You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The '2012 London Olympics' Thread

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Guest Pistonbroke

Bloody hell, 6 new WR's on the trot, a Gold medal and they dry bummed the American women there...Doffs cap...absolutely stunning ride.

Bloody hell, 6 new WR's on the trot, a Gold medal and they dry bummed the American women there...Doffs cap...absolutely stunning ride.

GB really rule the track cycling world, don't they? Stunning.

Regarding the "walking", isn't it that both feet have to be in contact with the road/track at all times? I guess that funny style they come up with is the fastest you can go without lifted a foot off.

Guest Pistonbroke
GB really rule the track cycling world, don't they? Stunning.

Regarding the "walking", isn't it that both feet have to be in contact with the road/track at all times? I guess that funny style they come up with is the fastest you can go without lifted a foot off.

Indeed...that is why they reduced the teams/team members in each event to one starter...otherwise we'd have most of the silvers as well.

Guest Pistonbroke
Aye, I remember they shafted Hoy by changing the rules. No doubt they'll change more!

Maybe they should do the same in all events....or is it only the events we are good at, Rowing is another event which springs to mind. I noticed they don't tamper with the swimming, table tennis, badminton etc...i wonder why.

Our track cycling squad are incredible, the best thing is that with the incremental improvements they've been making over the last 10 years or so, sustained excellence like this isn't even surprising any more.

Still to come we have the women's omnium in which Laura Trott is the world champion, the men's keirin in which Chris Hoy is the world champion, the women's sprint in which Vicky Pendleton is the world champion and the men's sprint in which Jason Kenny is the world champion, although I'm expecting Baugé to win that.

Aye, I remember they shafted Hoy by changing the rules. No doubt they'll change more!

I know what you mean but he didn't really lose the chance to defend his sprint title because of the rule change, he lost it because Kenny has been the better rider. OK there's only one place but if Hoy had been sprinting better he'd have got it.

Guest Pistonbroke
That the pisshead neighbour bringing down the area?

Only had 5 pints of cider mate....tasting lovely...be a few more before the night is done. You finished work now Col?