You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2011 - How was it for you?

Furmedge

pretty shit really.

came within a whisker of divorce while my mother was dying of cancer. she passed away in april.

spent the whole year trying to keep up with bills, no pay rise for 6th year in a row.i am earning 6k a year less than i was 10 years ago.

lets hope this year goes a little better eh.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty shit for the most part January got made redundant, February my grandad died and the next few months after that didn't really exist for me.

The progress I had made in trying to get back into training has largely been undone and as a result the knees are giving major issues again. Was in agony this morning after a few miles walking and being stood up for a while yesterday. 3 hour drive home didn't help. Fuck knows what they will be like once they are riddled with arthritis.

On the plus side enjoying the part time job I have going and getting decent money for not many hours and despite the motor trade and motorsport parts sales being quite quiet by normal standards I'm still keeping things ticking over and making a profit all be it a smaller one than I would have hoped.

From September onwards was the best time of my entire life. I travelled alone around Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, and Australia, couple of stop offs in Singapore and Hong Kong too.

Met some truly inspiring people and made some friends for life. Saw some fantastic sights and also some truly horrific things while in 'nam and Cambodia. All part of the experience.

Can't explain how good this period of my life was. I was mostly drunk though so that might explain a few things.

I'm currently in work on NYE and don't give a shit what they throw at me tonight, because I can look back on my memories and smile, nobody can take them away from me.

Saving hard so I can see more of the world next year and I'll probably fuck off a ridiculously good wage and stable job. There's more to life than work.

2011 was fucking awesome. Emigrated to Australia, met a load of ace people and am really looking forward to 2012.

Where I work there seem to be a few people who like to masterbate a bit too much but I'm getting paid a decent amount, so fuck them.

Peace out.

2011 was fucking awesome. Emigrated to Australia, met a load of ace people and am really looking forward to 2012.

Where I work there seem to be a few people who like to masterbate a bit too much but I'm getting paid a decent amount, so fuck them.

Peace out.

The wages in Oz are awesome, eh?

From September onwards was the best time of my entire life. I travelled alone around Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, and Australia, couple of stop offs in Singapore and Hong Kong too.

Met some truly inspiring people and made some friends for life. Saw some fantastic sights and also some truly horrific things while in 'nam and Cambodia. All part of the experience.

Can't explain how good this period of my life was. I was mostly drunk though so that might explain a few things.

I'm currently in work on NYE and don't give a shit what they throw at me tonight, because I can look back on my memories and smile, nobody can take them away from me.

Saving hard so I can see more of the world next year and I'll probably fuck off a ridiculously good wage and stable job. There's more to life than work.

If I remember correctly you had a mate who was in critical condition, how is he now?

Decent year, spent some time in Paris and also decompressed in the Canadian Boreal Forest with just a tent, a Hibachi and a fuck load of cold beer.

Got two daughters in university and not pregnant. Little mouthy at times but as I told the wife if thats all we got to bitch aboot than we've done something right.

I'm happy and optmistic about 2012.

If I remember correctly you had a mate who was in critical condition, how is he now?

Nice one, Yoz'.

He's out of hospital, had a few bevvies with him the day I got back, but he was a bit spaced and hasn't really been out of the house much. Got him out again on boxing day and he seemed better.

Apparently he's improving all the time, but his short term memory ain't the best.

One of my mates watched the boxing at his house, 3 days later he went back round and Si was asking him if he watched the boxing. 'I watched it with you, you dickhead', was a pretty apt reply.

It's good for us as we can take the piss and tell him he's done stuff and he believes us.

He ain't lost his sense of humour either, someone else was round his house and talking about going home, Si didn't want him to go, but stood up to let him out, the lad was all 'sit down Si, I'll let myself out' and all that.

Next thing Si pretended to take a funny turn and fall over. The lad shit himself 'til Si started laughing.

Lad called him a cunt and left.

Cheers for asking, mate. Am glad he's on the mend, when he's fully right I'll slap him silly for concerning me at the start of my trip.

Bitch, we got to swap travelling stories dude, interested in where you went to and what you got up to. Also planning on heading to Vietnam next year and doing the Top Gear motorbike thing.

Dude, let's make it happen.

I was with a couple of guys who bought motorbikes in Ho Chi Minh and spent 3 weeks travelling up to Hanoi. Some great tales for you.

Bloody hard work, finally beginning to see what it was all for. Business is doing well (touch wood) and will hopefully continue to grow in 2012.

Did some really excellent stuff in 2011. Had trips to Dublin, Rome, Paris, Normandy, Wales, South of France and Monaco. Also a few nice weekends away closer to home - London a few times, Yorkshire, Peak District, Brighton a couple of times to see our Dirk. Seen some brilliant concerts and shows including Take That and Paul McCartney.

Year has ended on a bit of a sour note. Had a small op a couple of weeks ago and have spent Christmas and New Year waiting for biopsy results. Still waiting. I'm a bit nervous about looking forward to the new year until I've had some news. Whatever happens, I've got amazing kids, great family and friends and a truly wonderful man and life doesn't get much better than that.

Well it's been a mixture of shite and unbelievably amazing...

In terms of the shite, I was made redundant in April when my wife was 8 months pregnant, and my wife has lost her job while she was on maternity leave because her post has been made redundant.

Amazing? Well, the birth of my first daughter in May was pretty spectacular, and she has been a source of constant joy and pleasure ever since.

I also managed to get not one but two jobs before my notice period was up, so I got my pay-off and walked straight into a significantly less pressurised job which is nearer to home and gives me more time with my wife and little girl. It's a little less money, but it's all swings and roundabouts.

My wife also secured another job before her notice period was up, so also got her pay-off and will start in her new post in a week. She's really not looking forward to leaving our daughter in nursery, but unfortunately we simply can't afford to not have two wages coming in.

Finally, my Dad was given the all-clear at the beginning of the year after having been treated for cancer, and so far all his checks have been fine.

Reading some of the stuff that others have been through this year my issues seem like small potatoes, but it wasn't a lot of fun at the time...

Here's hoping everyone has a happy and healthy 2012!

Decent year, spent some time in Paris and also decompressed in the Canadian Boreal Forest with just a tent, a Hibachi and a fuck load of cold beer.

Got two daughters in university and not pregnant. Little mouthy at times but as I told the wife if thats all we got to bitch aboot than we've done something right.

I'm happy and optmistic about 2012.

This is relevant to my interests.

Mine was so-so really. Had the best holiday of my life in Vegas, best time of my life probably thinking about it, and topped it off with NYE in Amsterdam. I also finally found a writing partner who I click with and have finally started churning out scripts after years of telling myself I would, and have already had some good feedback.

Started seeing some bird but that steadily fizzled out over the course of the year really, going from having her chasing me and putting out, to 'I've been hurt in the past' style comments and her acting much more standoffish. Was never really that arsed anyway though in all honesty.

Work has got steadily shitter, probably not truly shit in terms that most people would understand when they hate their jobs, but it was a dream job and has steadily become much tougher. My head's been wrecked this year after seeing so many friends get binned off, see how the job and the industry is doomed, but knowing that I'm not much good at anything else and can't see any obvious alternative career or training routes. This now occupies most of my thoughts and worries these days.