You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Walking Dead Thread (spoilers and zombies inside)

William_Ulsterman

Is there a scenario where every single one of these tedious and annoying characters gets their face eaten off and the show finally just dies ?

Never have I gone from mild enjoyment to absolute loathing of a show so quickly. Lost me with the new season and pantomine villain Neagen.

Don't they still have a follow-up chat show for watching the show as well ? Talk about beating a dead horse.

The season finale drew the lowest ratings for five years.

Still the highest rated show but it really needs to get it's arse in gear. People have had enough of the fumbling around in the woods nonsense. There were literally only a couple of episodes that moved the story along. The best thing they could do is fire the comic writers and get folk in who now how to adapt storylines for TV and then shrink the series down to 10 episodes. Most of this season was filler.

• Upvote 2

Still the highest rated show but it really needs to get it's arse in gear. People have had enough of the fumbling around in the woods nonsense. There were literally only a couple of episodes that moved the story along. The best thing they could do is fire the comic writers and get folk in who now how to adapt storylines for TV and then shrink the series down to 10 episodes. Most of this season was filler.

This, for the love of thor, this.

I'm patient but if they take the All Out War arc and turn it to fucking about in the woods then I'll bin it like others.

They've already ditched parts of the build up and the kingdoms army amounted to two 8 or 9 people plus a tiger?

All seems very small scale.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

They've already ditched parts of the build up and the kingdoms army amounted to two 8 or 9 people plus a tiger?

All seems very small scale.

I like how the tiger knew who to attack.

Started as a great horror show, turned into a soap opera. I'm done with it, I didn't watch the final episode until last night, even then I fast forwarded a lot of it, especially the Negan (he's behind you) bits and the bits with the big ginger bloke. So about five minutes or so worth watching and most of them were hoping more of them would actually get killed.

If they follow the books people will hate how this arc ends, especially with the increasing indifference to certain characters.

Going forward it's just variations on a theme. The Governor, Neagen and the saviours, the whisperer's.

• 1 month later...

Can't see a thread for Fear The Walking Dead. Just about caught up with it on Kodi, 3 episodes to go. I've really enjoyed it, possibly more than the original as there's always plenty going on. Not so much sitting in a farmhouse staring into space or talking earnestly to each other. There's stacks more gone on in 2 seasons of FTWD than the original.

Can't see a thread for Fear The Walking Dead. Just about caught up with it on Kodi, 3 episodes to go. I've really enjoyed it, possibly more than the original as there's always plenty going on. Not so much sitting in a farmhouse staring into space or talking earnestly to each other. There's stacks more gone on in 2 seasons of FTWD than the original.

Thought it was woeful, poor characters, it drops the whole what happened at the beginning (supposedly the selling point) half way through the first series and has been plodding and dull throughout. I gave up at the mid season break of season 2 so maybe it picks up after that but I can't see it.

I think it's a long way from plodding and dull, especially in comparison with the original series. It hasn't spent episode after episode analysing the characters when it's not needed. It's a commentary on horror and survival and I just think that so far it's doing a better job of doing that than the original does in that it's just got on with it. 

I think Nick is a good character, albeit a bit gullible; Chris, the mouth-breather son always looked like a wrong-un from the word go. Alicia is turning out to be badass and the milfy goodness of Madison is rather nice. Lots of promise I think.

The most frustrating part of FTWD was definitely how quickly it skipped over the fall of society to go straight into TWD: Mexican Style; especially since that's how it was initially sold. I thought it could have added real depth to the TWD universe if they'd shown the breakdown and collapse of the world. In the end, turns out AMC's budget will only stretch to some soldiers on a street.

• 1 month later...

I've just read that the production of Walking Dead Season 8 has been suspended as one of the stuntmen has fallen 30 feet onto a concrete floor and he has been left brain-dead by the fall. On life support apparently. Any fans of the show still may have to wait a while, I would think.

I've just read that the production of Walking Dead Season 8 has been suspended as one of the stuntmen has fallen 30 feet onto a concrete floor and he has been left brain-dead by the fall. On life support apparently. Any fans of the show still may have to wait a while, I would think.

He's dead.