You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

You get what you pay for eh? Well we didn't last season you boring cunt. We had a manager who was the 7 th highest earning manager in World football. Earning the same ad Slur Alex & we still finished 8th. Below Alan Pardews Newcastle. So, proof that you don't actually get what you pay for, you boring, horrible, agenda driven twat. God, I hate you.

Mourinho the world’s highest-paid football coach | DAWN.COM

A bit harsh on Code, he's only adding to the site. The last line made me giggle though, it looks like he's dumped you.

No, the fact is you are laughable for not taking into account anything else that has happened to this club the past year and still insist that Rodgers should not be given any time because results have not gone our way.

Why is it so hard to make you understand that the guy needs time to rectify the situation?

Whiskey Jar will you please find a different forum to post to or actually think about what u r saying. Ur heart may be in the right place but honestly i read your comments on here and scratch my head. U obviously know very little about football and have never played it urself

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I did not say that at all, I said that a manager who wins a final on penalties cant be seen as a mangerial genius compared to one who loses on penalties since their mangerial input have made them achieve almost the exact same and the lottery that is penalties does not tell you anything about the managers abilities.

You miserable pip-squeak. You constantly bring up penalties. It's not the only thing you use to dismiss Rafa's trophies, but it is a main one.

Why you asked what makes Rafa a good manager, I said:

He has won the European Cup, FA Cup, UEFA Cup and two La Liga titles, and he has done so with either less cash than his rivals, a completely different starting position to his rivals or a mixture of both. If that doesn't make you a very good manager, what does?

To which you replied:

He won the CL with GH`s squad on penalties, this was 5 years ago, we beat West Ham in the FA Cup final

To dismiss two La Liga titles, beating out Madrid and Barca, you said:

His titles from Spain are outdated

Here's a few other things you didn't say.

We have been in a few finals in Rafa`s time here but considering what a tactical genius he is supposed to be its strange that his superiority have not made us win one of them after 90 minutes, instead we have two wins from penalty shoot outs and one win after extra time.

Getting Fulham to the UEFA Cup final is a bigger achievement than Rafa ever made.

Whiskey Jar will you please find a different forum to post to or actually think about what u r saying. Ur heart may be in the right place but honestly i read your comments on here and scratch my head. U obviously know very little about football and have never played it urself

You either on board with the fact that we need time to build a squad or condemn the newly installed manager for every result that does not go our way.

Do you see the games in which Liverpool play in or are you just full of hot air?

And for your information I have played football at an amateur level.

What we need right now is patience and consistency, not hot heads like yourself.

You're all getting sucked into a fucking pointless thread. This is ths sort of thread you read on the shitter, it's the equivalent of the Guinness Book of World Records propped against the shithouse wall, light gazing at meaningless numbers and figures while your anus throbs a brown tube out.

you mean its a shitty thread?

Well, you're making this up.

Why? My theory is that you're an idiot.

Nah I'm simply joining Numero and it looked like you thought making up stuff was the way forward, it was incredible easy to make you jump in and prove my point though.

You miserable pip-squeak. You constantly bring up penalties. It's not the only thing you use to dismiss Rafa's trophies, but it is a main one.

Why you asked what makes Rafa a good manager, I said:

To which you replied:

To dismiss two La Liga titles, beating out Madrid and Barca, you said:

Here's a few other things you didn't say.

haha, well found.

Ha ha, well in Hank. Codes looking more a twat by the day. Amazing really, but winning the League cup on pens v a championship side & finishing 8th in the league can justify us paying our maneger the 7th highest earning manager in World football,a manager who wasted shit loads of cash on Shite players who Code can't bring himself to criticise but can criticise the new manager when he's left with all the shite.

As an aside Code, if we were to win the FA cup this year, would that instantly change your views on Rodgers? Would that make all your negative opinions of him go away? Your having a go at Rodgers & state that Kenny won 1 of the 3 comps we entered. Well, we've only been knocked out of 1 of the 3 Cups, were still in the other 2! and I still have hopes (gotta have some hope!)of a 4th spot. So to start making judgements now is a tad early, is it not? By all means raise your doubts, but every fuckin day? It's getting ridiculous now. We all now your views, you don't have to keep ramming them down our throats everyday, every fuckin thread. If/when you are proven correct I bet you'll be on here with all the 'I told you so' shite. I think Rodgers has been dealt a shit hand from the previous regime, from FSG & needs more time and, more importantly, some backing from the owners to bring his own players in.

Is there anyone who still doubts that FSG run the club in the cheapest way possible at the expense of the teams performance? They've proved it by hiring a cheap CEO, a cheap manager, loaning and selling players and trying to reduce the wage bill as much as possible and by not backing the manager of their choice.

It was not enough for them that they bought a world class club in terms of fan base, sponsorships, TV deals and facilities for a fraction of its real value, they want to run it as a bargain. Pure greed.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
So again I was spot on with everything then, thanks for highlighting it Numero.

Yes, well-done. You are indeed brilliant in your own eyes. I suspect that's all that really counts in your little world. Meanwhile, back on earth, it seems there's one or two (dozen) people who think you're a mindless crackpot.

I did not say that at all, I said that a manager who wins a final on penalties cant be seen as a mangerial genius compared to one who loses on penalties since their mangerial input have made them achieve almost the exact same and the lottery that is penalties does not tell you anything about the managers abilities.

Then why are you prepared to cut Kenny so much slack for a trophy won on penalties (you constantly say last season was a success because of this) and yet dismiss the trophies Rafa won on penalties? What's the difference?

Is there anyone who still doubts that FSG run the club in the cheapest way possible at the expense of the teams performance? They've proved it by hiring a cheap CEO, a cheap manager, loaning and selling players and trying to reduce the wage bill as much as possible and by not backing the manager of their choice.

It was not enough for them that they bought a world class club in terms of fan base, sponsorships, TV deals and facilities for a fraction of its real value, they want to run it as a bargain. Pure greed.

I have my doubts FSG. But, what's wrong with cutting the wage bill? We had players earning millions a year who were sitting on the bench. We're loaning players out coz no one wants to buy them & its a drain on our resourrces,as for loaning in, it's not a bad thing is it? If we'd brought sahin for 10-15m we'd all be up in arms. Loaning players is something we haven't done enough of over the years IMO. I can sort of see the methods behind their action with FSP coming in, having a strong financial base etc. but the Dempsey debacle does raise more than a few doubts, is it really a case of getting a cheap manager? A young, upcoming & talented manager I'd say. I think FSG's stance is more to do with the money that was invested 18months - 2 years ago , with no return whatsoever. I suppose you can't really blame them for not adding decent money until all this shite is shipped out first.Lets see what they do then.

Then why are you prepared to cut Kenny so much slack for a trophy won on penalties (you constantly say last season was a success because of this) and yet dismiss the trophies Rafa won on penalties? What's the difference?

But thats the thing you see, I have never dismissed any trophy Rafa won so dont let Numero fool you with his selective quoting taking things out of its context, he is just someone with an inferiority complex so I'd rather just ignore him if I were you.

The reason I cut Kenny slack is because we showed over and over again last season that we actually could beat anyone and apart from a limited period of 7 games where we lost 6 out of 7 games in the league we were performing at a decent enough level considering the circumstances and based on this I think last season was something to build on and not something to totally destroy like we are doing now without any real signs of improvement.

People are saying we are playing great, I'd liek to know their definition of great because I cant remember last time a goalkeeper had a matchwinning performance against and if we dont force their keeper into saves we are not really playing great are we, football is about scoring goals and hopefully more than the opposition, if you dont test the keeper you dont score so excuse me for not being over the moon with what we are seeing so far.

Guardiola had the experience of being a proven winner and one the biggest legends ever taking over at Barca but if he had the worst start ever more than 1/3 into the season questions would certainly be asked.

Villas Boas turned Acedemica around totally and continued to do so with Porto, again if he had not got results ar Porto I'm sure questions would be asked.

I have nothing against Rodgers like I've said repeatedly, from a footballing perspective I have huge doubts about his preferred style and system though and I'm of the belief it will bring you nowhere unless you are happy with mid table mediocrity and I'm not, I want us to perform to the best elvel possible and we are not doing that and to be totally honest I've not seen a sign of us being able to do that either.

Fair enough but don't pretend that you have nothing against Rodgers when you start a thread like this.

Fair enough but don't pretend that you have nothing against Rodgers when you start a thread like this.

The reason I started the thread was because I found it interesting, especially since we are valued as the 8th most valuable football club in the world, so there is obviously a mismatch between that and what our owners are willing to pay for a manager.

If it was a dig at anyone it was the owners.