You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Pistonbroke

He played 4 matches and had 6 innings before injuring himself in his 355 against Leicestershire. His other innings were, 19, 53, 32, 8 and 2 (which was his last innings for Surrey after his injury and fucking off to play in the Big Bash down under). Not exactly special against second rate bowlers. 

Leicestershire are the weakest team in county cricket by a mile at the moment too, they've won one championship match all season after failing to win any last season, and this playing their cricket in the second division.

Lifey already said it, Pietersen and England should have been finished the second he was caught out sending those text to his South African mates. The fact he then wrote that book then hammered the nails into the coffin of his England career. How could he walk back in when he betrayed the head of the England team, Strauss, and made clear he can't stand Anderson and Broad, two of our most important players? It will be interesting to see what those two have to say about the gobshite when they finish playing and write their own books. Him and his fellow gobshite cheerleader Piers Morgan also had plenty to say about Cook who is still the captain. It would be completely unfair to expect those fellas to put up with Pietersen and his ego again. There is only one person responsible for Pietersen's exile and he's lying on a beech in Miami.

Guest Pistonbroke

Leicestershire are the weakest team in county cricket by a mile at the moment too, they've won one championship match all season after failing to win any last season, and this playing their cricket in the second division.

Lifey already said it, Pietersen and England should have been finished the second he was caught out sending those text to his South African mates. The fact he then wrote that book then hammered the nails into the coffin of his England career. How could he walk back in when he betrayed the head of the England team, Strauss, and made clear he can't stand Anderson and Broad, two of our most important players? It will be interesting to see what those two have to say about the gobshite when they finish playing and write their own books. Him and his fellow gobshite cheerleader Piers Morgan also had plenty to say about Cook who is still the captain. It would be completely unfair to expect those fellas to put up with Pietersen and his ego again. There is only one person responsible for Pietersen's exile and he's lying on a beech in Miami.

Spot on, plus Piers Morgan is a massive cunt, no wonder him and KP the gob shite are friends. 

Rogers looks ok for the next Test, so that's a relief. Mitch Marsh isn't going anywhere (thank fuck!), sorry Watto *sniggers*  Unfortunately, I can still see Haddin being recalled despite Nevill's impressive debut, as it would be bad PR for a guy's career to be ended on the back of something like he is enduring right now...even though all other indicators suggest it would be the right call otherwise. 

So you cant play Test cricket if you play in Div 2? If it's that easy why was a fuss made, people must be getting 300 every week against Leicester.

Broad and Anderson (along with Swann) are just as big twats as KP, but they are protected. Especially over the Twitter account.

So if the England hierarchy have decided that KP isn't coming back, who made the call on Trott coming back? A huge error in judgement in hindsight.

That's fair comment, it seems it was based on him fancying it again.

Whereas it should have only been after he fancied it and showed some form. He's been in no great shakes in county cricket and a few runs for England A is no marker of being ready for test cricket again.

It would have been very convenient for the ECB if he came back into the batting line up and strengthened the top order though.

KP is the biggest cunt in cricket and that's some going when that includes players like Warner, Watson, Kohli, Harbhajan and Haddin. The whole BCCI and WICB

Won't include Clarke in that list. The way he handled the death of Hughes means I have full respect for the man

Bairstow deserves it. Consistently excellent for his county, and more than did a job when drafted in for England last time. I hope he takes his chance here. Would love to see him succeed and claim a spot.

It's amazing that a man with an average of 47 in an 18 month Test career has been dropped. Ballance's series averages (including the one game he played in Australia, but not the current one since it's still in progress) are: 12.50 -- 67.00 -- 71.85 -- 66.20 -- 9.00. Hell of a fucking bell-curve is that!

Barry Wom makes a really good point about scoring runs in the India series, as India were utter dogshit for most of the Tests. His figures were just as good against the Lankans though, who beat us, and he made some good scores in the Caribbean too. The thing is, I don't remember taking particular note of his technique when watching him last summer. Was he always so static and scratchy? I think I remember thinking his defense was really solid last year, but now I'm not sure. Whatever's going on, I hope his coaches lock him in the nets for a month and try to sort it out.

Not really convinced by Lyth so far, but he should and probably will get the full series at least to show he's up to it. He should have played against the Windies to have more preparation, but... ECB.

• Upvote 2

When you play at the highest level, the very best players and coaches have a good look at your technique and work out plans to get you out. Once you've been exposed others copy until you either improve, or are dropped. That's exactly what has happened to Ballance.

I'm interested to see how Root fairs for the rest of the series, because the Aussies will me smelling blood now. Expect lots of shorts stuff and 4th stumps balls when he first gets to the crease.

Bell at 3 is...

Well, they've basically got out the shovel to dig his grave there. Out of form, struggling for rhythm early in an innings, so let's ... get him in even earlier.

Boycott said it: as fragile as we are, we basically need a third opener batting at three. Especially against this Aussie attack. Is Ian Bell a Test opener? Not even at his best, which is brilliant. Bell at 3 this summer makes as much sense as Trott opening the batting in the spring. Its the triumph of reputation and internal relationships over common sense.

I hope I'm wrong, but id be surprised to see him go past 20 runs if we lose an early wicket at Edgbaston.

I saw the games yesterday... Hong Kong getting 15 off the last five balls to beat the Afghans was a good laugh.

World T20 Qualifier match to be investigated by ACSU

An investigation is to take place into the World T20 Qualifier match between Afghanistan and Hong Kong played at Malahide on Tuesday.

ESPNcricinfo understands that the ICC's Anti-Corruption and Security Unit (ACSU) noticed unusual betting patterns on the game and is to speak to leading betting firms, including Betfair, in an attempt to gain a greater understanding of what occurred.

News of the investigation may take some of the gloss off Hong Kong's five-wicket victory in the first qualifying playoff, which booked them a place at the 2016 World T20 in India.

The match has not eliminated Afghanistan, though. They play Papua New Guinea on Thursday in the third qualifying playoff.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-world-twenty20-qualifier-2015/content/story/902277.html

Bell at 3 is...

Well, they've basically got out the shovel to dig his grave there. Out of form, struggling for rhythm early in an innings, so let's ... get him in even earlier.

Boycott said it: as fragile as we are, we basically need a third opener batting at three. Especially against this Aussie attack. Is Ian Bell a Test opener? Not even at his best, which is brilliant. Bell at 3 this summer makes as much sense as Trott opening the batting in the spring. Its the triumph of reputation and internal relationships over common sense.

I hope I'm wrong, but id be surprised to see him go past 20 runs if we lose an early wicket at Edgbaston.

That's a proper sink-or-swim call right there. Surprisingly bold, in fact. To be fair, the guy has enough credits in the bank to be given more of a chance to revive his career than Ballance, who has plenty of time to go back to county level and work on his game. 

Bell certainly has the technique to bat at 3, it's all in his head where the issues are right now though. And regarding Boycott's comment, this makes a fuck load more sense than Trott a) being brought back so quickly and b) being asked to open immediately upon his return. Madness. 

Bell could theoretically still be dropped as Rashid could come in. I think he'll play though. It wouldn't surprise me if he suddenly found form again as he has in the past, but I think the fat lady might be getting ready to sing the knell to his career.