You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boris Johnson

Section_31

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

He gave up his citizenship so he didn’t need to pay taxes on a house he sold over here, if I remember correctly. 

Yes he did.

That Mail headline just apes the Express one after Thatcher was ousted, doesn’t it?

14 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Why don't Labour do the VoNC right now?

It's all about timing. The time to act is when 59 Tory's MPs vote with their feet. Not after they have had chance to regroup and act in their party's best interest.

I assume because they know they won't win whenever it is. It's about bullying the Tories into dumping him now and if they don't, force them to keep him in place via a vote and if he runs wild down the line, it's on every one of them who kept him there. 

And also, MPs are all lazy cunts, no matter the party - Fridays are not a proper day in parliament are they, so they all want to fuck off and enjoy the sunny weekend and come back on Monday and start again - which is the same reason why then1922 committee meeting doesn't happen till Monday. Starmer spent the day at Wimbledon yesterday. 

He’s going to become the Tory party equivalent of the unstable but exciting ex that you should have married. The party is condemned to years of the political equivalent of bank holiday trips to IKEA with Ben Wallace and his sensible Kia car thinking if only we’d stuck with Boris. I think he may come back in 2 years to a hung parliament. 

1 minute ago, Captain Willard said:

He’s going to become the Tory party equivalent of the unstable but exciting ex that you should have married. The party is condemned to years of the political equivalent of bank holiday trips to IKEA with Ben Wallace and his sensible Kia car thinking if only we’d stuck with Boris. I think he may come back in 2 years to a hung parliament. 

Wow. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

If only it was to be hanged in parliament. 

This is great, they are still going out on TV to humiliate themselves and lie for him.

New cabinet in place for a day and already they are embarrassing themselves.

More please...

There's the select committee on ethics which is a resigning issue, which would be fucking hilrious if he had to quit 'quit'.

Oh, they've shot themselves in the foot here and it's quite glorious.

EDIT: As if by fucking magic they are now saying that they'll hold their wedding somewhere else meaning all the chumps on TV/Radio this morning have had to protect him have already been shown up.

Chumps.

46 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I hadn’t considered the possibility he might leave, then come back. 

That’s probably the worst option and therefore the most likely.

38 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

I hadn’t considered the possibility he might leave, then come back. 

That’s probably the worst option and therefore the most likely.

I think it’s highly likely. He’s still relatively young and freed from the constraints of office he’s going to be a feature on the after dinner circuit, Question Time and a big draw at fringe events at the Tory party conference. The cabinet meanwhile will be stuck with dealing with high inflation, weak growth and just the day to day dreary minutia of Government whilst Johnson is out there wooing the members with pre prepared sound bite promises of the policies they really wanted but the MPs made them give up. It’s like marrying the partner your mother liked rather than the one you actually fancied. Once Ben Wallace loses the next election, Johnson will be back as leader I’m sure of it. I’m not saying that’s a good thing, it’s my prediction of how this plays out. 

44 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I think it’s highly likely. He’s still relatively young and freed from the constraints of office he’s going to be a feature on the after dinner circuit, Question Time and a big draw at fringe events at the Tory party conference. The cabinet meanwhile will be stuck with dealing with high inflation, weak growth and just the day to day dreary minutia of Government whilst Johnson is out there wooing the members with pre prepared sound bite promises of the policies they really wanted but the MPs made them give up. It’s like marrying the partner your mother liked rather than the one you actually fancied. Once Ben Wallace loses the next election, Johnson will be back as leader I’m sure of it. I’m not saying that’s a good thing, it’s my prediction of how this plays out. 

I think you’re right; the country is exactly this stupid.