You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2011 - How was it for you?

Furmedge

So as another year draws to a close I've had a think back to how the 12 months have treated me. I've had the usual ups and downs but as I enter 2012 I'm a lot more positive going into next year as I was last year.

2011 has given me fatherhood for the first time (which is fucking ace), allowed me to be the best man at my brothers wedding where I smashed the speech and I managed to keep my job in difficult times despite very nearly losing it by having to reapply for all our jobs. Along with the good I've invariably had the bad, with the latest setback with the wife being told today her nan has been diagnosed with an aggressive strain of cancer.

Overall, I think I've escaped with a better year than many others with a few heavy bumps along the way. I'm hoping 2012 can move in pretty much the same manner, minus a few of the bigger bumps.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My son was born valentines day, my wife put up with me for another year, the kids are healthy and Dublin won All Ireland, I had a lovely christmas and I'm currently visiting friends in london with the family for the new year, so well happy with that.

Sad point we had to put our 11 year old dog down.

Overall I'm very happy with my lot, as there's a lot more people and people I know well having hard times.

Good luck in 2012 to all of you.

It was a year of two halves, furmedge. First half i was depressed and spent most of my time in bed. Second half i landed on my feet and got as good a job as im ever likely to be in. It's up to me to make sure 2012 is a good year. It's all there for me and if the devil bites my ass it will be my own fault.

Worst year of my life, lost a baby, house got flooded and had to battle the water company for 3 months, work was tough, stress levels went sky high, lots of family arguments and my son was back and forth to doctors. Did my knee ligaments in august which stopped me playing footy and losing weight. Only saving grace was that i kept my job and my friends got me through some tough times. 2012 cant get any worse.

Pretty good year for me. Moved jobs twice, landing on my feet with one I am really enjoying, picked up an adorable cat buddy and moved into a house which I have a part-inheritance in and can commit to doing up. Life-long motorbiking trip to Nevada/Arizona achieved too, if only to remind me how much I really don't think my future lies in this country.

Not bad at all. Hope 2012 is as interesting.

Home life has been great. Not for any particlar reason; just because it's been happy and problem-free.

Work-wise, it's been the worst of my life. However, hopefully things are turning around. It'll be slow and painful but nothing can be as bad as 2011.

Average, which I consider a waste of a year. The back end of 2010 wasn't particularly enjoyable either.

Pretty good year went to Glastonbury, Latitude, Portugal, Scotland, Germany, Laos, Thailand, Cambodia and still got Hogmanay in Edinburgh tomorrow. Also got my eyes lasered. Hoping for an equally good, if not better 2012.

Where you off to?

Average, which I consider a waste of a year. The back end of 2010 wasn't particularly enjoyable either.

Where you off to?

The street party which I don't know a great deal about. My cousin and his missus know the place well and will initiate me. Will you be there?

Home life it's been stunning, no complaints of regrets whatsoever. The Mrs is happy, the family are all good. I have become a runner and did my first half marathon a couple months ago with more runs to come in 2012, joined a new band in the summer and have been busy gigging again most weekends.

Workwise: the most busiest and stressful year to date. It's been relentless to the point I'm still working at home/in my hometown on my Christmas holidays throughout the whole period just to keep up. Nearly lost it earlier in the month until the other half ordered we take a late holiday we couldn't afford simply to de-stress for a week. Got given a payrise as thanks for all the extra hours I've been doing so it's not completely negative and hasn't gone unnoticed.

Its really been mental and it's only going to get busier in 2012 but bring it on!!!!.

All the best to all of you lot.

Best year of life without a doubt.

Started off a tad iffy with being hammered by flu but got better as the weeks wore on.

Got married to a wonderful woman , currently trying to start a family, amazing honeymoon to Rhodes and our lad left school and landed himself an awesome job in an IT firm.

Here's hoping 2012 is just as good.

Happy New Year to you all. Best wishes for health and happiness.

I'm tempted to throw in links to my previous years to show that this year, despite being shite by most accounts was not as bad as the recent previous years.

Actually now i've read this back it's still fucking grim but the good points manage to show the pleasure in it.

Started the year with my wonderful (ex) mother in law being diagnosed with Cancer, my step dad a few weeks later. Both passed away within days of each other in April. Daughter #2's optic neuritis took a big chunk out of us this year spending allot of time in hospital and we now have a diagnosis of neuro myelitis optica hanging over us. Cervical cancer scare for me in september needing biopsy's ect and I'm currently struggling to stop bleeding and retain my uterus.

Positives, which probably make this year out to be rather good.

SKI has been a fucking awesome mate and i absolutely love this site for giving me the privilege of meeting her. Ireland - superb trip, Chester Rocks even with the million kids we had around us still made for a top day.

Massive thanks go out to you forumites, you've never failed to raise a smile even on the shittest of days.

This year I've had some of the best holidays i've ever had. I've managed to get to some amazing gig's, two performances stand out - Newton Faulkner - for a ginge, i'd have his babies. Amazing performance that'll have me smiling for a long time yet. Scala I've been wanting to see these for years and this year i got the chance. I also got to share a bed with the above mate for the night, for which i'm sure i'll be negged for lack of pictures.

2012 - i've already paid for camp bestie tickets, i've booked and almost paid for our first holiday to France for the summer - same place as last year, it was that brilliant we never got any sight seeing done, two weeks in the same place should provide enough time to over kill the area with the plan to do somewhere else next year.

The house i'm in is being upgraded, meaning we have to move out for three months whilst they re-wire, replace plumbing, replace windows, remove the metal container bathroom build an extension and remodel down stairs to be adapted for daughter #2. This is going to be a pain in the arse but ultimately a good thing. Their timing is just shit.

My sister has now taken to joining the rest of the ingrate family in hating my guts, this is also a good thing, it means when she's next on her knees needing me to try and fix her problems i can simply say fuck off.

Father of the year upped his game this year, whilst he never got around to visiting his daughter in hospital, the wedding of the decade meant that he'd had them at least twice as much than previous years. (that's still not allot to you newbies)

I've lost two stone, but reckon I've put half a stone back on over the last couple of weeks.

I had sex this year too, more than once. Ace.