least avoid the comments section. I had a cursory glance and now my favourite colour is ham.

Thing is, Ferguson's last book was widely regarded - present company excepted of course - as a great football book.  But then, that one was ghosted by a genuinely great sports journalist in Hugh McIlvanney.

Hayward is going to be hoping for a lot of reflected glory from this, in the same vein a lot of these twats thought any contact from Ferguson was a golden shoulder tap, yet in these admittedly very early stages it's coming across as a kiss and tell style sensationalist tabloid effort - full of fluff and petty point scoring, rather than a serious sports book. 

Being associated with that won't look good on his CV, especially when unflatteringly compared to the above, so the PR machine starts up and it becomes everyone else's fault, as usual.  Don't put your arms up when I'm kicking you in the face for goodness sake, laddie.

I think an entire chapter dedicated to Liverpool by a Manchester United manager, when covering a 14 year period in which the two clubs faced off once for the league, says it all personally.

One of the strange things about Ferguson suggesting that Henderson might have issues later in his career related to an unorthodox gait is that he signed Ashley Young for the same sort of money in the same summer that we signed Henderson, and Young has a gait that causes him to fall over at the merest hint of any imbalance in the air and spend a lot of time laid out on his front on the grass. Oddly enough, the exact same position that Ferguson might find himself in when visiting all those vineyards he's planning to see.

• Upvote 3

Ive had a couple of now, and Paul Hayward is just sycophantic spunk stained sorry excuse of a journalist.

No mention of of the attack on Jordan Henderson in that shit stained piss poor article, what a cuntish thing to say about a young footballer, putting injury doubts in the kids head, and by a man who spunked a load of cash on Owen fucking Hargreaves. When Hargreaves retired they named the treatment room at old trafford after him as a mark of respect.

Time's have changed, the club has not been a position as strong as this (media wise) for twenty years. Time to start banning a few of these journo type slime balls from anfield, starting with fergies typist Paul I'm a smug looking cunt Hayward.

I see Hayward and the ever Ferguson arse kissing Barclay are on the Sunday Supplement this weekend along with Custis from the Scum. Should be a full hour wankathon of Ferguson with all manner of justifying his horrible, bitter childish bitch-fest of a book.

What a line up. Where's Osama bin laden when you need him.

What's the fuss about really?

We've all seen Fergie's ways. Everybody can see Keane's got issues etc

Is it really any surprise that to sell a book, a few provocative sections are inserted to wind up the media frenzy?

Gerrard's class. The whole world knows it. There's nothing to debate really.

Ferguson was a fantastic dictator. There's nothing to debate there either.

Beckham grew up and stopped being bullied. There's nothing to debate there either.

He's history now.

• Upvote 1