You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Non LFC transfers guessing Summer 2011

Gym Beglin

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So wont these financial fair play rules come into play until 2012/2013 ?

Or are there ways around them, or are City, Chelsea etc just not giving a shit and actually risk being thrown out ?

Anyway, i reckon City will offer shitloads for Ibrahimovic and Kaka, and im not arsed in the slightest cause i dont think they are suited to the prem at all.

Reckon Utd will go for Sneijder or Modric and possibly Bale.

So wont these financial fair play rules come into play until 2012/2013 ?

Or are there ways around them, or are City, Chelsea etc just not giving a shit and actually risk being thrown out ?

Fuggedaboudit

They don't give a shit, they'll just sell players between themselves and balance the books.

If in doubt, it'll turn into an accountants war that will last 5 years before a proper decision is made on it.

By which time Platini will have changed his mind, or another system will be heralded and this one forgotten about.

Back to FM 11/12

Who will come in for Modric?

Can see utd going for him. Can see Ferguson getting rid of Anderson, Scholes retiring, and the lad who used to play for Bayern but always injured, can't think of his name?he will defo go. Wouldn't suprise me to see Modric with it'd next season.

Whose this o'hanlon kid we are supposed to have signed, Kenny is meant to be delighted by it. I hate the internet transfer time.

I've done a bit of research on this, apparently he's a leftback or left winger, pace to burn and according to 2 schoolboy football experts I've spoken to including 1 involved in his club, he's the best player in his age group in Ireland. Spurs apparently made a big offer to his club and family( I'm not sure how these things work) but we've also made big offers as have several other clubs, the head of Real Madrid academy has also approached St Kevins.

I'm not sure if he's signed for us yet TBH, but allegedly Kenny himself was talking to him in Ireland last week, again no confirmation on that

Fuggedaboudit

They don't give a shit, they'll just sell players between themselves and balance the books.

If in doubt, it'll turn into an accountants war that will last 5 years before a proper decision is made on it.

By which time Platini will have changed his mind, or another system will be heralded and this one forgotten about.

Back to FM 11/12

Couldnt just Abramovich have his investment company Millhouse LLC or whatever the hell it's called "sponsor" Chelsea and the same with some random Abu Dhabi based company for City ?

Or is that somehow against the rules in that the owners cannot bail the club out, which is supposed to be the case.

Couldnt just Abramovich have his investment company Millhouse LLC or whatever the hell it's called "sponsor" Chelsea and the same with some random Abu Dhabi based company for City ?

Or is that somehow against the rules in that the owners cannot bail the club out, which is supposed to be the case.

No. According to an article in World Soccer:

...clubs must also prove that commercial deals have been agreed at market rates and not engineered by rich owners to circumvent the rules.

So you won't see Man City get a £50m/yr shirt sponsorship deal for example. Nor will you see a stadium naming rights deal at exorbitant rates.

Sanchez, Hulk, Mata - City

Neymar, Van der Wiel, Lukaku, Kaka - Chelsea

Hazard, Benzema, Sakho - Arsenal

Sneijder/Young, Henderson/Rodwell - Utd

Rossi, N'Zogbia, Parker - Spurs

I also think Utd will sign a striker and probably a centre half, and Spurs will sign another striker but god knows who.

Guest PurpleNose
Sanchez, Hulk, Mata - City

Neymar, Van der Wiel, Lukaku, Kaka - Chelsea

Hazard, Benzema, Sakho - Arsenal

Sneijder/Young, Henderson/Rodwell - Utd

Rossi, N'Zogbia, Parker - Spurs

I also think Utd will sign a striker and probably a centre half, and Spurs will sign another striker but god knows who.

No chance Rossi would swap Champions League football, and playing in the best league in the world, for Spurs.

Think he'll go to Barcelona.

Hulk's just signed a new contract, so I think City will go for other targets.

Can't see Benzema going anywhere to be honest. He's grown into his role. There are a few other players that'll leave before him, even if Madrid do get Llorente. He especially won't move for Arsenal money.

Finally Neymar... feels a bit like Aguero (in the way Chelsea talk about him a lot, but don't do the deal) to me. I don't think he really wants to move and I don't think Santos really need to sell. They'll want to try and keep him until 2014 and make a superstar of him for the world cup.