You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Why? Because they are saying they'll defend an ally?

The laundry list of heinous shit the Russians have pulled in Syria is as long as David Ngog's knob. Aside from  this chemical attack, look at some of this shit. 

ccording to Amnesty International, in late February 2016 Russian warplanes deliberately targeted civilians and rescue workers during their bombing campaign.[369] The human rights group has documented attacks on schools, hospitals and civilian homes. Amnesty International also said that "Russia is guilty of some the most egregious war crimes" it had seen "in decades". The director of Amnesty's crisis response program, Tirana Hassan, said that after bombing civilian targets, the Russian warplanes "loop around" for a second attack to target the humanitarian workers and civilians who are trying to help those have been injured in the first sortie.[132][369]

In February 2016, Human Rights Watch (HRW) reported extensive use of cluster munitions by Syria and Russia, in violation of United Nations resolution 2139 of 22 February 2014, which demanded that all parties end "indiscriminate employment of weapons in populated areas". HRW said that "Russian or Syrian forces were responsible for the attacks" and that the munitions were "manufactured in the former Soviet Union or Russia" and that some were of a type that had "not been documented as used in Syria" prior to Russia's involvement in the war, which they claimed, suggested that "either Russian aircraft dropped them or Russian authorities recently provided the Syrian government with more cluster munitions, or both".[134] HRW also noted that while neither Russia nor Syria are parties to the Cluster Munitions Convention, the use of such munitions contradicts statements issued by the Syrian government that they would refrain from using them.[134]

In February 2016, Médecins Sans Frontières has said that either "Syrian regime" or Russian warplanes deliberately attacked a hospital in Maarat al-Numan.[370] The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights stated that it was Russian warplanes that destroyed the hospital.[371]

In 2016, opposition activists and local witnesses have reported that Russia has used white phosphorus against targets in Raqqa[372] and Idlib,[373] causing civilian casualties with the weapons.[374]

U.S. officials repeatedly stated that hospitals in Syria were attacked by Russian forces.[375][376][377] The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported that by mid-February 2016, Russian air strikes had killed 1,000 civilians, including 200 children, since the initiation of the intervention in September 2015.[378] In March 2016, Amnesty International reported "compelling evidence" of at least six such attacks.[379] These reports, including the bombing of two hospitals by Russian Air Force planes, have been denied by Russian officials.[380][381]In May 2016 the Russian delegation to the UN Security Council vetoed a statement condemning the air strikes on a refugee camp in Idlib on 5 May.[382]

In June 2016 Russia Today, while reporting minister Shoigu's visit to Hmeymim air base, showed incendiary cluster bombs being loaded onto Russian airplanes, identified as RBK-500 ZAB-2.5SM thanks to clearly visible markings. After this information, inconsistent with official Russian statements. The video was removed but later reinstated and uploaded by RT. An editorial note below the video made no mention of the weapon, saying a frame in the video has caused "concern for personnel safety" because of a pilot’s close-up. "Upon re-evaluation it was deemed that the frame did not pose any risks; it had since been restored and the video is up in its original cut," the RT statement said

Besides which I'm sick of them flexing their muscles and thinking they've got the West over a barrel with their election attacks, bot farms and even their shite Twitter trolling by supposed embessies. 

They lost the cold war and they act like the cock of the class, they're absolute cunts. 

• Upvote 1

If this orange twat ends the world before the Champions League final, I'll fucking batter him.

I will go full Everton if this happens.

You'll see me dragging around my shopping cart in the apocalyptic wasteland, stopping anyone within earshot to rave about how "ifithadnabeenferTrump" we'd have won the Champion's League back in 2018.

• Upvote 2

I will go full Everton if this happens.

You'll see me dragging around my shopping cart in the apocalyptic wasteland, stopping anyone within earshot to rave about how "ifithadnabeenferTrump" we'd have won the Champion's League back in 2018.

And I'll steal my shopping trolley back while your back is turned!

My trolley!

I half wonder if the brinkmanship with Russia is a little choreographed. 

Putin has Trump in his back pocket. He's probably got video footage of him doing things he shouldn't have been doing. At the least he will have a long paper trail of dodgy loans and various enrichment schemes that old Trumpy has been filling his boots with in Russia. 

Putin is as crooked as they come, but there has likely been a convergence of economic interest with Trump, so he hasn't swatted him down personally yet. And it's certain that Putin still longs for the sanctions to be dropped so the gravy train can press on unimpeded. (Without having knowledge of the situation or researching it, I bet the sanctions are being circumvented anyhow). 

However...

The noose is getting VERY tight around Trump's neck right now. So his best bet is to act tough on Russia. I suspect it's all choreographed. He will get to send a few missiles, blow a few things up, look tough to his base, but basically nothing much will change. Geopolitically Russia need access to the Mediterranean and their backing for Syria is not going to change. 

Trump will hope that a few missiles will change the news cycle, and it will, but only briefly. There's no way America and Russia will let this spiral out of control.

And meanwhile, it will come back to the investigation into Trump. What has Mueller uncovered? 

No one wants to be associated with him. It's why they are dropping like flies. Paul Ryan is out of there. (He's young enough and might have a run at the big office in the future).