You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Electric Blankets

diamondjoe

I relented about a month ago as I was sick of getting into a cold bed. The Mrs was against it also so I bought a right fancy one that has 6 different settings (one of which is a feet setting that just heats the lower part of the bed), a timer, and has two controls so I can have it on on my side and the Mrs doesn’t have to have hers on. It was over a £100 but well well worth it, and the Mrs has her half on just as much as me now.

I relented about a month ago as I was sick of getting into a cold bed. The Mrs was against it also so I bought a right fancy one that has 6 different settings (one of which is a feet setting that just heats the lower part of the bed), a timer, and has two controls so I can have it on on my side and the Mrs doesn’t have to have hers on. It was over a £100 but well well worth it, and the Mrs has her half on just as much as me now.

My missus has that blanket, its great, really sends me off to a nice deep sleep. Plus I get my own space when I want it because I have it set full heat which she can't tolerate.

Fucking right I've got a leccy blanket. In a house with a coal fire as the only source of heat it's an absolute must, otherwise not only is the bed cold, it's damp too. All those who say the bed should be cold are talking shite, it's about as cold as your central heating you bloody puffs. You want cold? Try living with a Russian with a Jews aversion to gas and who thinks more than four lumps of coal will "have the fucking chimney alight".

Im liking the feet only feature. Thats appealing to me greatly. Sounds like you made a real sweet purchase. I could soon be in the market for a fancy electric blanket and crossing over that line.

Quite frankly, it’s living the dream. Ignore the mind-fossils above prattling on about how good it is to get into a cold bed. I can guarantee you that 500,000 years ago those troglodytes’ ancestors will have been peeking into our warm cave as we sat around our fire toasting Neolithic marshmallows, before skulking off to their cold damp hole in the earth trying to convince themselves and any gobshite that’ll listen that getting into a cold cave is much better.

A toasty bed is where it’s at. Live the dream my friend, live the dream.

Cold beds rule. If it is stupid cold you use a hot water bottle. I think there may even be some sort of law about that.

Never risk one of the in the bed.

A lad in work had a cold and had a bottle in the bed.Leaked over him as he was falling asleep.Woke up in pain with the skin on his stomach blistering.