You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When did we convince ourselves we are no longer a prestigious club. Fuck FSG regardless of this being true or not they've manage to convince the world we are has beens already. Never sell your best players to a club in the same league, its stupidity you don't only strengthen them and weaken yourselves you send a clear message they are a better option for players. I don't like nor appreciate this idea we are building something special with youth blah de blah it's pure spin rolling a turd in glitter business men's sports talk of we are not investing what's needed.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can't keep selling top strikers in January. Come back with 70+ million in the summer and I'd talk.

And this is for me the crux of the problem. We keep selling our best players the greater probability is that we will continue on our downward spiral. We receive that £70mill for example and we buy 3 or 4 players who might be as influential as Suarez, but there is just as much chance that we have lost our best player (and someone who seems to be getting better with every game at the moment) without replacing him adequately (which has happened before...). Furthermore, how do you convince the best available players to come to your club when you have been seen to sell your best players over several seasons, are struggling to qualify for Europa League (let alone CL), and have a new manager who promises much but has yet to deliver? We really need to keep hold of the few exceptional players we do have and add good players to them rather than selling them!

Suarez may choose to go, in which case we obviously should get as much as we can for him, but my priority if I was an owner would be to keep hold of him at all costs and fund 2 or 3 more very good players who can complement him in the side (and Sterling) to help us to achieve CL as soon as possible. That's what we should be doing in January and next summer, and I hope that is exactly what we will be doing. Time will tell.

The wages that Citeh can offer would unfortunately be difficult to reject.

Fortunately we have set a precedent with Torres so if they are serious then 50 million would be the minimum acceptable amount you would have thought and hopefully they wouldn't fucking throw it away this time.

In an ideal world he'd\the club'd wait to the summer to see what happens, but if we continue in a similar vein then its only a matter of time.

There is a fork in the road ahead in January.

One way is: Keep Luis, invest heavily in the first 11, make a serios bid for top 4.

The other is: Flog him for an eye watering amount.

He could smash the British record easily.

I think i know what they will do.

The bastards.

I agree 100% mate.

FSG have already displayed their lack of ambition for LFC by failing to properly invest in the squad last summer. J Henry has even gone on record as saying they aren't going to be investing heavy sums of money in players like Citeh and Chelsea do.

Everything that they have done so far has stunk of them investing very little, while extracting every penny from our ever increasing revenue streams. They still haven't said how they intend paying for the ground redevelopment. Which is a massive reason for them rubbing their hands at the thought of City throwing huge sums of money at us for Luis.

We speak a different language than FSG. We talk football. They talk money. They know that CL participation is the real money spinner, but either they are skint and don't have enough money to get us there, or they simply refuse to part with their dollars.

"@MullockSMirror: Lot of anger at the Etihad about being linked with Suarez. MCFC think LFC are trying to create a market for their most prized asset"

"@MullockSMirror: Just had a call from a very senior source at MCFC. Been told there has been no move for Luis Suarez and there are no plans to bid."

"@MullockSMirror: Suarez story written by Merseyside-based reporters. Clearly briefed by LFC. What the motive is for misinformation is a matter of conjecture"

Surprised anyone?

If the offer comes' date=' FSG will negotiate. City know that. So if they really want Suarez they will get him.

To be fair to Luis, he deserves better than battling for 13th place against mighty Swansea. If it's not January it will be next summer. He will leave, sooner than most people think.

Why are also some people so angry with journalists reporting City's interest? They've been spot on about Torres leaving when people were laughing at them.[/quote']

No-one was laughing at Torres leaving. He wanted to go when Benitez was still here, and it was clear he couldn't be arsed for months. It was a relief when he left, but no-one could imagine we'd spunk the lot on shite.

"@MullockSMirror: Lot of anger at the Etihad about being linked with Suarez. MCFC think LFC are trying to create a market for their most prized asset"

"@MullockSMirror: Just had a call from a very senior source at MCFC. Been told there has been no move for Luis Suarez and there are no plans to bid."

"@MullockSMirror: Suarez story written by Merseyside-based reporters. Clearly briefed by LFC. What the motive is for misinformation is a matter of conjecture"

Surprised anyone?

No, this better not be more propaganda bullshit from the top trying to prepare us for the inevitable sale of our best player. Saying that, I'm sure City would be interested in signing a player of Suarez' calibre and perhaps they were putting the story out there to sound out reaction.

City can go fucking whistle. We can't keep selling top strikers in January. Come back with 70+ million in the summer and I'd talk.

£70m?

Nope. Id ask for £100mill if i wanted to sell. Which i don't.

These city type owners have been hoovering up all the freshly created money. They can afford it.

Seriously if they want Suarez FSG should ask for £100mill.

Of course Rodgers will only get £50mill to spend, and he'll probably waste half of it, but thats another story.

Surprised anyone?

What I find amusing is that the Mirror ran with the Suarez to City story. The daft bastards obviously didn't check that the story was actually true.

Surprised anyone?

Go fuck yourselves FSG.

.. this smacks of .. 'we now know we can't bring in Champions League money anytime soon so how do we make the money we thought we could out of The Liverpool project' ... They are not interested in getting us back to former glory ... we need owners who feel the pain .. and that's not FSG

This is the most intriguing suggestion. That briefing could only have come from Ayre.

If true, it implies that there is no significant net investment planned for the winter window. Is Ayre setting up a situation which prompts an offer which is too good to refuse- and what would such an offer be?

Is it about raisng cash to help Brendan? Or is it just about raising cash?

Players are always better than cash from a football perspective. We have had no shortage of cash from the sales of Alonso, Masch and Torres. We have been unable to replace them like for like as our playing status declines.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Go fuck yourselves FSG.

It's a Twitter rumour. He just signed a new contract and we turned down offers for him in the summer. If they sell him from under the manager and don't reinvest every penny, they'll be playing with a flamethrower.

so why would they give him a 6 year deal, let the manager say countless times that he is here for the long haul, the player himself says he is happy here for the next 6 years and then tell the media that Man city want him for 40mill? Im afraid that this is just lazy journalism people. I dont think that Luis will be going anywere, and definitely not in January.

Cecil up there having another dig at his arch enemy Ayre* haha

It's a Twitter rumour. He just signed a new contract and we turned down offers for him in the summer. If they sell him from under the manager and don't reinvest every penny, they'll be playing with a flamethrower.

At the moment its all smoke and mirrors as usual and nobody will know the 100% truth.

But if it does become evident that theres even the slighest truth in them trying to engineer the exit of Suarez then we may aswell just resign ourselves to never climbing out of the hole we're in under them.

We'll be fucked as a football club until they fuck off, if that is the case.

so why would they give him a 6 year deal, let the manager say countless times that he is here for the long haul, the player himself says he is happy here for the next 6 years and then tell the media that Man city want him for 40mill? Im afraid that this is just lazy journalism people. I dont think that Luis will be going anywere, and definitely not in January.

Cecil up there having another dig at his arch enemy Ayre* haha

Well being cynical, its only smart getting him tied down to a long term contract.

It both protects them if they do and don't want to sell.

Either way it ensures he would only be sold for a huge amount.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

At the moment its all smoke and mirrors as usual and nobody will know the 100% truth.

But if it does become evident that theres even the slighest truth in them trying to engineer the exit of Suarez then we may aswell just resign ourselves to never climbing out of the hole we're in under them.

We'll be fucked as a football club until they fuck off' date=' if that is the case.[/quote']

Yep. For them to sell from under the manager would be unforgivable. If it's Yeh manager trying to sell him, it's his prerogative.

so why would they give him a 6 year deal, let the manager say countless times that he is here for the long haul, the player himself says he is happy here for the next 6 years and then tell the media that Man city want him for 40mill?

To get the best possible price? Just a thought..............

Agger is only still at the club cos he in effect told FSG to do one.

I've seen all i need to see of these bloodsucking creeps.

The pipe has been attached, its just a matter of when they turn the pump on.

Well being cynical, its only smart getting him tied down to a long term contract.

It both protects them if they do and don't want to sell.

Either way it ensures he would only be sold for a huge amount.

It makes no sense though? I understood selling Torres, we had Luis already and Torres was on the decline. Turned out to be a very good move for us.

Suarez just dosnt make any sense, on form, leading goalscorer and IMO the best player in the league at the minute. Ok we get a great price but we lose a great player? It benefits nobody. Unless the player wants to go, which I dont think he does

If an offer came in from abroad, and he did go I would genuinely wish Luis well. The shite he has had to put up with since he came has been shameful.

I dont think that he would stay in england unless he stays with us. 19 other stadiums full of fans abused him since he came- and they continue it and will continue to do it until he does leave.

For them to sell from under the manager would be unforgivable. If it's the manager trying to sell him, it's his prerogative.

It is possible that Rodgers has presented his January wish list to FSG and that FSG have said that no net funds are available but you can reinvest any money you raise. Luis is the ony person scoring at the moment. Rodgers might determine that four £10m players might score more than one £40m one.

My own view is that the corrosive effect of Torres, Alonso and Masch leaving is clear and that Luis leaving would urther erode perception of LFC making new contract negotiations with Sterling even more difficult.