You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New HBO Series: Game of Thrones

Mr Nando

Will we see -- in this series? Or will that be the next series?

I've read up to storm of swords 2, so I'm all over the place in what book is this series portraying.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

They've compressed Robb's story a fair bit (Hoster's dead and Edmure's fucked up already), along with the fact that Beric seems to have been removed (although he might pop up in the next episode when they get the hound back to base), I think they might have Joffrey and Edmure's weddings at the end of the season. My guess is Twyin/Tyrion will be the note they go out on with the Wildling's defeat the episode before.

It's difficult because on one hand they need to keep the pace with the kids growing up and on the other they need Martin to finish the fucking books.

Will we see the red wedding in this series? Or will that be the next series?

I've read up to storm of swords 2, so I'm all over the place in what book is this series portraying.

Just paid 30 odd quid for a set of 6 of the books so don't spoil it. Didn't even know that its not even the complete set. Please tell me I've got that wrong. The first book was published back in 1996, I'd thought he'd have done the lot by now?

Another very memorable ending.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Emilia Clarke is ace and I thought it was brilliant that with a few well plotted lines, they made Sansa a huge game piece again.

That was brilliant. Considering how often Dinklage ends up carrying an episode the fact there's just one Tyrion scene, where he is reduced to being a foil for Varys' monologue, shows just how strong the rest of the episode was.

That first episode setting up the pieces is paying off now, isn't it?

I was intrigued by this show from S1 Ep1, gripped by about Ep3 and 'besotted' by the end of Ep6, therefore I have many standout moments and a few standout episodes, and last night's episode was right up there with them. But I think that last 6 minutes was the best thing I have ever seen on any screen, anywhere and of any size. Just breathtakingly brilliant in every single way.

I was intrigued by this show from S1 Ep1, gripped by about Ep3 and 'besotted' by the end of Ep6, therefore I have many standout moments and a few standout episodes, and last night's episode was right up there with them. But I think that last 6 minutes was the best thing I have ever seen on any screen, anywhere and of any size. Just breathtakingly brilliant in every single way.

Yep much better since the first episode of this series. Going to have to be careful with her story now though (and it may be why we're seeing less and less of her at the moment), am i right in saying that in the books she hasn't made it across the water yet?

Yep much better since the first episode of this series. Going to have to be careful with her story now though (and it may be why we're seeing less and less of her at the moment), am i right in saying that in the books she hasn't made it across the water yet?

Short answer, yes.

Major spoilers:

In the books her fortunes have been somewhat reduced and she's lost control of the dragons. The taking of the unsullied actually represents somewhat of a high point, although I suspect her story arc is far from finished. Notwithstanding that you never know with Martin. He is completely unafraid to kill off major characters.
Edited by zigackly

That spoiler.

Isn't it seven books already with another three to finish?

There are 5 books so far but books 3 and 5 have been split into 2 books in paperback. He has said there will be 2 more books The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring with the possibility of an 8th if he needs one. There was only meant to be 6 but he wrote too much and expanded it to 7.

That spoiler.

That isn't a spoiler unless you're a complete fucking idio....oh yeah it was kopite.

In other spoiler news daenerys walks in sandy places looking for boats, there's snow on the otherside of the wall and joffrey sits on an iron throne.