You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

4 hours ago, Denny Crane said:

I think Wengers doping analogy was accurate and you treat doping by expunging records and severe punishment. The thing is you are reliant on owners of Premier League clubs to act to protect sporting integrity when they will be looking at what is best for the bottom line. They all get to participate in marking their homework. 

The Premier League are meeting next month to discuss this squad cost ratio Parry mentioned. You need 14 to change rules right. I suspect the clubs who are charged will try and use this to their advantage. When I hear Parry and the tory chair mentioning retrospective punishment as a weakness, I'm like what are they cooking. It's not farfetched to think the Premier League are looking for a way not to punish their shareholders. 

Any rule change won't matter to the charges out now though. Uefa were implementing ffp right up to them moving to their new sustainability rules. And if the PL choose to match the rules in place at uefa, they're tougher than the existing PL PSR rules, so it won't even help a stupid argument Everton or anyone else want to put up. 

7 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Any rule change won't matter to the charges out now though. Uefa were implementing ffp right up to them moving to their new sustainability rules. And if the PL choose to match the rules in place at uefa, they're tougher than the existing PL PSR rules, so it won't even help a stupid argument Everton or anyone else want to put up. 

If enough teams are awaiting punishment couldn't they add an amnesty clause into any new agreement. Any rule breaking prior to ... will be forgiven. The more clubs face punishment the more likely they are to form a clique. 

10 hours ago, AdamD said:

I don’t normally listen to talk shite but put it on this morning on the drive to the train station. Ally McCoist was the presenter and he got Alan Stubbs on to talk about the fairness of the latest charge. I didn’t manage to listen to 30 seconds before I had to turn the bell end off. 

Haven't listened to Talksport for about 18 months now and I can categorically say that my life is infinitely better for it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Haven't listened to Talksport for about 18 months now and I can categorically say that my life is infinitely better for it.

My only exposure to it is what I've seen on here.

I'm not convinced I'm missing much.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, magicrat said:

Anyway a season in the Championship with the parachute money probably wouldn’t kill them and they would finally be in with a real chance of a league title 

1st place get a trophy.

Play off winners get a trophy.

Coming second gets you promotion but no trophy. Everton would finish second.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

I had in on for literally 10 seconds the other day before it severely pissed me off. It really is gutter radio, I can’t believe Klopp name checked it.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Denny Crane said:

If enough teams are awaiting punishment couldn't they add an amnesty clause into any new agreement. Any rule breaking prior to ... will be forgiven. The more clubs face punishment the more likely they are to form a clique. 

I wouldn't have thought so. They are not saying there shouldn't have been rules or the rules were wrong. they are just modifying how they want to control spending of clubs to achieve sustainability to be in line with other governing bodies. i would have thought even if some clubs wanted to vote themselves through an amnesty, that would be open to legal challenge from the clubs who have abided by the rules. As it stands right now, just Everton, Forest and City look vulnerable to punishment and it requires 14 votes to secure any rule change, so I can't even see how it would be possible. 

The reason we have thrived despite limited investment comes down to some brilliant signings. 

Signing Sterling for peanuts and getting £50M 

Signing Coutinho for £12M ang getting £120M

Two of the most transformative signings in our recent history as that business funds Virg, Ali and Mo, or a good chunk of the ground redevelopment.   

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

The reason we have thrived despite limited investment comes down to some brilliant signings. 

Two of the most transformative signings in our recent history as that business funds Virg, Ali and Mo, or a good chunk of the ground redevelopment.   

And sterling funded Bobby, at a time when fsg were even tighter then now. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

We also got decent money for Brewster and Ibe and a host of other fringe players; it all adds up.

If you then look at players Everton under Moshiri have bought from, say, £30m upwards compared to our signings in that range, in the same period, it's safe to say we have a better success rate.

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

If you then look at players Everton under Moshiri have bought from, say, £30m upwards compared to our signings in that range, in the same period, it's safe to say we have a better success rate.

Signed for small fortunes, paid them small fortunes in wages, sold them for peanuts when nobody would take them off their hands due to said wages. 

It’s Moshiri is the Iranian Peter Ridsdale. 

• Upvote 1

To be fair, Moshiri just signs the cheques.

He has brought in a succession of managers and DoF's who he has been advised are the best available, by the board , supporters and people who are supposed to know football a lot better than him. Not to mention the Russian 'ghost at the feast' sitting behind a curtain during negotiations.

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I wouldn't have thought so. They are not saying there shouldn't have been rules or the rules were wrong. they are just modifying how they want to control spending of clubs to achieve sustainability to be in line with other governing bodies. i would have thought even if some clubs wanted to vote themselves through an amnesty, that would be open to legal challenge from the clubs who have abided by the rules. As it stands right now, just Everton, Forest and City look vulnerable to punishment and it requires 14 votes to secure any rule change, so I can't even see how it would be possible. 

It's more you need x to block any changes and in return for accepting change they negotiate what they want. I'd add Chelsea,  Newcastle, Manchester City and a few others might have an incentive to act up. Don't forget Sheffield United are saudi owned.

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

To be fair, Moshiri just signs the cheques.

He has brought in a succession of managers and DoF's who he has been advised are the best available, by the board , supporters and people who are supposed to know football a lot better than him. Not to mention the Russian 'ghost at the feast' sitting behind a curtain during negotiations.

The fella who didn't own them but came to interviews for new managers, handed over £30m for naming rights on a ground that hadn't even started construction, sponsored their training kit and women's team. But once he was sanctioned they couldn't get any comparable sponsorship deals. 

3 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

The fella who didn't own them but came to interviews for new managers, handed over £30m for naming rights on a ground that hadn't even started construction, sponsored their training kit and women's team. But once he was sanctioned they couldn't get any comparable sponsorship deals. 

That's the fella.

And what could be further from "Corrupt" than that.