You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

There is no use just having players with pace to burn. You need them to have game intelligence on and off the ball aswell. Otherwise you'll just end up with a bunch of headless chickens running around the field. And God knows we've had enough of them in our time ie. Babel, Cisse, Pennant etc.....

Aaron Lennon and Walcott have very little but pace and both are important players for sides that are better than us. We counter at a snails pace, letting the other side get back every time.

At this moment in time, I wouldn't say no to a few rabbits.

but all it takes with a player like that is one bad injury and lose their pace and they are then pretty much non league standard

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Aaron Lennon and Walcott have very little but pace and both are important players for sides that are better than us. We counter at a snails pace, letting the other side get back every time.

At this moment in time, I wouldn't say no to a few rabbits.

Walcott has much more than pace.

but all it takes with a player like that is one bad injury and lose their pace and they are then pretty much non league standard

That's a risk you take. Most players that get an injury that bad, won't be good enough for us again anyway, I know some would still keep a good value tho.

The main problem is players with pace and high footballing intelligence, or whatever you want to call it, cost a fucking bomb, and are wanted by loads of clubs. Unless we can unearth a gem somewhere, you can rule a player like that out.

Billy Liddell ‏@Liddellpool

SSN:Gylfi has already passed a Tottenham medical.

Expand

Retweet

Favorite

5m Billy Liddell Billy Liddell ‏@Liddellpool

‪#rumour‬ LFC are set to miss out on imposing striker Lacina Traore, who is set to join Anzhi Makhachkala.

Expand

Retweet

Favorite

7m Billy Liddell Billy Liddell ‏@Liddellpool

BBC Gossip: Liverpool have fallen behind Juventus in the race to sign 21-year-old Uruguayan sensation Gaston Ramirez from Bologna.

Expand

Retweet

Favorite

Expand

Good luck to him, I suspect Brendan Rodgers is more disappointed than I am.

‪#rumour‬ LFC are set to miss out on imposing striker Lacina Traore, who is set to join Anzhi Makhachkala.

Meh - not arsed - if he goes there it suggests his priorities are all cash-related, so no great loss.

BBC Gossip: Liverpool have fallen behind Juventus in the race to sign 21-year-old Uruguayan sensation Gaston Ramirez from Bologna.

Like the way BBC and other media always portray someone we might miss out on as a 'sensation', but if we look like securing the same player he will be portrayed as having 'potential' but is 'a huge gamble'.

That's not ripped it's just skinny,the arl bastard with the pout looks more ripped.

Is there a club a big club that's as shit as Liverpool with transfers. By shit I mean missing out on targets buying overrated shite, buying shite, getting completely ripped off, selling short. Does anyone feel we are trying to dictate to the market what's Acceptable wages because we will lose that battle.

That bit about Ramirez is from Talksport and just reported on the BBC Gossip page, didn't they insist Rodgers wouldn't be our Manager?

I am sure Juventus are a more attractive proposition than us, but they don't play with a winger/attackign midfielder and they are looking for an out and out striker first (it seems).

Gaston looks like he is freinds with Luis which will be a huge advantage, I think I would take Ramierez, Moses, Kalou, Castaignos and a CM (that Feyenoord lad), we should be ble to afford that.

I'd much prefer Belhanda or Appelay above Moses, but I don't think it will happen.

Expand

Good luck to him, I suspect Brendan Rodgers is more disappointed than I am.

Meh - not arsed - if he goes there it suggests his priorities are all cash-related, so no great loss.

Like the way BBC and other media always portray someone we might miss out on as a 'sensation', but if we look like securing the same player he will be portrayed as having 'potential' but is 'a huge gamble'.

That must be the most depressing "Liverpool" supporters twitter account you could ever get. All doom mongering. the holder must sift through anything Liverpool related, choose the most depressing bits, and add ten kilos of shit on it.

That must be the most depressing "Liverpool" supporters twitter account you could ever get. All doom mongering. the holder must sift through anything Liverpool related, choose the most depressing bits, and add ten kilos of shit on it.

What is miserable bastard he is. He hasn't even tweeted any of the signings we've made!

(Gylfi aside)

Unsubstantiated Speculation and Gossip Given some form of credibility by further speculation and gossip....and the cycle continues.....

Our lack of public progress is making people desperate to believe anything!

Its a complete contradiction to what was going on with the Manager debacle.

All were saying that it should be done behind close doors, when it is people are starved for information; transfer speculations included.

Welcome to the modern day fan.

19dh-3.jpg

Not sure if you heard of this fellow but Brendan could be an instant legend if he made this man his first signing. If all gets desperate, one year left on his contract, bit of a handful failed at other clubs, money ball, maybe avail on a loan as he fell out with his club.

"Following the 3–0 defeat to Spanish side Atlético Madrid in the first leg of Europa League, Quaresma had a alteration with manager Carlos Carvalhal when the incident happened in the dressing room at half-time after Carvalhal put off Quaresma for İsmail Köybaşı much to his dismay as he did not take the news lightly and began throwing water bottles, before launching a stinging attack at Carvalhal. Quarsema allegedly said "I brought you here, you just think of yourself," the former Inter and Barcelona star. If I was not here, you [Carvalhal] would not be here. You can not remove me from the match because you're nothing." This incident with Carvalhal led the club suspended Quarsema from playing indefinitely.[21]"

19dh-3.jpg

Not sure if you heard of this fellow but Brendan could be an instant legend if he made this man his first signing. If all gets desperate, one year left on his contract, bit of a handful failed at other clubs, money ball, maybe avail on a loan as he fell out with his club.

"Following the 3–0 defeat to Spanish side Atlético Madrid in the first leg of Europa League, Quaresma had a alteration with manager Carlos Carvalhal when the incident happened in the dressing room at half-time after Carvalhal put off Quaresma for İsmail Köybaşı much to his dismay as he did not take the news lightly and began throwing water bottles, before launching a stinging attack at Carvalhal. Quarsema allegedly said "I brought you here, you just think of yourself," the former Inter and Barcelona star. If I was not here, you [Carvalhal] would not be here. You can not remove me from the match because you're nothing." This incident with Carvalhal led the club suspended Quarsema from playing indefinitely.[21]"

actually thought he did alright the few times he played when on loan at Chelsea, still wouldn't go near him mind