You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

17 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Why do they always pull the “you got people booted out of their homes” card when they did exactly the same ? 

Its that David Conn article they all have saved on their phones browsing history along with Gerrard in an Everton kit. 

They also forget that they fucked Kirkby over by pulling out of the deal last minute because they realised they couldn't find £70m, even though Tesco would pay the rest. 

Kirkby has only now been able to get a major supermarket chain for the town centre and has suffered for years through lack of investment.  Now they are making out they are saviours for regenerating an area where no one lives.

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

This is what I dont get about them the way they are so arrogant, anyone listening to their fans would think they are on Barcelona or Real Madrid's level and have just had a bit of bad luck recently. Basically all they have done recently is thrive off our failings or partake in mental gymnastics to belittle our achievements. 

They have done nothing for 26 years apart from get to one FA cup final. Prior to that they had two successful seasons in the 1980s after winning nothing since 1970. We have probably won as many trophies since 2000 as they have since 1878. Yet some of them still believe that they are a bigger club than us or that they have a larger local fanbase despite their own public consultation for their stadium stating otherwise. 

Mad isn't it? Ignoring the fact they've won nothing in the last 26 years, they've only won about 7 trophies in the last 80!

43 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Mad isn't it? Ignoring the fact they've won nothing in the last 26 years, they've only won about 7 trophies in the last 80!

I just genuinely dont get it. By all means support your team but fucking hell, have a bit of perspective!

They say we live in the past but those two seasons in the 80s are all they cling on to. 

You would think Everton won everything in the 80s and not us.

“It is estimated that the stadium development and plans for a Goodison Legacy will deliver a 1.3bn boost to the economy, create more than 15,000 jobs and attract 1.4m new visitors to the city.

Is this like the Tories new hospital's? Half of them were here already but they are as good as new.

Would Merro's notion of 'strategic advantage' be the thought, that the first sight that all those cruise tourists coming to Liverpool, with the sole purpose of looking for a club to follow, would* be their new ground? And so the decision will be made for them.

When they get off the cruise ship and they ask how they get to it, their answer will be along the lines of 'Ask a taxi driver to bring you there and stop when you get an overpowering smell of shite'. That'll instantly bring in more diehard 'born not manufactured' fans than James' Instagram followers.

Would*: Conditional on it ever being built, as opposed to the use of the deluded present tense 'are now'.

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Its that David Conn article they all have saved on their phones browsing history along with Gerrard in an Everton kit. 

They also forget that they fucked Kirkby over by pulling out of the deal last minute because they realised they couldn't find £70m, even though Tesco would pay the rest. 

Kirkby has only now been able to get a major supermarket chain for the town centre and has suffered for years through lack of investment.  Now they are making out they are saviours for regenerating an area where no one lives.

They get a free ride in the press whereas we fart and it’s local and national back page news, comes with the territory of being a meaningful sporting institution I suppose.

Rafa was right they really are small time cunts.

47 minutes ago, Halcyon Days said:

They get a free ride in the press whereas we fart and it’s local and national back page news, comes with the territory of being a meaningful sporting institution I suppose.

Rafa was right they really are small time cunts.

They revel in the plucky little Everton routine when it suits them. Even though they've outspent us the last 5 years. Then they moan that no one thinks of them as a big club.

Has anybody actually been down there lately, they’ve just spent a fortune doing up the roads in turning it into one side of the road into a small bus lane thus reducing potential traffic .

I mean if it happens it will be a massive massive building project and we all saw how long the new Wembley and Spurs grounds took to finish and they were in a financially lucrative city .

This just has the makings of something that gets started and then ends up not even half completed or drags on and on which obviously has never ever happened before in Liverpool 

2 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Has anybody actually been down there lately, they’ve just spent a fortune doing up the roads in turning it into one side of the road into a small bus lane thus reducing potential traffic .

I mean if it happens it will be a massive massive building project and we all saw how long the new Wembley and Spurs grounds took to finish and they were in a financially lucrative city .

This just has the makings of something that gets started and then ends up not even half completed or drags on and on which obviously has never ever happened before in Liverpool 

Like Valencia's new stadium.

You are right about things taking fucking ages in this city.

Can't remember the last major project to go from planning permission to completion without it stalling, someone getting arrested, a self interest group putting a spanner in the works, a dickhead local politician trying to make a name for themselves by opposing it, funding collapsing or workers going months without getting paid. It doesn't seem to happen in any other city as much as it does here. 

17 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I despair at the thought of this. I know many believe anything in that area is better than nothing, and to a degree, they're right. But. It's not like the city is short of areas to put a stadium that don't involve decimating historically important sites. And this site is historically important. I'm not against them having a new stadium at all. I wish it wasn't there.

25 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Like Valencia's new stadium.

You are right about things taking fucking ages in this city.

Can't remember the last major project to go from planning permission to completion without it stalling, someone getting arrested, a self interest group putting a spanner in the works, a dickhead local politician trying to make a name for themselves by opposing it, funding collapsing or workers going months without getting paid. It doesn't seem to happen in any other city as much as it does here. 

Political gangsters.

40 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I was driving along the strand a couple of weeks back, it looks like they're trying to make it 1 lane for regular traffic in each direction. I actually thought the new lanes they were doing were bike lanes. It does have the potential to be a real traffic nightmare though - not just through the city, but I know it's a piss take with their Welsh following, but they have loads of fans coming through the tunnel on match day, I could easily see the tunnel exits getting bundled.into some traffic hell going to the stadium h especially of the ground is holding 25-30% more than woodison. Hopefully though that's all been thought of in the environmental aspect of the planning permission. 

18 minutes ago, rb14 said:

I despair at the thought of this. I know many believe anything in that area is better than nothing, and to a degree, they're right. But. It's not like the city is short of areas to put a stadium that don't involve decimating historically important sites. And this site is historically important. I'm not against them having a new stadium at all. I wish it wasn't there.

I used to live not far from there and while there's undoubted nice parts of the water front, BMD is a fucking mess. I really have absolutely no issue in them building something there. It looks an impressive stadium. The big worry though is what stickman is talking about and the dock gets obliterated and the stadium never gets completed and it's the worst of both worlds. Funding of this stadium is clearly going to be an issue unless moshiri or usmanov are funding it. I don't really see why they would do that - but then I don't know why moshiri has spunked the 500m or whatever he has so far. Just think about that. He's spent more than fsg will have done buying us, building the main stand, building the rd end (if it gets done) and doing the new training complex - and all of those building projects will be funded by club money and not FSGs. And this is all before moshiri builds this ground. Something about the whole Everton enterprise doesn't make sense. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

They revel in the plucky little Everton routine when it suits them. Even though they've outspent us the last 5 years. Then they moan that no one thinks of them as a big club.

They couldn’t handle the scrutiny being a big club brings. Imagine the ridicule they’d bring on themselves the way they act with if the rest of the country starting to give a shit about them. They might even start to be hated by Mr and Mrs little England. Na they’re quite happy hiding in our shadow.

• Like 1

Like most reds I’m genuinely nor arsed about them building it the area needs developing but as somebody else mentioned on here  in doing so they just join a long list of clubs who have got a new ground and apart from Man City what other club has benefited from one ?
And Man City only did thanks to their magnificent youth policy that brought through and developed talent such as David Silva , Aguero,  Kompany  and DeBruyne 

• Upvote 3

I just don't understand Moshiri at all, I mean he's a clever man and a successful investor. But he could have thrown the £500m in for a new stadium the day he arrived and it would be built now. There would be no interest or repayments and he wouldn't be in much of a different situation than is now. Except the club would have been worth at least that and more. Of course he gambled on a free stadium, and has been chasing his losses ever since. 

He's not going to get that money back any time soon and with the state of the world as it is now and presumably for the next 5 to 10 years, the stadium isn't going to be easy to finance via investment or keep under costs. I can just see investors waiting to throw money at a club that effectively is in negative equity as they owe Moshiri about what he's asking investors to cough up. They may have absolutely no links to the ongoing issues that face the Liverpool council but that shit will splatter everywhere and potentially scare off any investors for now. 

Then when and if they get it built and are making the payments, where will the player investment cash be coming from? They discovered that for them at least it's the taking part that counts because City will block them from winning almost anything, city and Chelsea have seemingly unlimited funds and some strange ability to not only avoid punishments for cheating, they actually get praised for it. 

Good luck to them if they get a stadium where they can watch the game, the high ticket prices could see off all but the bitterest of them, then then not winning the premiership in their first season in it will see off the remaining. 

• Upvote 2

They genuinely think we are all up in arms and our heads have fallen off. I couldn't give a fuck, if I was pushed I'm happy for them. They need a new stadium and its good for the city and that run down area. Plus the smell of dogshit around Goodison is truly fucking awful. Even the swans in Stanley Park face away from it. 

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I was driving along the strand a couple of weeks back, it looks like they're trying to make it 1 lane for regular traffic in each direction. I actually thought the new lanes they were doing were bike lanes. It does have the potential to be a real traffic nightmare though - not just through the city, but I know it's a piss take with their Welsh following, but they have loads of fans coming through the tunnel on match day, I could easily see the tunnel exits getting bundled.into some traffic hell going to the stadium h especially of the ground is holding 25-30% more than woodison. Hopefully though that's all been thought of in the environmental aspect of the planning permission. 

I used to live not far from there and while there's undoubted nice parts of the water front, BMD is a fucking mess. I really have absolutely no issue in them building something there. It looks an impressive stadium. The big worry though is what stickman is talking about and the dock gets obliterated and the stadium never gets completed and it's the worst of both worlds. Funding of this stadium is clearly going to be an issue unless moshiri or usmanov are funding it. I don't really see why they would do that - but then I don't know why moshiri has spunked the 500m or whatever he has so far. Just think about that. He's spent more than fsg will have done buying us, building the main stand, building the rd end (if it gets done) and doing the new training complex - and all of those building projects will be funded by club money and not FSGs. And this is all before moshiri builds this ground. Something about the whole Everton enterprise doesn't make sense. 

Does Usmanov or whatever his name is own a steel company, if so is it his company that all the materials will be brought from. Will he then sponsor the Stadium to the tune of the repayments. This might not end up as the noose around their neck we think it will but at the same time this won't catapult them tonthe upper echelons of the football elite.

They are banking their future on this stadium but its akin to serving a Mcdonalds on a 6th (Han) dynasty Chinese noodle bowl made specially for the emporer.

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Their losses which are massive, their static small turnover, their ridiculous 85% of turnover being spent on wages and how much they are throwing around on buying players is a recipe for financial disaster.

• Upvote 1