You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

If we had FSG in charge on that date May 25th 2005 would have been about one thing and one thing only for the people that run this club.

Getting back into the Champions League.

People can spin it whatever way they want but they are leeches out to line their pockets just like the last lot only doing it a different way.

It embarrasses me that people were cheering them in to Anfield as much as they were cheering the last parasites out.

They weren't cheered in like that imo. It was more a matter of relief and gloating in the defeat of G&H.

Maybe we recall differently but I do recall a lot of people lapping up PR exercises about them being a different type of American owners, the success of Boston and our similarity to them and bullshit about Liverpool supporting staff members persuading them to buy us. There are still people now saying we should thank them for rescuing us from Hicks and Gillett. We owe them nothing.

They bought us to make money and they will make their money no matter who they need to trample on to get it.

Maybe we recall differently but I do recall a lot of people lapping up PR exercises about them being a different type of American owners, .....

They are a different kind of owners.

They bought us to make money and they will make their money no matter who they need to trample on to get it.

Maybe they will, I'm not so sure.

would love to go back and see who "dreaded" the thought of rich arabs taking over the club, who moaned about how us becoming rich owners play things would ruin us as a club, see how they feel now.

I think that i could handle the pain.

dont talk bollix, it doesnt, you never give it a seconds thought, it popped into your head seconds before you wrote it here.

I commented as much when they took over.

If I want someone to fail to read my mind and to talk on my behalf with opinions that resemble my shite after a night on the Guinness then I'll make sure I give you a shout.

would love to go back and see who "dreaded" the thought of rich arabs taking over the club, who moaned about how us becoming rich owners play things would ruin us as a club, see how they feel now.

Well, I think most people bemoaning the clueless Arabs/ oil thieves/ whatever do so mainly because they really wish Liverpool had billionaire owners who would bankroll success.

I know I do. It would be ace.

Liverpool fans have a cause for concern

Monday, May 28, 2012 at 10:01 AM | MORE ON THIS BLOG: Sunday League's Finest

Liverpool fans have become disillusioned at the recent events that have occurred at their football club. So much so that fans union Spirit of Shankly (SOS) have written to owners Fenway Sports Group calling on them to provide “clear leadership and direction” to dispel fears that the club is in “disarray”.

In the correspondence sent to principal owner John W. Henry, chairman Tom Werner and managing director Ian Ayre, SOS also urged them to improve communication with supporters.

Liverpool fans believe that they receive little information about major decisions that a being made; something that isn’t helped with the departure of the head of communications at the club.

SOS, which has around 50,000 members, acted after Kenny Dalglish became the latest victim of FSG’s extensive clear-out which has left the Reds without either a manager or a director of football.

“We are writing to you as we are concerned about the current situation that our football club finds itself in,” it reads.

“It is a time of worry for supporters, not just because of the huge changes and the transformation that is happening in such a short time frame but the manner in which it is happening.

“It may be that yourselves and the board of Liverpool Football Club have a vision you are working towards. It may be that you have implemented a strategy to deliver that vision and decisions are being made to work towards this.

“However, from the outside where supporters find themselves once again, it looks like a football club in disarray. Confusion and chaos seems to reign and no-one is coming out of this with much credit, particularly the football club’s image and brand.

“We need clear and pro-active communication, a confident message about the club’s plans that breeds confidence amongst supporters that we are moving in the right direction. Instead, we have silence and a lack of information or understanding on decisions being made.

Ayre explained last week that not even winning the FA Cup would have saved Dalglish as his future depended on the Reds’ Premier League form.

This is a massive statement from Ian Ayre. So if Dalglish had won the F.A cup he still would have been shown the door!? How can a manager, in his first full season, win the club’s first two trophies (out of a possible three) since 2006, still get the sack!?

In their letter SOS expressed fears that cash generated from Champions League qualification has now surpassed clinching silverware in importance.

It’s evident that the club now believes that making money from Champions League qualification is now much more important than winning silverware. When a player retires, he will be asked about the trophies that he won not how many times he qualified for the Champion League.

Liverpool fans were also offended when the official Liverpool twitter page asked the supporters who they think should be the next manager. At a time when many fans were fuming over the dismissal of ‘King Kenny,’ to be faced with this question was infuriating and unprofessional.

What Liverpool fans need more than anything right now is an official statement from the club. As supporters they need to know why these decisions are being made and be assured that FSG have a plan.

With the history that Liverpool has, circumstances like this shouldn’t be happening at the club. Everyone needs to be pulling in the right direction and supporters must be informed immediately why decision are being made especially when it concerns the sacking of a club legend.

Liverpool fans have a cause for concern - Football Blogs, Have Your Own Football Blog - FootballFriendsonline.com

Really think people are being far too hysterical and dramatic over what is essentially absolutely nothing at the moment. Last time I checked no one has the job, no appointments have been made. Anything out there now is just conjecture. The media are clueless hence new names being banded about every day. The only concrete info we know is we have spoken to Martinez thanks to big gob Whelan. Let's just wait and see how things pan out before we start absolutely crucifying FSG. We cannot make any judgements at this point.

Well, I think most people bemoaning the clueless Arabs/ oil thieves/ whatever do so mainly because they really wish Liverpool had billionaire owners who would bankroll success.

I know I do. It would be ace.

Nah, it would feel hollow and shit.

Really think people are being far too hysterical and dramatic over what is essentially absolutely nothing at the moment. Last time I checked no one has the job, no appointments have been made.

I don't think that's exactly reassuring. Some might be happy to sit back and assume that the buttoned-collar boffins at FSG are moving in mysterious ways before performing wonders. Fair enough. Others, on the other hand, will be feeling very anxious and perplexed at the apparent absence of any plausible and encouraging plan. That's fair enough, too.

Nah, it would feel hollow and shit.

Hollow and shit? Being half way through building 'new Anfield' in Stanley Park and being able to compete on financial equal footing with the likes of Tottenham, Chelsea and Man City?

Just out of curiosity, how do you feel these days?

I don't think that's exactly reassuring. Some might be happy to sit back and assume that the buttoned-collar boffins at FSG are moving in mysterious ways before performing wonders. Fair enough. Others, on the other hand, will be feeling very anxious and perplexed at the apparent absence of any plausible and encouraging plan. That's fair enough, too.

I totally agree and it's understandable people having doubts and concerns because I have them to. But at the moment we know nothing of what's going on. We have been without a manager less than 2 weeks, they tell us they have top people advising them on the decisions being made, they may have already been made. It's my opinion that the DoF will surely be having a big hand in the manager decision. But my point is we have always asked for behind closed doors business and barring Whelans gob that's what it is. Everything is pure speculation at this point, and we should at least wait and see how the coming weeks pan out before they're labelled as the new H + G as I've saw some people doing.

Hollow and shit? Being half way through building 'new Anfield' in Stanley Park and being able to compete on financial equal footing with the likes of Tottenham, Chelsea and Man City?

I was being sarcastic.

Shit, Yes. Hollow, no.

No matter how bad a season we have just had I honestly think some of the City fans and players know that in a round about way they paid for that title.

I think thats what Torres is feeling now, not only does he feel shit but he feels hollow. He lost and sold his soul and even the CL couldnt make him as happy as he was at Athletico and Liverpool.

So we fucking hate how all our business was done in public under H&G and we now hate how all our business is done in complete privacy by H&W?

Sometimes I forget when I’m supposed to be angry and when I’m supposed to be happy……

We may end up with cause for disgust, but lets wait and see.