You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

London pubs

skowser

Not sure, just been passing through there most of the time, but jump on the Jubilee line and you will not be far away from one.

I'm sure someone with a better knowledge of London pubs will be able to give you some good advice though.

Don't know about the area you said but if you go to Borough which is on the Nothern Line go right when you go out the tube station 200m up the road. A bar called Ruse on the corner will be jam packed full of reds, the owner is a scouse red and its like the un official pub of the London LFC supporters branch.

I can recommend Ruse as I've been there for Liverpool matches in the past, the last one being the CC Final. The owner is a massive red and it will be jammed full with Liverpool supporters. I would have gone there if I didn't get a ticket.

Not sure about the Canada Water/Canary Wharf area for Liverpool pubs.

Don't know about the area you said but if you go to Borough which is on the Nothern Line go right when you go out the tube station 200m up the road. A bar called Ruse on the corner will be jam packed full of reds, the owner is a scouse red and its like the un official pub of the London LFC supporters branch.

I do know Canary Wharf and Canada Water as I used to work round there, and it is shit for pubs in general, shitter for pubs showing footy, and especially shit at the weekends as it is dead. Whilst I have not been to Ruse to see a game, I know of it, and you can get there from Canary Wharf/Canada Water easily on the Jubilee line to London Bridge, then change for the Northern Line to Borough which is one stop. Or you could get off at London Bridge and walk it in no more than 7 or 8 minutes at a guess, just make sure you leave at the Borough High Street exit rather than the mainline station exit.

Famous 3 Kings in Hammersmith always used to be a good pub for the match. the landlord was a red, not sure now though.

This is a great pub for footy, especially on Champs League nights as it has 30 screens or something ridiculous like that in various different rooms, and shows all the games with updates from the landlord on each game through the speakers.

It is a long way from Canary Wharf though

Extra Time in barbican was always a good pub for reds, haven't been there in awhile though. The thing is though Canada Water/canary wharf don't really do major pubs from what ive seen.

Used to go there as it was round the corner from my Uni, although I didn't really like it to be honest, was too narrow. closed down 4 or 5 years ago though I think. Last time I went past I think it was a Pret a Manger

I do know Canary Wharf and Canada Water as I used to work round there, and it is shit for pubs in general, shitter for pubs showing footy, and especially shit at the weekends as it is dead. Whilst I have not been to Ruse to see a game, I know of it, and you can get there from Canary Wharf/Canada Water easily on the Jubilee line to London Bridge, then change for the Northern Line to Borough which is one stop. Or you could get off at London Bridge and walk it in no more than 7 or 8 minutes at a guess, just make sure you leave at the Borough High Street exit rather than the mainline station exit.

I live in Canada Water and this man's advice is spot on. Head to London Bridge and walk down to Ruse. If that is packed out, try Roxy Bar and Screen on Borough High Street which has a massive screen and decent beers. You won't find anything in the Canada Water / Canary Wharf area at all

Now that you're sorted out for the pub on Sat, rather than start a separate thread, I thought I'd hijack tis one to ask, what about those of us going to the game?

Any designated pubs for us on Saturday like at the CC Final?

I'd like to know that myself.

Just done a bit of googling and it looks like there are designated pubs for reds and blues despite objections from many fans and supporter groups, as obviously some families and friends have split allegiances but still want to have a drink together before the game.

The red ones are near Wembley Park tube. The First Class Sports Bar on Wembley Park Drive is specifically mentioned so I'm heading there to meet up with some of my mates.

The pubs in Wembley are all shite. There's one directly outside Baker St but I guess 12-45 KO you'll struggle.

For those looking for a decent sports pub in London The Famous 3 Kings is a decent call. Sport from around the planet all day in various bars around the pub. Massive place and a good drink as well.