You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Agree with melons and others who say that rag wouldnt want to know if it was either a normal couple or single parent from any major city or its surrounds in the country but because its two professional people then its viewed as different,hypocritical twats.

I still wouldnt wipe my arse with the rag and wouldnt let them tell me how I can conduct the search through the media.

I would use ALL resources and not just one and particularly the foreign ones.

I sympathise fully with these people as I would with anybody under the circumstances but the scum isnt the only option.

I've already enlightened you, but allow me to repeat an earlier post that you have already replied to:

"They paid the most money.

They reach more people than any other newspaper (nearly 8m a day).

They doubtless agreed to lobby on behalf of the McCanns"

As a rule of thumb, if you're going to sign an exclusive with a newspaper, it's probably best to go with the paper prepared to pay the most, who have the largest audience reach, and are the most influential.

Hope that's cleared it up for you. If anything requires further clarification, do feel free to fuck off and ask someone else.

Over a period of time (in other threads) you really have taken issue with me, If i cared I'd ask why.

The sun reaches almost 8m people a day. Please point out to me how many people in the country haven't heard of this case?

The sun paid £200,000 to serialise the book.

You have your opinion, i have mine. I'd argue that another paper would of been willing to pay that fee, it's not an astronomical amount in the grand scheme of things.

Lobby for the family? behave, it's a paper that's out for it's own gain.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Agree with melons and others who say that rag wouldnt want to know if it was either a normal couple or single parent from any major city or its surrounds in the country but because its two professional people then its viewed as different,hypocritical twats.

I'm fairly certain that they're happy to profit out of any sort of tragedy. It wouldn't matter who the parent/s are, they'd be happy to sell a few newspapers of the back of anybody's misery.

I still wouldnt wipe my arse with the rag and wouldnt let them tell me how I can conduct the search through the media.

I would use ALL resources and not just one and particularly the foreign ones.

I sympathise fully with these people as I would with anybody under the circumstances but the scum isnt the only option.

What's the other option? I'd say that any paper offering a significant amount of money would have been after an exclusive. I'd be shocked if, as is so often true, the Sun wasn't the highest bidder by a long way.

I'm fairly certain that they're happy to profit out of any sort of tragedy. It wouldn't matter who the parent/s are, they'd be happy to sell a few newspapers of the back of anybody's misery.

What's the other option? I'd say that any paper offering a significant amount of money would have been after an exclusive. I'd be shocked if, as is so often true, the Sun wasn't the highest bidder by a long way.

Thats something we'll probably never know but how about syndicating it to reach all the audiences?

Anyway I personally wouldnt have anything to do with that rag but the McCanns obviously have no personal axe to grind with that rag so its their choice,but still a bad one,at least morally in my opinion.

Guest TK-421

Whoever they chose some holier than thou "I'm the best parent" would have taken issue with it, or poked fun, or whatever.

(this comment isn't aimed at anybody in particular).

Whoever they chose some holier than thou "I'm the best parent" would have taken issue with it, or poked fun, or whatever.

(this comment isn't aimed at anybody in particular).

As a holier than thou parent I'm going to take offence. If this was about baby stormtroopers being abducted you would be qualified to comment, but as it isn't please keep your views to yourself.

I know its raking over old ground but [sANCTIMONY] I heard Kate McCann on the radio this morning talking about her theory that someone ried to abduct Madeleine the night before - this was based on a conversation with the child the morning she disappeared when the child asked "why didn't you come last night when Shaun and I were crying ?". It seems she ignored this at the time and went out to the bar anyway. Irrespective of any risk of abduction I find it a bit callous that someone could leave a child alone after hearing that [/sANCTIMONY].

She also had a theory that the twins had been sedated as they didn't rouse when the Police were searching the apartment *strokes chin*.

As a holier than thou parent I'm going to take offence. If this was about baby stormtroopers being abducted you would be qualified to comment, but as it isn't please keep your views to yourself.

I know its raking over old ground but [sANCTIMONY] I heard Kate McCann on the radio this morning talking about her theory that someone ried to abduct Madeleine the night before - this was based on a conversation with the child the morning she disappeared when the child asked "why didn't you come last night when Shaun and I were crying ?". It seems she ignored this at the time and went out to the bar anyway. Irrespective of any risk of abduction I find it a bit callous that someone could leave a child alone after hearing that [/sANCTIMONY].

She also had a theory that the twins had been sedated as they didn't rouse when the Police were searching the apartment *strokes chin*.

As two doctors they could easily have known that a blood test would have confirmed this theory,that sounds like bullshit and something I wouldnt expect from such an intelligent person.

It's fucked up that there's people on here gladly admitting that they'd use the scum, you bunch of two faced bastards. So you won't buy their "paper" now but would pocket the cash if the situation suited you personally? Couldn't give a runny shit about the Mccanns but expected more from reds, disgraceful.

Over a period of time (in other threads) you really have taken issue with me, If i cared I'd ask why.

I don't know who you are. I have no interest whatsoever in who you are.

I don't even recall taking issue with you (in other threads), which I can only assume is linked to the above.

But I'd probably take issue with you less if you didn't talk so much shit, so often.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
It's fucked up that there's people on here gladly admitting that they'd use the scum, you bunch of two faced bastards. So you won't buy their "paper" now but would pocket the cash if the situation suited you personally? l.

No, you ignorant prick. I'd use the Sun in order to find my child, if it was the best chance of doing so.

It's fucked up that there's people on here gladly admitting that they'd use the scum, you bunch of two faced bastards. So you won't buy their "paper" now but would pocket the cash if the situation suited you personally? Couldn't give a runny shit about the Mccanns but expected more from reds, disgraceful.

I'd kill your kids to save mine, so taking cash off the Sun wouldn't cost me a moment's sleep.

Take cash off the Sun?

Disgusting, even if it is to find your kid. The Mail or The Express would of done just the same exposure.

Seems you have pretty fucked up priorities there. I think most people would and certainly should ditch their principles in a heartbeat in this situation and do whatever it takes.

On the subject of the McCanns neglecting their child, I hope if by some ludicrously unlikely chance there is a God, he is a little less harsh on all of us come Judgement Day. The McCanns did not, as Melons said, neglect their child to the point where she was abducted. They neglected their child once for all we know, and paid a hugely disproportionate price for their fuck-up because they were dreadfully unlucky.*

*unless, of course, they killed her, in which case hats off to them. Terrible crime and all that, but they got away with it, and scored early retirement travelling the globe off other people's money. "She's been spotted in the Maldives! Wahey! She's been spotted in Barbados. Hurray! She's been spotted in Kirkby! Err...we'll wait for confirmation on that one.."

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Take cash off the Sun?

Disgusting, even if it is to find your kid. The Mail or The Express would of done just the same exposure.

Firstly, it's not just about exposure. Secondly, The Express has roughly the same readership as the fucking Evening Standard. 600k compared to over three million readers of the Sun. The Daily Mail only have 60 odd percent of that.

Neither, added together, have the buying power of the Sun. They certainly don't have the International reach and undercover contacts.

Still, I highly doubt you'd feel the same way if you have a child taken.

I've not because I'm not a hypocrite.

If it was me i'd never be able to show our faces in Liverpool again if we went to that Rag.

When they said 'sorry' they offered to fight the families causes, to lobby for groups trying for justice? Did they take it even though it might help? DId they fuck, they told them were to go and rightly so!

Seems you have pretty fucked up priorities there. I think most people would and certainly should ditch their principles in a heartbeat in this situation and do whatever it takes.

On the subject of the McCanns neglecting their child, I hope if by some ludicrously unlikely chance there is a God, he is a little less harsh on all of us come Judgement Day. The McCanns did not, as Melons said, neglect their child to the point where she was abducted. They neglected their child once for all we know, and paid a hugely disproportionate price for their fuck-up because they were dreadfully unlucky.

It's not just priorities. It's basic "facts" and "common sense".

What never fails to amaze - and then annoy me almost immediately - is the amount of spastics on the internet who feel that they should have a strong opinion about a topic that they are not remotely qualified to have an opinion about, based on their complete lack of knowledge about that topic or any of the factors relating to it.

I don't know who you are. I have no interest whatsoever in who you are.

I don't even recall taking issue with you (in other threads), which I can only assume is linked to the above.

But I'd probably take issue with you less if you didn't talk so much shit, so often.

Nah, you've insulted me on more then this thread, not that i'm overly arsed. If it takes typing out abuse on the internet to display some testosterone based rage and make you feel all masculine, fill your boots. It's got to be easier for you then any real world tantrums, you're not going make a show of yourself on here are you? Oh, then again...

There is an ignore function sweetie, i suggest you use it if you find me so offensive.

Why've you become such an agro merchant recently silverlining? You used to to post calm, logical well structured and articulate posts. Now you just swear at people who you disagree with and spend all day arguing. You're so full of rage its upsetting

Periods are a right inconvenience.

*unless, of course, they killed her, in which case hats off to them. Terrible crime and all that, but they got away with it, and scored early retirement travelling the globe off other people's money. "She's been spotted in the Maldives! Wahey! She's been spotted in Barbados. Hurray! She's been spotted in Kirkby! Err...we'll wait for confirmation on that one.."

Ahahahahahahahaha!

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I've not because I'm not a hypocrite.

I'm also guessing that you're not a parent.

If it was me i'd never be able to show our faces in Liverpool again if we went to that Rag.

When they said 'sorry' they offered to fight the families causes, to lobby for groups trying for justice? Did they take it even though it might help? DId they fuck, they told them were to go and rightly so!

Entirely different situation, and a decision I supported.

Never heard the interview, but to be fair my 3rd child is one crying shit - it takes a proper scream for me to jump to her attention.

That and at the age of 4 i still wouldn't of left her alone.

On the subject of the McCanns neglecting their child, I hope if by some ludicrously unlikely chance there is a God, he is a little less harsh on all of us come Judgement Day. The McCanns did not, as Melons said, neglect their child to the point where she was abducted. They neglected their child once for all we know, and paid a hugely disproportionate price for their fuck-up because they were dreadfully unlucky.*

Neglect is abuse, and what they did was neglect.

Had they been present when their child was abducted and not 100m away in a restaurant I can assure you my opinion would be very different.

Had the children been older - i don't know at least of high school age when they were left unsupervised my opinion would be different.

Everyone can harp on about how badly done to they've been - they've paid the ultimate price they've lost their child (and i do agree that's incredibly sad) - FUCK ME, how many times have there been threads on here where you've all wanted to kick the cunt in of a woman who's been done for abusing a child?

There was a smack head who fell asleep and rolled onto her kid suffocating it, she got a jail term. Pretty sure she didn't mean that to happen, and that she paid the ultimate price.

Weigh it up, smack head death of child - Jail term. Middle class parent off out in the pub - child abducted no charge what so ever.