You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

konchesky back to fulham for 1.5 mill

bonesman

I've never seen a worse leftback play for us than insua, teams actively targeted him as they did with Dossena, konchesky was given more shit as Roy signed him, Benitez signed Josemi Degan Dossena Insua, Kromkamp, all worst players than konchesky and not one of them was abused by there own fans.

I'm absolutely baffled that anyone can be of that opinion.

Konchesky was atrocious, technically, positionally, everything, he was and is a terrible footballer. He got destroyed on a weekly basis, cross after cross would come from down his flank, footballing juggernauts like Saemus Coleman took him the cleaners on a weekly basis.

I don't know why you've chosen to bring up Rafa's signings. As far as I was aware this was no Rafa v Roy debate, but it seems that anyone who thinks Insua is a better player than Konchesky on here must be a 'Rafapologist' to you by your choice to start digging up Rafa's full back signings.

Trust me, Konchesky wasn't given shit because he was a Roy signing. He was given shit because he is a comically bad player. I don't know one red who rated him, lads I go the match with, lads who watch it in pubs, anyone. Why you think this has anything to do with Rafa is beyond me.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but like Aqualani people think these players are world beaters when they leave us because it suits the agenda

Benitez signed Josemi Degan Dossena Insua, Kromkamp, all worst players than konchesky and not one of them was abused by there own fans.

Sound.

No he's not, either was Dossena, Konchesky was a symbol of Roys Reign so he was given alot more shit than he deserved, the likes of Birmingham away West Ham homeKonchesky played very well, I've never seen to so inept fullback performances than Insua at fiorentina and fulham away last season, he can't get in to a shit galatasary team, but like Aqualani people think these players are world beaters when they leave us because it suits the agenda, he's no world beater but I'd rather konchesky was at left full than Agger or Wilson for the rest of season.

Good at Birmingham?! He let cross after cross come in. It's sad to see you so entrenched in your Benitez hate and "anyone is better than Insua" that rather than just admitting being wrong you dig and dig further down that hole.

Does it really matter if Insua was less shite than Konchesky or marginally better than Dossena or whatever? it`s just semantics. They all have one thing in common i.e none of them are anywhere near good enough to play for Liverpool FC. The fact that they all have recently and two of them still in fact belong to us, tells you all you need to know about the state of our squad.

Code's world is beyond me and I can't figure out where he takes his bizarre opinion from,but Trucker Paddy is one step higher on weirdness ladder. Code is easier to crack - you get what he means better, because he can spell at least...

Says the man who calls one of greatest servants carra a rat, and consistently slagged of this forum on twitter

Does it really matter if Insua was less shite than Konchesky or marginally better than Dossena or whatever? it`s just semantics. They all have one thing in common i.e none of them are anywhere near good enough to play for Liverpool FC. The fact that they all have recently and two of them still in fact belong to us, tells you all you need to know about the state of our squad.

Yep, hopefully the situation is sorted for good in the summer. The targets sound interesting if the rumours are true of Enrique etc

I'm absolutely baffled that anyone can be of that opinion.

Konchesky was atrocious, technically, positionally, everything, he was and is a terrible footballer. He got destroyed on a weekly basis, cross after cross would come from down his flank, footballing juggernauts like Saemus Coleman took him the cleaners on a weekly basis.

I don't know why you've chosen to bring up Rafa's signings. As far as I was aware this was no Rafa v Roy debate, but it seems that anyone who thinks Insua is a better player than Konchesky on here must be a 'Rafapologist' to you by your choice to start digging up Rafa's full back signings.

Trust me, Konchesky wasn't given shit because he was a Roy signing. He was given shit because he is a comically bad player. I don't know one red who rated him, lads I go the match with, lads who watch it in pubs, anyone. Why you think this has anything to do with Rafa is beyond me.

The reason I mentioned Rafa was IMO Konchesky got more shit than he deserved as he was Roys signing, the players I mentioned were as bad and worse but yet were never abused by there own fans, why was that?

I'm not sayin he's good enough long term but he's better than anything currently available to us

I've never seen a worse leftback play for us than insua, teams actively targeted him as they did with Dossena, konchesky was given more shit as Roy signed him, Benitez signed Josemi Degan Dossena Insua, Kromkamp, all worst players than konchesky and not one of them was abused by there own fans.

Spot on again Ritchie. Best fans in the world Dontcha know.

Jobi McAnuff tore Insua to shreds twice last season.

He never, but I can't be arsed getting back into the whole debate of him. He won't, like Konchesky, be playing another game for the club so it's all moot points.

Think we'll be seeing Wilson and Flanagan as the two full backs in the upcoming games.

Jobi McAnuff tore Insua to shreds twice last season. Nuff said. Insua is easily the worst left back we have had since Julian Dicks.

Dicks actually had a good debut against Everton, the one where Grobbelaar and McMannaman had handbags. It was all downhill from there mind.

He never, but I can't be arsed getting back into the whole debate of him. He won't, like Konchesky, be playing another game for the club so it's all moot points.

Think we'll be seeing Wilson and Flanagan as the two full backs in the upcoming games.

Wow, selective blindness. He really did Ian. It was embarrassing to watch how out of his depth Insua was against ANY half decent to average winger.

Dicks actually had a good debut against Everton, the one where Grobbelaar and McMannaman had handbags. It was all downhill from there mind.

Yeah it was. Dicks was actually a good footballer but was just a fat, unprofessional liability. Didn't he go the chippy for pie and chips before one of our games he was starting in rumour has it or was that a load of bollocks?

Dicks has something else in common with Insua apart from his love of chocolate, he scored a worldy once from 30 yards. Dicks v Oldham in 93-94 and Insua v Arsenal in the League Cup.

Wow, selective blindness. He really did Ian. It was embarrassing to watch how out of his depth Insua was against ANY half decent to average winger.

Not selective blindness at all, mate. I was at both games. The first one at Reading, the first time I heard anyone say that that winger tore the arse outta Insua was on the phone-ins and after that on here.

That ain't a point about the difference between anyone that was there or wasn't, if it comes across that way. But more that this wasn't the universal opinion.

Ultimately those that didn't want Rafa in the role picked up on every mistake made by Insua. And those that didn't want Hodgson here picked up on every mistake that Konchesky made.

Neither was as bad as they was overally made out to be but neither was good enough to be playing as first choice left back. I'd rather have kept Insua this season than signed Konchesky though.

Not selective blindness at all, mate. I was at both games. The first one at Reading, the first time I heard anyone say that that winger tore the arse outta Insua was on the phone-ins and after that on here.

That ain't a point about the difference between anyone that was there or wasn't, if it comes across that way. But more that this wasn't the universal opinion.

Ultimately those that didn't want Rafa in the role picked up on every mistake made by Insua. And those that didn't want Hodgson here picked up on every mistake that Konchesky made.

Neither was as bad as they was overally made out to be but neither was good enough to be playing as first choice left back. I'd rather have kept Insua this season than signed Konchesky though.

If you think that he wasn't torn to shreds by McAnuff Ian in particular that first game you mention and you came on here after the game and were shocked at people suggesting it then I honestly don't know what to say mate. He was a left back version of Gabriel Paletta. ie shite and slow with no positional sense. Whoever brokered those deals must have saw us coming. Way to go Eduardo.

This is spot on as well. I just don't get the Insua love in when he has done absolutely nothing since he has been here to justify it.

That neither is good enough but the Insua myths that get peddled on here that he would have became this good defender here is laughable. Mainly because he is Argentinian and young.

Don't think anyone's saying he would've turned into a world beater overnight, but he was a young kid playing twice a week for a huge club in his first full professional season. He was obviously going to start tiring after playing week in week out for us and struggle physically and mentally in some games.

It was not his fault that the first choice left back was made of glass and that he was the only one who could really play left back for us when Aurelio was out injured.

If you think that he wasn't torn to shreds by McAnuff Ian in particular that first game you mention and you came on here after the game and were shocked at people suggesting it then I honestly don't know what to say mate. He was a left back version of Gabriel Paletta. ie shite and slow with no positional sense. Whoever brokered those deals must have saw us coming. Way to go Eduardo.

I was more shocked at the numbers that thought he got well and truely destroyed by that lad, yeah.

His lack of pace was the biggest issue in this league and is probably why he wasn't that suited to it in the end but he still offered a fair amount going forward for us. He'd be better, in this country, as a left wing back. He'd be sound in that role.

Konchesky is just pure average at best. He got overally critised by some but he was one of the biggest things that showed how much lower Hodgson viewed us and thought we should be playing at.

I was more shocked at the numbers that thought he got well and truely destroyed by that lad, yeah.

His lack of pace was the biggest issue in this league and is probably why he wasn't that suited to it in the end but he still offered a fair amount going forward for us. He'd be better, in this country, as a left wing back. He'd be sound in that role.

Konchesky is just pure average at best. He got overally critised by some but he was one of the biggest things that showed how much lower Hodgson viewed us and thought we should be playing at.

But I can totally understand why Hodgson bought him as well. He comes in, sees the squad doesn't have an experienced left back so he buys somebody who has Premier League experience who was part of a solid unit at Fulham in his two years as manager there. He doesn't have the money or even the time to go out and buy someone of a better pedigree with the season almost upon us and a decimated squad. He has to resign the injury-prone Aurelio because of this reason as well.

He sees Mascherano leave then thinks he needs a defensive midfielder to plug a gap in the squad as well at minimal cost, hence the Poulsen signing. Poulsen has been capped 80 plus times for Denmark and Roy thought he could fill a gap and add some experience to the squad, it hasn't worked out as we know but Poulsen is clearly a good pro who is past his best. It wasn't as if Poulsen came from Serie A for 19m now is it?

It was only two years before Rafa broke our transfer record for a defender in Dossena who played in the same position who was totally shocking in his time here. He had played as a left-wing back for Udinese for a couple of years then he just expects him to come into this league and slot in comfortably at left-back.

I honestly don't think Hodgson would have signed these players if he had came into a better situation.

Our last two managers prior to Roy when they have came here have identified a position where they think we need a body just to ''do a job''. Houllier's was Song and Ferri. Rafa's was Josemi. They didn't last long after they signed because they knew they were just plugging a gap until something better came along and both of those managers came into infinitely better situations than Roy Hodgson could ever dream of.

But I can totally understand why Hodgson bought him as well. He comes in, sees the squad doesn't have an experienced left back so he buys somebody who has Premier League experience who was part of a solid unit at Fulham in his two years as manager there. He doesn't have the money or even the time to go out and buy someone of a better pedigree with the season almost upon us and a decimated squad. He has to resign the injury-prone Aurelio because of this reason as well.

He sees Mascherano leave then thinks he needs a defensive midfielder to plug a gap in the squad as well at minimal cost, hence the Poulsen signing. Poulsen has been capped 80 plus times for Denmark and Roy thought he could fill a gap and add some experience to the squad, it hasn't worked out as we know but Poulsen is clearly a good pro who is past his best. It wasn't as if Poulsen came from Serie A for 19m now is it?

It was only two years before Rafa broke our transfer record for a defender in Dossena who played in the same position who was totally shocking in his time here. He had played as a left-wing back for Udinese for a couple of years then he just expects him to come into this league and slot in comfortably at left-back.

I honestly don't think Hodgson would have signed these players if he had came into a better situation.

Our last two managers prior to Roy when they have came here have identified a position where they think we need a body just to ''do a job''. Houllier's was Song and Ferri. Rafa's was Josemi. They didn't last long after they signed because they knew they were just plugging a gap until something better came along and both of those managers came into infinitely better situations than Roy Hodgson could ever dream of.

Good post that John, factual and hard to disagree with