You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
No, but looking for a manager in the bargain basement is.

I thought this hideously idiotic argument had been put to bed? Paying off Kenny and his staff, paying million to release Rodgers and his staff isn't 'bargain basement'. Next.

You get what you pay for eh? Well we didn't last season you boring cunt. We had a manager who was the 7 th highest earning manager in World football. Earning the same ad Slur Alex & we still finished 8th. Below Alan Pardews Newcastle. So, proof that you don't actually get what you pay for, you boring, horrible, agenda driven twat. God, I hate you.

Mourinho the world’s highest-paid football coach | DAWN.COM

We won one of the three competitions we entered and reached the final in another one.

I'd argue we did.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

We won the Carling Cup. No matter how you dress it up, it's not a coverall for the other failures, most notably in the transfer market and in the league. Next.

Snide dig thread. I've covered this on the MF but the reason for starting this thread; snide.

I obviously dont agree with that at all.

But seeing how this thread has turned out I will not bother with the arguments about the mismatch between the clubs actual standing economical and our managers salary.

people on this list would most likely have taken the job if they had been offered the money they are worth, we wanted a cheap manager who had achieved fuck all though and we are paying for it with the worst start in my living memory.

Its not my fault Rodgers is not performing or taking the team backwards, its all down to himself and its not like some people did not see it coming either based on an anylise of his style, set up and performances so far.

• Upvote 1

I obviously dont agree with that at all.

But seeing how this thread has turned out I will not bother with the arguments about the mismatch between the clubs actual standing economical and our managers salary.

people on this list would most likely have taken the job if they had been offered the money they are worth, we wanted a cheap manager who had achieved fuck all though and we are paying for it with the worst start in my living memory.

Its not my fault Rodgers is not performing or taking the team backwards, its all down to himself and its not like some people did not see it coming either based on an anylise of his style, set up and performances so far.

Out of interest, it's not like for like comparison, but what experience did Guardiola have when he took over at Barcelona? What experience did Villas Boas have when he took over at Porto? New managers have to be given chances in top jobs.

We won one of the three competitions we entered and reached the final in another one.

I'd argue we did.

Code, you've constantly said that the fact we won one trophy and reached the final of another constitutes a successful season last year. What if we'd also lost the Carling Cup final, which at one point during the penalty shoot-out looked a distinct possibility? In 1996/97, Middlesbrough reached the League Cup final and lost to Leicester after a replay. They also reached the FA Cup Final and lost to Chelsea. They had one of the leagues top scorers in Ravanelli, and one of it's more creative players in Juninho. Significantly however, they also got relegated that season.

I don't think our team last year were ever in any danger of relegation, but the cup runs really were papering over the cracks here too. Most of the Carling Cup run was at a time when we were playing quite well in the league but not converting our numerous chances. The FA Cup run came during a time when we'd stopped playing well, were creating fewer chances but were still wasteful, while at the other end we started to fall away a bit defensively.

Posted this in another thread:

Agree with the sentiment that we need to get behind BR but he wasn't starting to build a team from zero. He inherited a squad that included a dozen or more international footballers. In Suarez and Gerrard (although now past his very best) he has two top drawer players at his disposal with established players like Reina, Johnson, Skirtel and Agger adding support. He also has a good crop of youngsters coming through in Kelly, Jonjo, Flanagan, Wisdom, Suso, Coates, Sterling. The purchase of Allen was a good move and I am really impressed with him. Add to this the rest of the squad players Enrique, Cole, Downing, Henderson, etc then we should have enough to turn over most teams in the Prem. The decision to let Kuyt, Rodriguez, Bellamy and Carroll all leave the club in the summer was a very poor decision and left us bereft of options up front. Borini is not the answer and I haven't seen anything from Sahin and Assiadi to make me believe that they are the answer.

Yes - it will take him time to get us to where he wants us to be and we need to be patient, but, imo there is still enough quality in the squad to produce far better results than we have.

Out of interest, it's not like for like comparison, but what experience did Guardiola have when he took over at Barcelona? What experience did Villas Boas have when he took over at Porto? New managers have to be given chances in top jobs.

Guardiola had the experience of being a proven winner and one the biggest legends ever taking over at Barca but if he had the worst start ever more than 1/3 into the season questions would certainly be asked.

Villas Boas turned Acedemica around totally and continued to do so with Porto, again if he had not got results ar Porto I'm sure questions would be asked.

I have nothing against Rodgers like I've said repeatedly, from a footballing perspective I have huge doubts about his preferred style and system though and I'm of the belief it will bring you nowhere unless you are happy with mid table mediocrity and I'm not, I want us to perform to the best elvel possible and we are not doing that and to be totally honest I've not seen a sign of us being able to do that either.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco
What kind of idiot said that then?

You didn't say it, you just implied that Rafa shouldn't be given much credit because he won the European and FA Cups (winning is worse than just reaching the final, apparently) on penalties.

Thanks for the neg Code, would not be a good post without it.

Instead of going around saying that you speak "The Truth", call it what it really is: an agenda driven outlook of your perceived version of the truth.

Its flawed and you are being called out on it by multiple posters. Why not come to understand for once that your stance is wrong and that your opinions do not help the situation are club is in at the moment.

Your truth does not exist in the real world, learn to live with that.

You didn't say it, you just implied that Rafa shouldn't be given much credit because he won the European and FA Cups (winning is worse than just reaching the final, apparently) on penalties.

I did not say that at all, I said that a manager who wins a final on penalties cant be seen as a mangerial genius compared to one who loses on penalties since their mangerial input have made them achieve almost the exact same and the lottery that is penalties does not tell you anything about the managers abilities.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the neg Code, would not be a good post without it.

Instead of going around saying that you speak "The Truth", call it what it really is: an agenda driven outlook of your perceived version of the truth.

Its flawed and you are being called out on it by multiple posters. Why not come to understand for once that your stance is wrong and that your opinions do not help the situation are club is in at the moment.

Your truth does not exist in the real world, learn to live with that.

Rodgers has had the worst start to a season in my living memory, fact.

No manager have had as few wins after 14 games as Rodgers in the same time, fact.

If this is not the truth, what is it?

We have played 29 games under Rodgers so far and we have not had one single convinving win against anyone half decent, its a scary situation really and the only reason I'm on his back is because his results are fuckin shite.

How anyone can deny it is laughabele really.

• Upvote 1

4 points off the bottom 3. David Brent persists on starting Henderson over Shelvey despite Shelvey puttting easily the best performance from midfield (including Gerrard) every time he has been on the pitch! Dont worry tho it is all a part of the 5 year master plan! Anybody who has and continues to back Rodgers either is clueless on the logistics of football (probably because they have never played it competively at amateur level) or when it comes down to it aren't actually that bothered about LFC

Rodgers has had the worst start to a season in my living memory, fact.

No manager have had as few wins after 14 games as Rodgers in the same time, fact.

If this is not the truth, what is it?

We have played 29 games under Rodgers so far and we have not had one single convincing win against anyone half decent, its a scary situation really and the only reason I'm on his back is because his results are fuckin shite.

How anyone can deny it is laughable really.

No, the fact is you are laughable for not taking into account anything else that has happened to this club the past year and still insist that Rodgers should not be given any time because results have not gone our way.

Why is it so hard to make you understand that the guy needs time to rectify the situation?