You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

2 minutes ago, No2 said:

I'm not even referring to any individual just the idea a publican in Bolton thinks an Eton toff gives any sort of shite about him. How stupid do you need to be to fall for that shit? And then actually see him spend 2k for a sheet of wallpaper and still thinks that's my guy? It's flabbergasting stuff how stupid half a nation can be.

Agreed, I was just taking the piss, but a lot of sensible people fell for it as well and we're in the end game of that nonsense now, hopefully.

It's almost like a pyramid scheme on an international level.

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Agreed, I was just taking the piss, but a lot of sensible people fell for it as well and we're in the end game of that nonsense now, hopefully.

We're not though, Rees Mogg will still be re-elected and his son will get the gig in 20 years time.

4 minutes ago, No2 said:

We're not though, Rees Mogg will still be re-elected and his son will get the gig in 20 years time.

Like his father before him who is, in part, responsble for this bullshit.

But, I have no insight into the tractor fucking, forelock tugging, element beyond bemusement.

I do have on the others though.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

I wouldn't read much into that Bolton vid, politics there is divided purely on radial lines. Asians vote labour, anyone who doesn't like Asians doesn't. It was the first place to have serving ukip councillors I think.

All 3 of them wanted to say something they didn't and we all know what it was. 

I think it was Gnasher who tried to tell me we don't have a racism problem in this country. We do. And it's being used to coerce people into making decisions that effect reality. Real people. All of us. When you have people openly calling the RNLI a "taxi service" it shows you how low a society and the complete inhumanity we have amongst decent people. 

How about everyone get on eh? "Shut up you woke lefty cunt" 

"Fuck off you horrible lying twat"

"Daaaaave he shouted at me" 

I'm happy to be on the side of human decency. Fuck the other lot. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

All 3 of them wanted to say something they didn't and we all know what it was. 

I think it was Gnasher who tried to tell me we don't have a racism problem in this country. We do. And it's being used to coerce people into making decisions that effect reality. Real people. All of us. When you have people openly calling the RNLI a "taxi service" it shows you how low a society and the complete inhumanity we have amongst decent people. 

How about everyone get on eh? "Shut up you woke lefty cunt" 

"Fuck off you horrible lying twat"

"Daaaaave he shouted at me" 

I'm happy to be on the side of human decency. Fuck the other lot. 

I didn't try to tell you we didn't have a racism problem in this country.

27 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I didn't try to tell you we didn't have a racism problem in this country.

For clarity i was stating how far right wing politicians and parties are generally shunned in this country when compared to the rest of Europe. The last by-elections held here being an example.

Nevermind what some punter 'didn't say' from Bolton, some of the stuff spoken by our European colleagues will make your eyes water.

https://www.arabnews.com/node/1857771

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

For clarity i was stating how right wing politicians and parties are generally shunned in this country when compared to the rest of Europe. 

Nevermind what some punter 'didn't say' some of the stuff spoken by our European colleagues will make your eyes water.

https://www.arabnews.com/node/1857771

Yeah I kind of agree with that. Racism here isn't overt, that's why GB News doesn't do well and the national front had to rebrand itself as anti EU. 

It's weird, racism in Britain - mainstream racism - is sort of entwined with contempt for the working class (even if you yourself are working class) or  others who're less fortunate. 

Racism in, say, Russia or the USA seems more mired in stuff like Nazism and the idea of master/sub races and that type of shit.

Our Essex dad type racists wouldn't have a clue about that, their hatred for 'darkies' is akin to their hatred of scroungers, scousers, 'woke' types etc.

I suspect it's something to do with the white working class being used as an army (literally) to subjugate ethnic peoples during the Empire era. They were imbued with this faux sense of superiority from the higher ups before they were sent to conquer/pillage. 

You see that type of attitude with the whole Brits abroad stuff. Johnny foreigner is fucked up, where are the Heinz beans.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah I kind of agree with that. Racism here isn't overt, that's why GB News doesn't do well and the national front had to rebrand itself as anti EU. 

It's weird, racism in Britain - mainstream racism - is sort of entwined with contempt for the working class (even if you yourself are working class) or  others who're less fortunate. 

Racism in, say, Russia or the USA seems more mired in stuff like Nazism and the idea of master/sub races and that type of shit.

Our Essex dad type racists wouldn't have a clue about that, their hatred for 'darkies' is akin to their hatred of scroungers, scousers, 'woke' types etc.

I suspect it's something to do with the white working class being used as an army (literally) to subjugate ethnic peoples during the Empire era. They were imbued with this faux sense of superiority from the higher ups before they were sent to conquer/pillage. 

You see that type of attitude with the whole Brits abroad stuff. Johnny foreigner is fucked up, where are the Heinz beans.

True. The problem over here (as i see it) is more of casual ignorance and stupidity. Over Europe it runs deeper, is more mainstream and is more politically organised. The far right candidate here got about 30 votes in last by election.

• Upvote 1

The problem with nationalism is that it's contagious for directionless people, and many older people are directionless, sat on housing that's lifted them into this false sense of wealth, all they want to do is hold onto it and protect it.  Tories tell them they're brilliant, that they earned it fair and square and Labour, and foreigners and lazy woke bellends want to take it away.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I got the wrong person then. Apologies. 

Nah, it was the right person he was just arguing that it’s worse in France. 

And look, there’s a case that racism in the UK isn’t as bad - generally speaking - as many other countries. I’m my experience, I find people from outside the UK way more racist than Brits. 

To be, I’ve never really ‘got’ racism. It seems to arbitrary and stupid, both on an individual level and a systemic level. 

1 hour ago, Hank Moody said:

Nah, it was the right person he was just arguing that it’s worse in France. 

And look, there’s a case that racism in the UK isn’t as bad - generally speaking - as many other countries. I’m my experience, I find people from outside the UK way more racist than Brits. 

To be, I’ve never really ‘got’ racism. It seems to arbitrary and stupid, both on an individual level and a systemic level. 

Agreed.

7 hours ago, Gnasher said:

How the fuck is a man being forced out in fucking disgrace by his own party being allowed to have a bloody honours list. He will be selling titles to every cunt

Jesus Christ this country is fucked

Racism is certainly.a big part of it but not all.

The much derided class issue is huge.

Just imagine if boris johnson came from a normal background and spoke with a northern accent. At best he would have been some fruit loop backbencher who got in after 2019.

Yet thanks to his background,his accent and his connections he gets huge chunks of the media inside and millions of people think because he speaks a bit of Latin he will be a great leader (aided of course by a media created persona that he generally cares for normal people)

It's embedded in our culture and its been there for generations. 

• Upvote 2

And I think even though he is gone, Labour can't let them brush this ledvedev stuff under the carpet.

This is huge.

Why was he meeting a kgb on how own a short while after the Salisbury incident?

Why has he only just admitted it?

Why did raab deny it?

Don't let them get away with it.

27 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Racism is certainly.a big part of it but not all.

The much derided class issue is huge.

Just imagine if boris johnson came from a normal background and spoke with a northern accent. At best he would have been some fruit loop backbencher who got in after 2019.

Yet thanks to his background,his accent and his connections he gets huge chunks of the media inside and millions of people think because he speaks a bit of Latin he will be a great leader (aided of course by a media created persona that he generally cares for normal people)

It's embedded in our culture and its been there for generations. 

We're a serfdom. 

7 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

The problem with nationalism is that it's contagious for directionless people, and many older people are directionless, sat on housing that's lifted them into this false sense of wealth, all they want to do is hold onto it and protect it.  Tories tell them they're brilliant, that they earned it fair and square and Labour, and foreigners and lazy woke bellends want to take it away.

Nationalism is a mental virus that is pretty much incurable. Once you start to blame “a distinct group of other people” for everything that’s wrong in the world then it’s never ending, you have an explanation for everything. 

59 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

And I think even though he is gone, Labour can't let them brush this ledvedev stuff under the carpet.

This is huge.

Why was he meeting a kgb on how own a short while after the Salisbury incident?

Why has he only just admitted it?

Why did raab deny it?

Don't let them get away with it.

It's so fucking weird he's revealed that now. If labour can work this well that the Tories can't be trusted with national security (maybe make a bit more of Wallace liking Corbyn), it actually could be the final straw of destroying the cult. 

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

It's so fucking weird he's revealed that now. If labour can work this well that the Tories can't be trusted with national security (maybe make a bit more of Wallace liking Corbyn), it actually could be the final straw of destroying the cult. 

Wallace was Johnson’s chief of staff on his leadership bid, or something or other, at one point so is tied to him through it all.

So there’s a stick to beat him with straight off.