You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

In your opinion, who is the best striker in the World right now?

Monster Masch

Who is the best striker in the World, right now?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best striker in the World, right now?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not technically strikers, attackers maybe, but Messi and the greasy fucker are on a different level to anyone. I don't think anybody comes close, they are outscoring, and assisting, everyone, it's not even funny how far ahead they are.

Second tier, Falcao is tearing La Liga up, Villa has become a cog and isn't the same player, Aguero is phenomenal, bastard! After that, Suarez loyalties aside, I'm fining it hard to see anybody really stand out this season, yet.....

Edit: Cavani is doing a good Diego impression at Napoli, looking a proper player.

Not technically strikers, attackers maybe, but Messi and the greasy fucker are on a different level to anyone. I don't think anybody comes close, they are outscoring, and assisting, everyone, it's not even funny how far ahead they are.

Second tier, Falcao is tearing La Liga up, Villa has become a cog and isn't the same player, Aguero is phenomenal, bastard! After that, Suarez loyalties aside, I'm fining it hard to see anybody really stand out this season, yet.....

Edit: Cavani is doing a good Diego impression at Napoli, looking a proper player.

There is always one tries to take advantage of 'Other'. Cavani is doing great yeah, but would you say he's better than Rooney, Villa or Suarez?

Surprised Eto'o isn't on your list. He might have gone out to Dagestan, but the man is lethal. Also, Soldado for Valencia is on fire right now. I don't know, I feel like a few years ago there were several teams with strikers that you absolutely shit your pants over, but I feel like most of them have aged/regressed (Drogba, Torres, Villa) and now the scariest players tend to be forwards and wingers like Messi and Ronaldo. On this list, he's not fully fit often enough but van Persie always seems to get big goals for Arsenal.

Samuel Eto'o deserves an honorable mention he has performed consistently over the past 7 or 8 years. He has played in two teams who are setup up totally different, yet he has still played his part and won the biggest prizes. Shame he has gone to Anzhi , as I always enjoyed watching his movement and his contributions.

There is always one tries to take advantage of 'Other'. Cavani is doing great year, but would you say he's better than Rooney, Villa or Suarez?

On present form yes, and he could get better.

Suarez isn't scoring as many, Villa has become a cog, a very effective cog admittedly and Rooney is having a purple patch where everything he touches turns to gold.

Cavani, as I said, is doing a fine Impression of Diego and lifting, and to a certain extent carrying, the team. Which is more than can be said for the rest, for various reasons.

Villa, Etoo and Torres in that order.

Eto'o is awesome when on form but I think if you drop down a level in quality you can't really be considered. Villa is a good shout but his form hasn't been that great at Barca. He's scored a lot but also missed quite a lot as well. He's doing a bit of an Andy Cole if you like. And Torres? Get the fuck outta here, he's scored 1 in 20 ffs!

My shout would be Dzeko, fools on here were writing him off last year but he's a born goal scorer that lad and will easily be at the top of the scoring charts next year. If I could have anyone partnering Suarez up front it'd be him. Or Cavani.