You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Sounds promising then. Do we know why Madrid are letting him go (or is it just a loan deal)?

I don't think they are, but he didn't get much playing time (was injured pretty bad almost half season I think) and then he played some pretty good games but he wants to play 90min every game. If he will go somwhere I believe it will be a loan deal not a permanent one, he's a great player when healthy. Just a few facts and my opinion, so I don't know if there is any truth in these rumors..

Fuck it, I'm choosing to believe we're going to sign Sahin and Walcott. And Dempsey as back-up.

Until any of you cunts prove otherwise, that's what's happening.

Not saying I believe it per se, but I reckon that's the way we're looking to go. I think there's going to be brinksmanship with Fulham until the end of the window about Dempsey but I think we're trying to get Sahin in and Walcott ticks a lot of boxes and is out of contract next summer.

In fact, considering the hoo haa over RVP, Walcott's contract situation has been very quiet. My mate does some legal work for a couple of the London clubs and he says as of Friday, no firm offer had been made from Arsenal to Walcott.

I still would feel a little underwhelmed if we signed him for a big fee. Reminds me a bit of Forlan, but not playing in the same striker position and therefore not too effective elsewhere on the field.

Another thing, does Ramirez feel like a Rodgers signing to you? Weren't we interested in this lad under Kenny? It's just a bit of an odd one, he seems too 'floaty' for a Rodgers attacker, not great pace nor skill, just a 'nice' player with a free kick.

I'd rather we bought Dempsey, I honestly would. You can't train that sort of confidence and determination into a player, he's just a cunt and you know he's always likely to score against you, and I want that sort of player in our front three from time to time. He'd fill a Bellamy-sized hole.

Another thing with Ramirez, is that we seem to be the only clubs seriously after him. You'd think with the rave reviews of that lad that he'd be head-hunted across the continent, but it seems we have a clear run-up. Again, you have to ask why that is.

£18m...that could tempt a lot of clubs to listen to offers for a big player...it may not be that we got the player for £18m it could be a couple of million more or less, but it buys you a good chance.

Gourcuff

Bastos

Remy

Higuain

Soldado

Munain

Pedro

Canales

Afellay

Eriksen

Villa

Dzagoev

James Rodriguez

But how many of those are we likely to attract in our current position?

True, which is why we are aiming for a younger age group.

Not that list does not contain its young stars.

Plus, we are still a big club playing in Europe next season, with a prospect of winning trophies.

Anyone remember this:

UEFA Cup Final: Liverpool hit treble top - Telegraph

Gourcuff

Bastos

Remy

Higuain

Soldado

Munain

Pedro

Canales

Afellay

Eriksen

Villa

Dzagoev

James Rodriguez

But how many of those are we likely to attract in our current position?

There's the thing. But considering the fuss over this Ramirez, you'd have thought the same about him as well. Perhaps he isnt interested at all?

We've got a couple of links though, perhaps Pepe can convince the Spanish lads to make a go of it in England, and not forgetting that David Silva and De Gea are living nearby, it could be decisive?

Eriksen, the dane. Agger is Mr Denmark, and then there's the Suarez link having played together at Ajax where he was a legend and club captain.

For example.

I don't buy the Ramirez stuff for what it's worth. I get what you're saying about the other players, but I honestly would be surprised if we signed Ramirez.

Is this Ramirez a proper winger.

Can he beat players for pace and skill and put in accurate crosses?

Can he take a good corner (God we need someone who can do this)?

Is he even interested in a move?

Walcott?

Pace, yes.

Skill, questionable.

Crossing, above average?

Corners, not a clue.

Is there anyone avaible that ticks those boxes?

Is this Ramirez a proper winger.

Can he beat players for pace and skill and put in accurate crosses?

Can he take a good corner (God we need someone who can do this)?

Is he even interested in a move?

Walcott?

Pace, yes.

Skill, questionable.

Crossing, above average?

Corners, not a clue.

Is there anyone avaible that ticks those boxes?

Does Rodgers want his "wingers" to put in crosses? Doesn't seem so to me seeing as he usually plays a right-footer on the left and a left-footer on the right. Think he wants them to cut inside more often than run to the byline, and that the fullbacks provide the crosses.

But Agger was only available for 45% of the games we've had while he's been with us. Don't you think it might go through the managers mind that if he can Get £25 mill for that sort of playing record he could significantly improve the team?

Do you want to turn down £25 Mill and keep Agger knowing the likelyhood is that we will only get a 50% availability from him?

Don't get me wrong, if we could guarantee 100% playing attendance for Agger there's no way we should even think of getting rid - however, he's 28 this year and there's no reason to expect or even think that his injury record will improve is there?

Stevie G has only plaid in 50% in the last two seasons. Would you sell him?

I mean he is 32 now and his percentage of playing time is likely only to decrease.....

PS. Twat

What is the over/under on Tony using the tried and true "takes one to know one" retort before the first game kicks off. I got him at about six right now and think he could reach double digits.

I've bought at 12.

The frustrating thing is a comma should come after 'one' as well as before 'lad'.

Tony, if you're reading, can you make this little adjustment, please? Ta.

What is the over/under on Tony using the tried and true "takes one to know one" retort before the first game kicks off. I got him at about six right now and think he could reach double digits.

He's shit, isn't he?

Unfortunately, I think poor old Tone thinks he's fulfilling some kind of grizzled, terse, laconic, almost Eastwood-esque role in the Forum.

But I don't remember Clint playing a boring spastic.