You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Uniteds mental strength is unbelievable they just don't like to drop points. We need some of that attitude even if we don't have the skill to back it up at least show some fight.

Agreed.

I think it's also something the shite across the park have also, even if they're not as good. I think today was something like the fifth time on the bounce they fell behind a game, yet still managed to pick up points in them all.

We go one down and it seems like a draw is the best we can muster. January is a big month for us, because we can't afford anymore shithouse passengers.

I know it's obviously oversimplistic to say, but it's baffled me how teams don't look at the Mancs' blueprint and aim to take a leaf out of their book. Pacey wingers to stretch the play, as many goalscorers in the squad as possible, and a willingness from all concerned to get into the box at every oppurtunity. Very simple, but very effective. It's served them well for fucking 20 odd years.

It's a combination of their belief and the opposition's belief (or lack of).

Most teams fear the comeback... they go into panic mode at 2-1 and the inevitable happens. It's tragic and see, but that's what you earn with 20 years of dominance.

It probably earns them 10 points a season, which is a fair bit.

I'd agree with anybody who says Ferguson and United are loathsome, but only a fool would claim they are crap in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Heartbreaking for Villa, but they put up a fight. A draw would have felt about right (to me).

The only consolation is that mr. Ferguson won't live forever.

I'd say that's pretty accurate. I have to admit I made a little "yoohoo" gesture in the sofa when Villa's second went in. I quickly calmed down though, knowing the inevitable would follow.

Spurs and Villa supporters must be seriously thinking about not going to the games vs United. Villa haven't beaten them at Villa Park since 1995!!! It seems Everton have shaken off some of the respect for them, and i thought Villa had a good game plan today. Unfortunately, as others have commented, they never give up and have terrific movement in the box. Look at the way they (nevermind the quality of the actual set piece) attack from corners and inswinging free kicks (as well as in open play), they drag defenders out of their zones and desperately want to get first to the ball. I echo the sentiments of hate and at the same time admiration:(

It's usually Villa and Spurs who get a 2-goal headstart against the Mancs before shitting themselves. Villa are keeping their side of the bargain at least. It seems like they're winning almost every game 3-2, and letting the opposition score first. And they always have at least one player who finds a hot streak. Right now, Van Persie and Hernandez are getting the goals, but you can almost guarantee that if that stops for whatever reason, the likes of Rooney and Welbeck will start scoring freely.

The formula for their success is so obvious. They buy the best players from other teams in the league, and supplement with value signings from overseas and talented players brought through the youth ranks.

I agree, but it's more than that. Ferguson rules the roost. ANY player going to United knows who is boss. Any player revolt is killed in an instant, and Ferguson sells them.

He'll sell foreign players a season or so after their peak, but keep his original 'kids' going by reducing their workload. To my mind that's knowing that a foreign player isn't United through and through - so he lets them go, but he keeps Scholes / Giggs / Neville as long as possible.

Players arrive believing they are winners, not 'hoping' to be winners.

Liverpool had the same aura once, and it takes a long time to lose it. In fact, Liverpool still have remnants of it - but it's turning more into a burden than boost.

They are a great team, but a good 30% of the battle is lost in the minds of opponents.

The formula for their success is so obvious. They buy the best players from other teams in the league, and supplement with value signings from overseas and talented players brought through the youth ranks.

Yup they don't over complicate football, it isn't needed in this league. Ferguson hasn't built side after side it's merely been an evolution much like triggers brush having new handles and new heads it's still his same brush just completely different. They supplement sales and losses with 20 million pound players. Buy good players an you have a chance.

It's a combination of their belief and the opposition's belief (or lack of).

Most teams fear the comeback... they go into panic mode at 2-1 and the inevitable happens. It's tragic and see, but that's what you earn with 20 years of dominance.

It probably earns them 10 points a season, which is a fair bit.

I'd agree with anybody who says Ferguson and United are loathsome, but only a fool would claim they are crap in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Heartbreaking for Villa, but they put up a fight. A draw would have felt about right (to me).

Spot on in saying it's a combination of United's belief and the other team's fear. I imagine everyone watching that match thought it would finish 2-3 as soon as United got one back because it's happened so many times and if we think like that then it's no surprise footballers do. The other top teams just don't impose the same fear and if it had been City or Chelsea I doubt Villa would have spent the last 20 minutes doing exactly what they shouldn't do in defending deeper and deeper and inviting non-stop pressure.

Plus it's Villa who seem to exist purely to give United 6 points a season. Even when they were decent a few years back they still constantly rolled over against United so it's not really any surprise they did it again now they've gone really shit. One team I would quite happily see relegated.

Lots of teams get over excited at the prospect of beating United, the last 10 minutes are where they start their giddy panic mode, and United pile on the pressure.

Understandable, but irritating.

Pisshead going to apologise for his 'disgraceful' all over gesture?

Thought not, the horrible cunt.

Yeah I saw that. Difference is we won't say anything. No-one will.

Maybe Jonjo should do our press conferences. He'd fucking say what needed saying!