You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss
As if you will get any answers.

There is a very high chance that the owners will not even respond to you.

Why do you say that?

I can't speak for our owners.

However if I was in John Henry's position and received communication like that and the solicitors letter sent in December I would be telling SoS to get fucked by now. Actually that's not strictly true, I wouldn't dignify it with a response.

Guest ShoePiss

That link isn't the questions sent to the owners, it's a simple bulletin letting people know of their intentions.

There was no solicitor's letter, it was from Graham Smith's work email address if I remember rightly.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I think they've every reason to ask questions of this. Nothing wrong with asking questions. I just hope they've learned their lesson and do it in a better way than last time.

Guest ShoePiss
I think they've every reason to ask questions of this. Nothing wrong with asking questions. I just hope they've learned their lesson and do it in a better way than last time.

Yeah, all about the delivery.

It's a consortium isn't it? I bet over a given year or two there will be a few ins and outs in terms of investors. That's normal isn't it - actually that's more a statement than a question. I don't expect all of the changes to be made public either let alone answer questions on each one. Having said that it would be good supporter relations if they did answer reasonable questions.

Guest ShoePiss
It's a consortium isn't it? I bet over a given year or two there will be a few ins and outs in terms of investors. That's normal isn't it - actually that's more a statement than a question. I don't expect all of the changes to be made public either let alone answer questions on each one. Having said that it would be good supporter relations if they did answer reasonable questions.

Yeah agree with that but the questions need to be asked all the same.

The original news report said he'd been given a % of the club as part of a deal made with FSG. I'd like to know what % he was given and how much of any money made off the deal actually goes back to the club instead of to FSG.

I think those questions are pretty fair considering a slice of the club has been used to sweeten the deal.

You probably burnt your bridges with the owners with that letter in December.

Not all Liverpool fans are outraged about this by the way so I'd like some specifics included in any future communications with the owners, "our members" instead of "supporters" would be a start.

So FSG get to market Lebron worldwide and what better way to announce this to the world by giving Lebron (probably an insignificant percentage of LFC) Without LFC being involved this whole story would have been confined to the states, instead add LFC into it and it is mentioned in press all around the world. I would say it is more of a ploy than anything else.

Guest ShoePiss
You probably burnt your bridges with the owners with that letter in December.

Not all Liverpool fans are outraged about this by the way so I'd like some specifics included in any future communications with the owners, "our members" instead of "supporters" would be a start.

Nowhere in their statement is there even a suggestion of outrage in response to the news and besides, you don't have to be outraged to want further information.

No idea why you would say that. If you don't want the information don't read the statement released if they get a response.

Guest ShoePiss
"Supporters have, naturally, begun to ask questions"

Still cant get into that "our membership" bit can you

All members are supporters, I know lots of supporters who are none members who have also asked questions.

Big deal.

A marketing deal between FSG and one of the biggest sporting personalities on the planet... would on earth could their motivations be?

There's only one question we should be asking, "how much of a stake (either direct or equivalent to a holding in FSG) of LFC does LeBron James hold?". I'd be amazed if it's more than 0.1%.

Any more questions than that would just make the asking party look like fools.

Guest ShoePiss
A marketing deal between FSG and one of the biggest sporting personalities on the planet... would on earth could their motivations be?

There's only one question we should be asking, "how much of a stake (either direct or equivalent to a holding in FSG) of LFC does LeBron James hold?". I'd be amazed if it's more than 0.1%.

Any more questions than that would just make the asking party look like fools.

Only an idiot thinks they're in business and owning us for anything other than money, just like the previous owners they are here to get as much money out of us as they can. It appears so far that the way they want to do it won't be detrimental to the long term success of the club as per the previous.

The concern here (for me anyway) is how much of a carrot did they dangle for him to get on board and how much of anything they make goes back to the club rather than to FSG, Redsox etc etc.

If they're giving a slice of our pie away we should get the benefit.

That's more than one question, I don't think it's foolish. Of course if the % share is 0.1% then the whole thing is pretty much a marketing gimmick to begin with.

Not impressed?

Not impressed?

You work so hard to be best

Not impressed

You`re working so hard

You`ll almost never rest

;)

Should have stopped after 2 1/2 lines, total giveaway this...

If we all could care a bit more for each other...