You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

A lot of people on here need to wake up and smell the coffee. We are no longer in a position to be bringing in class A players. Firstly because players are mercenary bastards , and there will always be teams who will offer more money, and secondly because we can't offer champions league football.Clint Dempsey, Borini etc fall into the category of players that we can attract and afford.There will be no marquee signings, get the fuck used to it ! Cross your fingers, hope we make the top for in May, then we can look at bringing in a couple of the big boys.

A lot of people on here need to wake up and smell the coffee. We are no longer in a position to be bringing in class A players. Firstly because players are mercenary bastards , and there will always be teams who will offer more money, and secondly because we can't offer champions league football.Clint Dempsey, Borini etc fall into the category of players that we can attract and afford.There will be no marquee signings, get the fuck used to it ! Cross your fingers, hope we make the top for in May, then we can look at bringing in a couple of the big boys.

Spurs aren't in Champions league but they have bought Vertonghen who has left a Champions League club and are chasing Moutinho and could well sign him if they stump up the cash. So why the fuck are we linked with a journeyman like Dempsey who is nearly 30?

The club lack ambition, pure and simple. Another summer where we are buying mid-table gash. See you in tenth place next May.

Spurs aren't in Champions league but they have bought Vertonghen who has left a Champions League club and are chasing Moutinho and could well sign him if they stump up the cash. So why the fuck are we linked with a journeyman like Dempsey who is nearly 30?

The club lack ambition, pure and simple. Another summer where we are buying mid-table gash. See you in tenth place next May.

Absolute bollocks.

Vertonghen ? are you telling me he is world class? just because he played in team in the CL. Does that make Djimi Traore and Igor Biscan world class ?

Fucks sake, get a grip lad ! This is the same spurs that are about to lose their best player cos they are not in the CL. Some of you cunts are unbelievable. A few years ago you were moaning about the way the club was being run and the debt, now you are bitching because we are buying within our means. I fucking despair.

Have to agree with Skend04 here.

We have the money and the history to attract good players. Fair enough we are not going to be competing with Real Madrid, Barca, Chelsea or Man City for players out right. But the premier league is a draw, Liverpool FC is a draw and we pay high wages. Players from a lot of teams around Europe would love to come here.

Seeing how Joe Cole is being given another opportunity to prove himself, and bearing in mind his age, is it feasible that Rodgers may invite Michael Owen back to Anfield (on Rodger's terms) with Owen still in need a of a Premiership club??? If Carroll and Bellamy move on (loans etc) Owen may be short stop gap for our potential striker shortcomings.

What would peeps reactions be, if Owen arrived back here?

Seeing how Joe Cole is being given another opportunity to prove himself, and bearing in mind his age, is it feasible that Rodgers may invite Michael Owen back to Anfield (on Rodger's terms) with Owen still in need a of a Premiership club??? If Carroll and Bellamy move on (loans etc) Owen may be short stop gap for our potential striker shortcomings.

I didn't want the little judas shitsmurf years ago... and he's utter fucking dogshit now...

WHY THE FUCK DO YOU WANT HIM?!

My reaction would be : "Fuck off you Manc cunt!!"

No way way I would accept to let that injury prone little prick ever wear a Liverpool shirt again. I fucking loved him back in the days but that love is far gone now. I actually despise him now.

Even if I put that aside I dont see how he could improve us as a team. He is always injured and has lost his pace. He is finished at this level. Fuck him. Bring on Adam Morgan instead.

I didn't want the little judas shitsmurf years ago... and he's utter fucking dogshit now...

WHY THE FUCK DO YOU WANT HIM?!

Oh no, I never said I wanted him...I'm making an observation about his situation, and whether Rodgers would see him as a possible opportunity to get a cheap striker. Apparently Owen is absolutely ruling out championship football, and is desperate to remain in the Prem.

I no, I never said I wanted him...I'm making an observation about his situation, and whether Rodgers would see him as a possible opportunity to get a cheap striker. Apparently Owen is absolutely ruling out championship football, and is desperate to remain in the Prem.

Fuck you for mentioning that little cunt, to be honest.

If go fucking spare if that little teat was brought back.Its always him first,then England them his horses then whatever club he plays for.

He fucked us over with his contract and left for peanuts,then he wouldn't dig his heals in to come back and went to the barcodes and shat in them.Them to top it off his joins the twats.

Fuck him and his horses

Absolute bollocks.

Vertonghen ? are you telling me he is world class? just because he played in team in the CL. Does that make Djimi Traore and Igor Biscan world class ?

Fucks sake, get a grip lad ! This is the same spurs that are about to lose their best player cos they are not in the CL. Some of you cunts are unbelievable. A few years ago you were moaning about the way the club was being run and the debt, now you are bitching because we are buying within our means. I fucking despair.

Oh fuck off. Bar the fact he is actually half decent and has champs league experience where did i say he is world class? You need to get a grip, especially if you think our ambition should be to replace Kuyt with a Kuyt-a-like.

I hope they do sign Moutinho for £31m.

You bell.

Give it a fucking rest.... This bleating about CL football being the be all and end all is bollocks.....

If we had owners with a little ambition who are willing to pay what other top teams are paying then we have as good a shot as most teams in the world to buy any player we want! FFS Spurs are not in the CL next year, yet they are still attracting players...

Jovetic and Ramirez are two player I would think we would be perfectly able to buy if the owners by their PR yap about CL football...

Instead we are buy cheap youngsters or player nearing the end of their contracts and getting rid of the high earners at the club....

Borini and Dempsey are players I feel improve the squad, but we need a hell of a lot more if we want to compete for a top 4 spot..

Borini and Dempsey are very different classes, IMO.

Borini could turn out to be an absolute steal at his price... but Dempsey, like Downing, will do just like whats on the tin, and anyone thinking otherwise is going to be disappointed.

I wouldn't buy Dempsey at all, except as Squad filler, and I'd be upset with him being a starting player for us.

Borini? I'm fairly excited about the player.

Borini and Dempsey are very different classes, IMO.

Borini could turn out to be an absolute steal at his price... but Dempsey, like Downing, will do just like whats on the tin, and anyone thinking otherwise is going to be disappointed.

I wouldn't buy Dempsey at all, except as Squad filler, and I'd be upset with him being a starting player for us.

Borini? I'm fairly excited about the player.

That is my feelings as well. If you have £30m then don't waste it on players who are never going to improve beyond average, Borini is the right type of buy and that is what we should be spending our money on.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJ1YQT1sfGUb0YXdXAfuHIL5VSarAfpGTwQKx0ZZm6HVRTilt6

Why do some equate supporting a club with blind faith? Nonsensical. We bought mid-table shite last season and are blazing the same trail again. If someone tells me Dempsey will help us up table i'll ask which champs league ambitions club is chasing him also.

I really can't get too upset with Carroll leaving but I do wonder why he hasn't been given the clean slate other players have.

It's all about money isn't it?

I imagine Rodgers likes a different type of forward to Andy ?

And i imagine he'll want our forwards to be able to make fluid transitions from a central position to either wide forward position during games.