You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sugar Ape

4 minutes ago, Moo said:

I'm now convinced that they/Swinson want the Tories to get their majority and with it a guaranteed Tory Brexit.  The whole issue of Brexit has given this terminally ill party a lifeline, Brexit itself will allow them to become the party of Rejoin.  They KNOW they cannot win their own majority at this GE yet are happy to damage the chances of the only party who could help stop Brexit.  

Liars. 

Yeah, sort of like a reverse Farage- he only stays relevant until Brexit actually happens. 

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, that’s it. Nothing to do with Lib Dem’s being disingenuous and conniving. Such a pure party. 

Not really our fault if Survation's poll shows Labour in a distant third place in NE Somerset, is it. I mean, I'm struggling to see what anyone's problem with that is, other than butthurt at the realisation that this is going to happen in lots of other places too.

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Not really our fault if Survation's poll shows Labour in a distant third place in NE Somerset, is it. I mean, I'm struggling to see what anyone's problem with that is, other than butthurt at the realisation that this is going to happen in lots of other places too.

If Labour are in 3rd place in a poll, then so be it. Might happen elsewhere too as you say. It doesn't change the fact that the Lib Dems are now the de-facto centre right party, with the Tories gone full UKIP.

Jo Swinson is a liar, a hypocrite, a staggering narcissist, and with a voting record in parliament worse than many more Tories, a horrid Tory. These employed new tactics using hypothetical questioning in order to graph out wishful results (with the obvious intention of misleading the reader) is clearly the work of a narcissist. It has backfired and will turn people away from voting for them. I would question anyone's sanity in trying to defend Swinson and/or these graph issues.

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

If Labour are in 3rd place in a poll, then so be it. Might happen elsewhere too as you say. It doesn't change the fact that the Lib Dems are now the de-facto centre right party, with the Tories gone full UKIP.

Jo Swinson is a liar, a hypocrite, a staggering narcissist, and with a voting record in parliament worse than many more Tories, a horrid Tory. These employed new tactics using hypothetical questioning in order to graph out wishful results (with the obvious intention of misleading the reader) is clearly the work of a narcissist. It has backfired and will turn people away from voting for them. I would question anyone's sanity in trying to defend Swinson and/or these graph issues.

You don't have to be centre right to be centre right these days, it seems.

I honestly struggle to see what the issue is here.

Survation asked two questions in the constituency. Firstly, which party would you vote for. Secondly, if it was a straight fight between Tory and Lib Dem, which party would you vote for. The questions and responses to both were published in full. 

Apparently this is misleading, somehow?

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

You don't have to be centre right to be centre right these days, it seems.

I honestly struggle to see what the issue is here.

Survation asked two questions in the constituency. Firstly, which party would you vote for. Secondly, if it was a straight fight between Tory and Lib Dem, which party would you vote for. The questions and responses to both were published in full. 

Apparently this is misleading, somehow?

Come on, SD. This is seriously Orwellian from you.

Even a national broadcaster called her out on the literature being misleading. Swinson's response was awful. If Corbyn answered like that you'd be all over it like a rash. In case you missed it, it's right below here. The only people not calling it out as misleading are staunch (brainwashed?) Lib Dems. I've seen Lib Dems threatening to leave because of this carry on.

https://twitter.com/RidgeOnSunday/status/1190952807756632069?s=20

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

This last page summed up: "How dare the Lib Dems try to get people to vote for them. Don't they know those are Labour's votes?"

Well, they've just lost my vote. I thought tactically I may have to vote for them in order to have the slimmest chance of removing the odious Tory scum bag but a combination of speaking to the Labour candidate (a thoroughly pleasant and engaging woman), it appearing less obvious that Lib Dems actually do have more of a chance than Labour, and the fact your party is increasingly becoming a mainstream conservative party, I've decided I simply can't do it.

I don't trust your party, and I think your leader is an even less likeable version of Nick Clegg.

Someone with even a fraction of the integrity and likeableness of Kennedy would get 75 seats in this election. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

The responses weren't posted in full. Posting in full would have meant putting up the graphs for the results of both questions, rather than only the one which put the Lib Dems way ahead of Labour.

So because there wasn't a graph in the second tweet, only figures, it doesn't count?

Also, they were way ahead of Labour in both polls, so...

2 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Survation published the results for both questions in text and graph form, but the Lib Dems didn't. They only used the graph for the results of the hypothetical question, in which they were further ahead. Why do you think that is?

Well, it's obviously a massive conspiracy to fool the general public into voting against Jacob Rees Mogg.