You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fucking hell. You live in your own strange little world. What a crackpot.

The reason I wanted Rafa out was because he had stopped winning things and it was not likely he would win anything in the forseeable future either, I like winning it makes me feel good.

Not winning, not so much.

But why bring the fucking Chelsea manager into this by the way.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I like winning, too. I just don't agree with your stance that Rodgers has taken over the best side around and that his start has been horrific in the context of the team he took over (which was worse in terms of results, points, and losses, in the last 14 games than Rodgers first 14).

It'll take time to reverse the mistakes you deny exist.

I would suggest that value for money is more important than cost. If BR progresses and we end up as champions and he is paid £10 million a year I would consider that good value. Moyes is good value at £4 million as without him Everton may well have been right in the shite.

Hopefully BR will appear on that list at some point.

Is there anyone who still doubts that FSG run the club in the cheapest way possible at the expense of the teams performance? They've proved it by hiring a cheap CEO, a cheap manager, loaning and selling players and trying to reduce the wage bill as much as possible and by not backing the manager of their choice.

It was not enough for them that they bought a world class club in terms of fan base, sponsorships, TV deals and facilities for a fraction of its real value, they want to run it as a bargain. Pure greed.

Nightwat is spot on.

I like winning, too. I just don't agree with your stance that Rodgers has taken over the best side around and that his start has been horrific in the context of the team he took over (which was worse in terms of results, points, and losses, in the last 14 games than Rodgers first 14).

It'll take time to reverse the mistakes you deny exist.

That's an extreme over simplification - comparing results at the end of a campaign, with results at the beginning, and, with a different midfield. The argument could easily be made that if Henderson and Downing had played more, and Carroll had not been loaned out, Kuyt and Maxi were still here, we may, in fact, not be languishing in 12th.

Nightwat is spot on.

I suspect the money they make at Anfield, apart from what they personally cream off, funds the Red Sox. Have no doubt that this is their real passion and interest- they fill the Boston papers and sports radio airwaves waxing lyrical about the ball team. LFC is never mentioned and is never in their thoughts. How many times has Henry been to Anfield this season?

They are unpopular in Boston right now as that club too i in a bit of a shambles, and some of the criticism that we have about the footy is echoed there- under-investment etc. These guys like sports but their passion is business, making a 'model' work that they can then project as a success model for consultancy purposes. They are certainly using LFC as an experiment and it is- in my opinion- failing to deliver, already.

By the way, if they had tried to treat a club legend of Boston they way they did King Kenny, the fans would have rioted. Seriously. Their position as owners would be untenable.

By the way, if they had tried to treat a club legend of Boston they way they did King Kenny, the fans would have rioted. Seriously. Their position as owners would be untenable.

The majority here have gotten too used to treating their own like muck.

Frode if we win today then Rodgers has beaten the tally of Dalglish's points total in his last half season as manager with four games to spare. Dalglish had a second half of last season record of P19 W5 D3 L11. Rodgers will beat that today with four games in hand. Not a great record admittedly still but still a darn site better than what we got from January to May last season. We will have 19 points from 15 games compared to Dalglish's relegation form 18 points from 19 games which over a full season would've seen us finish 18th last season.

Interestingly if Kennys side had repeated the form from the first 19 games last season we'd have finished 5th. It was more than just a few games poor form we showed in the second half of last season it was a full half season of dreadful performances and results.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Frode if we win today then Rodgers has beaten the tally of Dalglish's points total in his last half season as manager with four games to spare. Dalglish had a second half of last season record of P19 W5 D3 L11. Rodgers will beat that today with four games in hand. Not a great record admittedly still but still a darn site better than what we got from January to May last season. We will have 19 points from 15 games compared to Dalglish's relegation form 18 points from 19 games which over a full season would've seen us finish 18th last season.

Interestingly if Kennys side had repeated the form from the first 19 games last season we'd have finished 5th. It was more than just a few games poor form we showed in the second half of last season it was a full half season of dreadful performances and results.

I think that's a fair point. It's not kicking Kenny, it's just trying to illustrate the side Rodgers inherited, aside from 4/6 of our top scorers. It's hardly shocking we're struggling to score goals.

Bit of a race to the bottom though this isn't it? If it's going to be a remotely meaningful comparison then Rodger's will have to deliver a 2nd half to the season as strong as Kenny's first half. Equally Rodgers hasn't had to deal with the impact of losing Suarez for eight games or the whole effect the Suarez saga had on the club. Comparing selective runs of matches across seasons has very limited meaning.

All it really shows is that our current manager has not as yet managed to arrest the decline from the 2nd half of last season or over the last three years.

Personally I'm dubious of whether he'll ultimately be able to do it, I'm happy for him to have the time to find out. We've got an inexperienced manager learning on the job.

The question is simply does he have the talent and will he be able turn the situation around quickly enough to offset the inevitable further decline whilst he gets up to speed? We have to be prepared to buy into the one step back two steps forward argument.

Edited by clangers

Guest Numero Veinticinco

All it really shows is that our current manager has not as yet managed to arrest the decline from the 2nd half of last season or over the last three years.

I think there are signs that he has, hence the slight uptake in results over the preceding results, despite losing 4/6 of the top goalscorers. However, to properly stop the slide, he - or any manager in the world - will have to be given the money to bring in players to replace those attackers we have lost with better versions.

John I would have thought you would not fall into this trap as well by comparing the end of a season with the beginning of a season as its two totally different scenarios.

I've posted about this so many times I will not do it again, but ask yourself this.

Would you have wanted to change to result in the Carling Cup away to City with the PL game a few days earlier?

Would you have wanted to change the result in the FA Cup at home to Utd with the away game in the PL a few days later?

And last, would you have liked to change the result at home to Chelsea in the PL with our game at Wembley in the FA Cup a few days earlier?

John I would have thought you would not fall into this trap as well by comparing the end of a season with the beginning of a season as its two totally different scenarios.

I've posted about this so many times I will not do it again, but ask yourself this.

Would you have wanted to change to result in the Carling Cup away to City with the PL game?

Would you have wanted to change the result in the FA Cup at home to Utd with the away game in the PL?

And last, would you have liked to change the result at home to Chelsea in the PL with our game at Wembley in the FA Cup?

XRa82.gif

Would you have wanted to change to result in the Carling Cup away to City with the PL game a few days earlier?

Would you have wanted to change the result in the FA Cup at home to Utd with the away game in the PL a few days later?

And last, would you have liked to change the result at home to Chelsea in the PL with our game at Wembley in the FA Cup a few days earlier?

And I'd have swapped the Carling Cup for a top 4 spot.

What's wrong Code? Do stats only work when it suits your agenda?

If we win today, the stats will tell us that Rodgers has bettered Kennys last half of the season with games to spare. Improvement,right there.

What's wrong Code? Do stats only work when it suits your agenda?

If we win today, the stats will tell us that Rodgers has bettered Kennys last half of the season with games to spare. Improvement,right there.

in a way. But something about this makes me despair, despite the optimism. We were terrible in the last half of last season and we are still terrible now- not even top half and virtually as many points as games. Strikes me as two bald men fighting over a comb. Crap then- fact. Crap now- fact. More maintenance than progress? No offense meant, just how I see this horrible decline.

It will take a while to get over the worst spending spree in the history of football.

It's not been great but there are signs of a style emerging, I am frustrated too but we looked totally clueless under Kenny

The cups are a great thing but in the grand scheme of things and in the modern game they don't mean all that much. It makes me feel a bit sick typing that but it's true.

Code, you need to scrap the carling cup bollocks too

• 3 months later...